Redpill me on lineage os

redpill me on lineage os
> inb4 muh pol

Attached: Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png (1200x800, 14K)

poojeet rom

> helo my friend, here my lineages build for chinaphone 3400G
> not werks: camera, GPS, more than one CPU core, lower part of screen
> werks: you tell me ;))))
> heil india

It's good if you have an officially supported device. Otherwise it's hit or miss.

But yeah, it's basically stock android with some extra features. If you don't like the customizations and/or bloatware that the manufacturer put in place, LineageOS is the first stop.

no idea why Jow Forums hates this shit other than the fact that they buy shitty phones expecting a good deal and then the maintainers are shitty third-worlders. if you have a flagship device, especially one that isn't an "international device" or a Samsung, you most likely don't have to deal with Indians at all. The ROM is just an easy-access bloat-free option
>t. unofficial maintainer of an LG flagship

does it reduce android botnet?

thats the thing keeping me away from android

I hate apple but they seem to have a less potent botnet than google.

>apple (...) seem to have a less potent botnet than google
Oh you poor, sweet, naive child...

You could literally say this about any open source project. If it doesn't work well enough for you, why not contribute to it?

>Android botnet
Android on it's own doesn't have botnet, it's open source, hence AOSP, it's when you flash google apps that you add the botnet
If you can avoid using google play services then you'll have 0 botnet
Things to consider:
MicroG to replace the google framework and trick apps into thinking you have google apps, lookup lineage + microg to avoid the pain of setting it up
F-Droid an app store that only has FOSS stuff
Yalp a foss app that lets you download apps from googles store with no account and keeps track of updates

unless you fully use icloud anyway

how can you argue that googles botnet is weaker than apples? cmon now

like I said though I wanna switch, but botnet and imessage loss are an issue.

slowly switching ppl I know to signal so I wont miss imessage.

You want this one instead, friend

Attached: 1920px-Copperhead_logo.svg.png (1920x1920, 75K)

Name a current year flagship with Official, working builds of LineageOS.

There are none, as these kind of ROMs are aftermarket.
OnePlus 1 had it and cyanogen screwed them over.

if you're a brainlet, you'll be pissed when your device's only maintainer goes fishing for good. rip my 6 year old d2 galaxy s3

Botnet.

Basically any Treble-enabled device can do it.

Because it's a fucking operating system, not a 500-loc terminal utility. You probably need some knowledge of the subject before contributing to foss project, and I have zero of it.

>can build the whole thing from source
can you say "audit", user

OREO
>helo my friend, here i bring oreo to yur phone
>not werks: camera, GPS, more than one CPU core, lower part of screen
>werks: you tell me ;))))
NOUGAT
>helo my friends, all werks
>last update december 2017
>hello gud friend great rom when can we expect oreo build?
And it goes on and on...

Is it actually hard to maintain a ROM ?
Serious question, because if there are some good ROMs they never See any updates.

could you suggest any resources to learn about this? all I could find was compiling your own build for official devices.

Installed 15.1 on a Stylo a few days ago, been running great so far, everything works, not one complaint. It's just another coat of paint on Android, nothing seriously unique or special.

This is how. Despite Google being on the list, Android in itself is an open source project. Let's have a quick quiz - can you limit data mining on an open source ROM on an Android phone or on any Apple device which doesn't have an unlockable bootloader to begin with?

Attached: PRISM-dates-began.jpg (700x525, 214K)