Computer repairs in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

so i now live out in a little village with a few other villages in walking distance and 0 fucking computer shops, and i was wondering whether its worth maybe setting up an ad or two on normiebook and other sites offering cheap local PC repairs and shit. anyone had any experience doing the same? i was also thinking about maybe bulk ordering shit like USB and HDMI cables from china and selling them for £1 each.

Attached: slim shady.png (755x709, 346K)

Is that pinus tech tips? what a flaming faggot

Who knows.
If the area is wealthier, I don't think that will work overall, for the simple reason that people will generally prefer to toss and get a new device under warranty rather than pay $50+ for you to open up the computer and attempt a repair.

quite the reverse, my main concern is there being one dude everyone knows who will fix your shit for an eighth of weed or whatever.

PS: You are better off starting a service that supplies the local economy that is not so redundant with amazon. Or beer and/or hookers.

That could also happen. Or you simply not having enough customers but needing to watch that shop 12h+/day. Maybe if you can produce beer while you wait or something...

im not thinking of getting a physical store, just having a chat with my landlord and running something small out of my house. the USB cables thing i was thinking because if someone needs one and theyre out, they can get it the same day and not wait on delivery.

I know a dude who did this and had some decent success, even though there's a well established shop not even 5 minutes away. He just relied on word of mouth, he didn't advertise or anything, but he still managed to make decent shekels.

>Or you simply not having enough customers but needing to watch that shop 12h+/day

I assumed he would be running it from his house rather than a shop.

No chance at all rhen IMO. Too small scale, too limited for people to pay an overly expensive $3 (most will just buy one or two because it costs too much) rather than use amazon prime or drive to the mixed goods store that has/will have these too.

any advice you could offer based on that, user?
i dont know anyone here, so id need to advertise.

the local general shop sells HDMI cables for £10. if other places sell them for £1 on ebay including postage, im pretty sure i can figure out a way to sell them for that too.

Doesn't matter if the shop is at home, you won't be working / training anywhere else because of the rare $2 or whatever in profits. That does not pay enough at all. You should only accept customers locally if you got enough of them and they repeatedly want service and pay adequately for it.

Hey, the man makes a great kernel.

kind of liking his look here

Where do you live? does your typical “villager” even own a computer?

You need to be a people-person for your business to work. If you're a sperg you'll suffer.

Rossmann seems to be doing fine.

I have no idea who you're referring to, your answer is pretty spergy. Make sure you address that or your business will suffer.

Not really senpai, he started by selling his old hardware to people he fixed computers for. Then people would knock just looking for hardware and peripherals (that he didn't have), so he went to a few local(ish) computer shops that were going out of business (flooded market at the time) and bought most of their old stock. Eventually he started importing stuff himself, but stopped repairing the computers. I don't think what he was selling were AliBaba specials because nothing I got from him ever blew up or stopped working, it's a real shame he moved.
I think your best bet is just advertising services on Faceberg etc though, especially if you don't know anyone. I used to repair computers myself for people from time to time and the best place I went was the cornershop. They all have big families and they all stick with someone who's reliable. I won't include that properly though because with me it really was just pure coincidence how it got started, I didn't advertise or anything.

Nah you can, no one is expecting their computer repaired within 15 minutes.
If, for example, he advertised his hours as 9-2 then people could drop their shit off and collect it again the following day. He doesn't need to work 12 hour shifts and everything else, wires and things, work on a more "as and when" basis, it's as simple as

>Get inbox on Faceberg
>"Hi, do you have X many Y?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I call by at 5pm (outside of the 9-2 hours) and pick some up?"
>"Yes"
>Or "No, I won't be home, but you can call at [insert time he's at home] and get some"

That way he isn't memeing around, on the off chance that someone will call by, and he can be getting on with other shit. If need be, because there's so few customers that even 9-2 would be too many hours, he could easily have it "by appointment" in where people will simply inbox him and ask his availability before they take him their computer or come around looking for hardware. There's countless ways of working it out.

>the local general shop sells HDMI cables for £10
And they will lower it to around your price if you start selling them successfully since they use the exact same business model, but with more inventory and the easier option to get and move supplies in bulk.

I think you got no viable business with just that. Figures you need a lot they AND amazon and aliexpress and eBay and friends can't offer easily and it needs to move items, regularly, or it's not worth doing.

Better skillfully bake bread and pastries or something if you can't, at least that moves regularly and people aren't yet shopping at Amazon for that.

>Nah you can, no one is expecting their computer repaired within 15 minutes.
If that's not what he is doing, then Amazon prime beats him for the USB cables and so on.

Computer service is still in demand, sure, but people aren't willing to pay a decent hourly salary and will rather get a new machine if they can't have it repaired under warranty.
IMO the general idea is that you'll only make profits if you can charge a good bit for the computer sale at first, only then is offering any service worth it.

A good friend of mine is a freelance computer repair guy, he just operates on a appointment basis, people call him to set a time and they just drop the PC at his home and he calls them back to tell to pick it up or that there's something that need replacement.
You don't necessarily need to open up a shop, my friend ended up spending that money on a car and now he goes to the customer house to pick it up (for an extra), thanks to word of mouth this expanded his services to simple networking (setting up wi-fi in dumb people houses and configuring LAN on small companies), he tells me business better than ever now.

The chad linus

That can work in average wealth urban areas.

In "a little village" you could also do that, but you probably only got business once a month or so, right...?

>not available when customers want half the time
>get interrupted by customers the other half
unless you're a basement dwelling NEET this is a really fucking bad idea in a small rural village.
you need like a smaller town with at least 1k pop for this to be viable even

What you want to do is find a retirement community and specialize in iPads. I'm not joking.

its not like hundreds of miles out, theres a town 5-10 miles in either direction of the main road, and a large city is an hour away.

well im not a total auty, but i couldnt hack it in door to door sales in terms of performance if thats what youre asking.

m8 its some guy in his 50s who sells fucking everything and anything at a stupid markup, but those arent exactly ebay banger margins on those cables.

that last bit is fair though.

nice

im currently out of work, time is something i have in abundance.

so what youre saying is i should give rossman my shekels for tutoring and drop several hundred on a hakko station?

>im currently out of work, time is something i have in abundance.
yeah but when you got a job?

thats the thing, im having a bit of trouble actually landing one right now

>m8 its some guy in his 50s who sells fucking everything and anything at a stupid markup
I understand, but that's partly what it takes to make it worth the effort with low sales volumes and all the expenses you have. He'll [under-]bid you if required.

And even in rural places people are just increasingly ordering from China or Amazon, especially if they find out the first cable costs 3x as much [as you need to make it cost] they'll mostly catch on and just buy 3 on aliexpress and it's done - you'll probably never have business from most of them again.

Look, life is shit, but you're really probably better off selling alcohol or something that people DO consume in volumes. Or offer work / home clothes bulk repair. Or whatever else that has recurring customers that might justify getting more than $2 profits at a time.

Even if you combine USB cables, lithium batteries and lamps, knifes and half the /csg/ shared lineup and manage to peddle it sometimes at 100% profit margins you'll have a lot of worries.