Are Vornado fans Jow Forums approved?

Are Vornado fans Jow Forums approved?

Attached: 35426_2_1487469979.jpg (800x600, 444K)

yes

>vorenado
Who let /d/ in here?

/d/ is highly supporting of both Jow Forums and /sci/. Both boards enable /d/'s dreams to (eventually) become reality.

>/d/
>checks letter name
>Hentai/Alternative
>checks board
>Both boards enable /d/'s dreams to (eventually) become reality.
>become reality.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You have to go back.

I personally prefer 20"-30" industrial fans with sealed ball bearings. They are noisy indoors but they move a lot of air.

so long as you're not partaking in dyson niggertry i think it's hard to go wrong with fans

sure is newfag around here, not going to be rude but just wondering when you came here, please answer honestly because I'm genuinely curious.

I have a differently branded one of those but its full of gunk so I'm using pic related. its apparently from 2006 and still works well so why buy a new one?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

They are pretty decent. I have a fan and a heater.

most vornado fans are 8-12inch deep pitch blades and I assume use less power

the point of vornado fans is for stirring the air in the room so when you walk in it feels like theres a small draft even though the fan is pointed at a wall and not directly at you. with most fans you point it at the person and oscillating fans you take turns pointing at the person

source I have 660, works pretty good

"vortex action"

Attached: vornado-full-size-vortex-metal-fan-d-20150519141915377_431492_alt1.jpg (466x466, 51K)

I use ceiling fans

>Vornado
>Paying over 50$ for a plastic fan

Vornadoashit. Just get the pic-related chinese version on Amazon for 15$. It's literally the exact same thing.

Attached: 234678435234.jpg (329x355, 23K)

>pointed at a wall and not directly at you
Why would you do that though

>take turns pointing at the person
Wouldn't this ''vortex'' also kinda exists/disappears at a particular point?

the official manual says have the fan in one corner of the room pointed at the opposite corner where the ceiling and the wall meet

no the "vortex" or draft is continuous as long as the fan is on

I had this fan in the early 2000's. Only fan I ever had that broke. Lasted about 3 years before the fan became detached from the motor. Then the motor just burned out.

Buy a pedestal fan and be done with it

this honeywell model has 1 year warranty and lasts about just as long. also this model has high RPM on the lowest setting so its not particularly quiet. Vornado white energy smart fans have 300 minimum RPM, most cheapo fans on amazon have 900 RPM minimum

I just use whatever fans my mawmmy buys.

These are great fans. Push a lot of air and quiet. Good price. Bought one after visiting the cousin who had one.

Botnet

Do you dumb assholes not have central air?

Did you not realize Jow Forums was full of poor people?

I do but if I have aircon on I pay $200/mo for electricity and that's fucking insane.

You dont seem to know how easy it is to replace a 3-way switch with a potentiometer, I do it for my car wipers too.

most people dont care about your hobbies

I prefer sitting on land and being slightly warm to raising the sea levels and needing to tread water to survive.
Fans are far more efficient than AC.

Crap aircon or crap insulation. 75F is comfy with low humidity, and unless it's 110 out regularly it should be fairly cheap to maintain that temp. I pay about $25 per month on kWh for my unit.

Its both. I have an evaporative cooler now but a solid week or two is 110 out. 85 with a lot of moving air is fine though.

for me it's Dyson's Dyson Cool™ fans

Attached: 617-1I3MvQL._SY463_.jpg (463x463, 10K)

>He fell for the global warming meme.
>He thinks that running air has any impact.
>He hasn't checked his energy supplier's source breakdown and found it's 20% nuclear, 15% hydro, 8% solar and wind, 40% natural gas, 15% coal and 2% misc.
>He doesn't have rooftop photovoltaic providing 80% of his daytime load.
Pick any.

Depends where you live, what local climate is like. I'm a home owner in metropolitan US city without central air. Most homes here are 50/50. It really isn't necessary everywhere. It might help a few days out of entire year.

You missed
> He doesn't have central air using evaporation cooling rather than phase-change A/C, using barely any more power than a large fan.

I'm sure they move air, but so do random other fans, including Chinese PC fans and what not.

You aren't getting much for your money with these, though Dyson is even worse.

It's not really the European way.

Fans are far more efficient. If you got the money, you insulate your house.

>actions

$15 honeywell v dyson v vornado 660

Attached: E8278A68-16FF-411D-8A36-8DB08DB65D8E.jpg (590x266, 16K)

noise

Attached: 8EFA6660-2E97-47DC-8BDE-75BADC90272A.png (590x302, 28K)

Yeah, I've had one that still works great for like 10 years.

Kill yourself.

Vornados are actually made well, chinkshit breaks.

You know there's a use for fans even if you have central air in your mom's house.

I have two Holmes "Blizzard" fans shaped like that, and they've gotten my through three summers now where the temperature was well over 105°F with 50-80% humidity, the weather channel often saying it would "feel like" 110-115°F.

Thankfully those fans made it possible for me to save up the $12,000USD it'll cost to fix my central air conditioning this year, since it's already 84°F at noon in the fucking spring.

What if I want a fan for my desk at work? We have central air, but I can't control my office's temperature.

>$12,000USD it'll cost to fix my central air conditioning
Does the entire system along with the ducting need replaced?

Attached: 1524784915630.png (406x438, 46K)

Basically everything *but* the ducting, plus HVAC labor costs are goddamn absurd around here. I miss renting. Sure, I had to ask permission for basically everything but they paid for this shit. Being a homeowner sucks.

Increases humidity. It's okay in an arid climate, but most areas are already too moist for it to work well, and it makes the room muggy.

Fans are 20-100 watts continuous per fan. My aircon is 1,600 watts for about 15 minutes every two hours if the doors stay closed. I could just run the 200 watt blower all day but the humidity remains high.
My house is extremely well insulated because winter temps get to -10 and summer temps get to 100. R40 in the roof and R24 in the walls with low E double pane windows. Still, eventually the humidity seeps in and makes things very uncomfortable even at only 80 degrees and in moving air.

Not everyone here is still in school. Some of us actually graduated and got a decent job.

Jesus absolutely fucking Christ what kind of unit are you getting?

That sucks. I just call out "hey anyone against me dropping the temp a couple degrees?", then I turn the thermostat dial a little. I know not everyone has this. A fan is a good option if you don't.

Why would anyone use a fan when aircons exists?

Neat. I've always hated the pitch of the Dyson fans though since they use smaller blades in the base.

>Not everyone here is still in school. Some of us actually graduated and got a decent job.
And some of larp being not a neet.

>Everyone here is as poor as I am.
Sick projection.

Attached: anime.png (777x656, 382K)

Do you people not have ceiling fans or something?

>he doesn't rig together a mist spraying hose fed by a basement tap to watercool his phase change AC hotside and exchanger

We both know evaps make your environment ridiculously humid. Enjoying the mold and bugs?

You do actually get more. O, and fyi, chicom or w/e pc fans work in concert as in push/pull to get anything done right.
Inna desertxsw swamp cooler ftw. Make envelope teeeeeyiiight first, along with 2x recommended insulation cause winter n shit, then just open enough windows. Baddabing.
>mfw solar array still cranking out net to me checks
Misters for outside patio. Better results/less maintenance putting a shade/cover to cancel the radiative heat on an evap or a/c. Mold and bugs are as common around these parts as standing water and lush vegetation. Swamp coolers don't work everywhere, but where they do, they reign supreme.
Vornados move air just like evap cooler. Turbulently