/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions that aren't worth their own thread.
Previous:

Attached: dumb.jpg (645x968, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
whathifi.com/sony/ss-b1000/overview
github.com/aprilis/messenger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey Jow Forums, I'm not able to access internet through my all three of my routers but it works perfectly fine when it's plugged in to the computer? Any idea of what might be the issue?

Is there any cloud storage that offers
>android client
>windows client that can be run as portable application.
???
By "portable"I mean native portability, not some hackarounds from portableapps.com

How does fast charging work? Do I really have to use device that compatible with its feature? What if I just use an old android phone and plug it into a 5v, 2.1A charger (regular charger only has 1A, iirc), BUT I keep the phone cool enough by putting it in front of a fan? Would it damage my phone?

Im looking for a good wifi speaker
The bose soundtouch have all the things i whant like aux input and chromcast support
But its bose and all i ever hear about bose is how shit they are
Any good alternatives?

Attached: 408592bd6e465a8c7aa3509031214022.jpg (694x892, 85K)

yeah, a nas with vpn

How to relieve eye strain?

Attached: cupGG.jpg (661x960, 51K)

>2x 3.5" 160GB 7200RPM
>2x 2.5" 1000GB 5400RPM
>1x 2.5" 750GB 5400RPM
>1x 2.5" 250GB 5400RPM
What can I do with all these drives? They're just sitting around gathering dust.
Any fun shit I can do with a hard drive?
My dick is just barely too thick to stick through the hole in the platter.

Try some bluelight filters
Also try to have some other light than your screen on like a desklamp

the charger has a chip, your phone has a chip, they can talk each other based on spec (qcom qc / usb pd / ...) then they decide a voltage/current combination (a curve versus time / temperature / percentage) to charge your phone.
I believe quick charge will shorten battery health in the long run

Currently on a Ryzen 1400, can get a 1500X for ~$125 USD (converted), and a 2400G costs about ~$170.
Is there any point? I could sell my 1400 and buy the 1500X, but should I?
Is it more likely to hit muh 4 jigahertz?
Better memory controller?
Would it be worth the hassle to sell the 1400?
I've got a cooler, so that's not an issue at all.

>have redmeme 4x
>upgrade to lineage is 15.1 (android 8.1)
>alarm now has reminder notifications every 30 minutes for 2 hours before alarm goes off
I'm a very light sleeper so I usually get woken up by the reminder notifications, how can I disable this idiotic 'feature'? There doesn't seem to be any setting for it

Attached: 1512079117730.png (467x443, 34K)

I'm seeing artifacts while even moving windows around the screen. What the fuck? Why does my video card want to die? This is a shit time for it to die. Everything about it is stock, and I've never over/underclocked it, over/undervolted it, touched any fan speeds, I've done nothing to it.

For my university's PEAP, do they provide a CA for me or should I just use a VPN when I connect to the wifi?

Any Aussie fags up? You cunts think $240 AUD for an R9 290X is a good deal? Asked this dude down from $350, and can go check the card out on Sunday morning for verification purposes.
Am I overpaying? I've never bought used shit before. Currently on a GTX 660 Ti, so decent card, but I'd love something better without selling my kidney or something.
Or anyone else know shit about R9 290/290X? What's a good price?

so I'm using virtual box with a rather old version of linux.
Somehow the internet connection is lost and not making a connection through it. It also doesn't recognize any usb I plug in. Plus trying to enable cross clipboards through virtual box fails because this old version of linux doesn't support it. I need to get files to and from my host machine to it though.
any ideas?

That's weird. Doesn't happen on my crDroid (LOS based)
Try picrel.
Do you have clock on your home screen? It shows when alarm will go off. Maybe if there's no clock on home screen it pushes notifications...

Attached: Screenshot_20180504-184515.png (720x1280, 57K)

Friends! I am still seek answer!

Has anyone found a temporary fix for 4chanx breaking CSS when you scroll down the page?

What's the idea behind free software? Why shouldn't we pay for a licence to use a software that required hours of hardwork? What am I misunderstanding?

Can someone link me the ryzen 7 guide for win7?
i'm a modifying win7 ultimate iso.
There was something along with usb3, but i can't remember clearly.
It was a pastebin.

>blue light filter
I thought it only affected sleep
>other lights
Already doing it.
I'm using a laptop off it makes any difference with TN panel.

Attached: 1406416411832.png (585x585, 329K)

Why in the fuck do you have three routers?
You can access google drive from a web browser; Is that portable enough for ya?
If it's an old phone and it doesn't support 2.1 amps then it will use whatever it can. Shouldn't be a problem. Though if it's an old phone, you may wanna give it a trickle charge the first run.
WiFi or Bluetooth?
f.lux
Can put the 750GB and 1TB into a raid 0 and then connect them to a raspberry pi to function as a server. Media, cloud, whatever.
Does airplane mode woke? Or do-not-disturb mode.
If it's stock, then it's probably an APU, and if you haven't been keeping your computer dusted it could very well have overheated.
They may restrict your VPN, because their network is likey on a VPN itself.
Virtualbox doesn't detect USB at all. I'm not sure what's causing the networking error.
Software with open source code is easier to debug because more people can contribute to it's development. It's also more secure, because any back-doors or exploits could be spotted in the source code and reported back for a fix. It also allows people to modify the existing code so they can make a tool work the way they need it to for their specific job without having to waste hundreds of hours developing from scratch.

pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Is your network comprised of 3 routers running at the same time, or are you saying you've tried switching out your main router with 2 others and it made no difference? Do you use a separate modem? What kind of ISP do you have?

awesome, thank you

Are desktop notifications from websites a privacy hazard?

That worked thanks. It's a bit more difficult to shut off the alarm now since I have to go into the clock app to turn it off instead of doing it from the notification screen but it beats waking up for work two hours early

>It's a bit more difficult to shut off the alarm now since I have to go into the clock app
Maybe shutting notifications completely off was overkill. Slide one or two steps to the right and see what happens.

Do you have an example?

Can HDMI 1.4 support 4K down sampled to 1080p at 60hz without chroma subsampling?

are these speakers good? someone is offering them for $10.

whathifi.com/sony/ss-b1000/overview

>blue light filter
Enjoy your red tinted meme, and how does that work for anime?

YouTube.

By trickle charge does it mean I have to leave it plugged for a while even after 100%?

if those are 10 bucks i'd be more worried if they work or not, but if they do then why not unless you're super strapped for cash

>Enjoy your red tinted meme, and how does that work for anime?
I don't understand this response, blue light has been shown to cause eye strain and almost every device has a timed filter for night usage

How do I execute a haskell script on linux? I have .cabal, .hs and .yaml files, what the fuck do I do?

Like says, if they work just buy them. One thing I would check is if the dust cap has been pressed in, which is unbelievably common. If that's the case you'll get an annoying as fuck buzzy/vibration sound that gets worse the louder the speakers are.
Pic related in case you don't know which part is the dust cap.

Attached: dust cap pushed in.jpg (1200x803, 137K)

>You can access google drive from a web browser; Is that portable enough for ya?
That's not even syncing so absolutely not.

Must phones start trickle charging from 97% to 100%; If you watch the phone you'll notice those last few percent take just about as long as the first half of the charge. Let the battery die completely first, and then give it a full charge and you should see a noticeable difference
YouTube isn't a desktop application, it's a web-app. Google doesn't respect your privacy at all by the way.

Oh I meant web push notifications.

on notepad++, how do i automatically highlight the entire line when i click it?

Attached: 1516002924991.webm (932x122, 483K)

triple click?

????????

Attached: 1517750392713.webm (1108x118, 299K)

When I encrypted my harddrive (non-system), the driveletter changed.
Now all the paths for the program shortcuts on my HDD are wrong, plus all the programs that depend on a path to the harddrive with a changed driveletter. Is there a quick way to tell every program to change its driveletter to the correct one?

why not just change the drive letter back?

using windows 10

my start bar is essentially disabled
i hit windows key, it pops up, but everything is unclickable and i cant type in to search

I don't have notepad++, but usually in any text editor, if you want to highlight entire line you just have to double click a word, and add one more click onto that.
It even works on browser, or command line interface.

I dunno, veracrypt (encryption program) said not to do that, and literally the only reason I'm not changing it back is that I'm afraid it might break something.

veracrypt lets you freely choose the drive letter when mounting drives?
just pick the old one?

Waiting for some files to copy over then I'll try that.

I lost the piece that goes here, so now I can't connect the flex cable to the ps3.

Can I buy a replacement for this tiny piece in an electronics shop?

Attached: 20180504_123714.jpg (2576x1932, 2.28M)

Desktop running Win 10 receives an update that prevents my wireless network card from working. Has anyone experienced similar issue? Advice?

-It is physically detected
-Have updated drivers
-Physically reset the card

None of the above work...

Never heard of that before. Try a repair.
The only thing is, I don't know how you'd get to this without a start menu. You can use Win+R or use Task Manager --> File --> run new task to start something, but I don't know what the new control panel thing is called, and I'm not sure you can get to it from the old one.

Wait, maybe it's there.
Type "control panel", then security and maintenance and it's under Recovery.

Attached: Untitled.png (722x973, 42K)

I want that feature too.

Did a sfc scan, it was because i disabled cortana and it corrupted the files

>I removed (((Cortana))) and paid the price, but now I've welcomed back (((Cortana))) and everything is okay again

Pure coincidence.

I need a good android decompressor like winrar

Anyone know one?

Click faster? It works for me.

Attached: triple click.webm (650x170, 382K)

I'm adding a ssd to my laptop, should I replace the main hdd or put the ssd in the cd caddy ?

7zip
winrar
etc
some file explore may work too
try x-plore

Total commander for android handles archives very well

does anyone know any note taking software like wacom bamboo paper that isn't completely fucking broken and has actual features, preferably without charging me $10 to get 3 extra choices of FUCKING pen color

people seem to praise onenote since it's free.

Notepad++

but i don't want to triple click

i want to do it once

click on the line number

i dont want to click on some line number, i want to click on the row, line or whatever you call it to highlight everything in it

Which language is the easiest to get into programming?

Mega??

How to install linux in android?

Python

>have spectrum
>pay for second highest speed (100mb/s)
>internet drops out at least twice a day
>mfw my only other option in my area is fucking hughes net
I fucking hate this retard company so much, is there anything I can fucking do about this? Bitching at them does nothing since they know I have no other options.

Attached: 1520141983886.gif (205x234, 96K)

Videos or programming sites
Which is better?

just checked
>Doesn't even ask for installation directory (RED FLAG)
>not portable keeps all it's setings in registry
>great amount of trash left in registry after deinstallation
nopenopenopenope
Luckily I ran this shit on VM

Attached: Bez tytułu.png (763x695, 67K)

is there a way to make pidgin work like this?

source: github.com/aprilis/messenger

Attached: screenshot.png (1366x768, 827K)

What's the best custom ROM out there currently? I'm currently running LineageOS 15.1.

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

yeah cunt you really almost died back there
how dare an application keep settings in registry and not properly clean after itself, like every application ever made in the history of planet earth, you are literally neo and you literally just defeated agent smith let me tell you
whoever gave you autistic fuckers access to registry viewers needs to be shot in the head

Whats a good program for auto pressing keys? I would like to be able to press a key down, and have it act is if it is being pressed as fast as possible. I would also like to be able to bind a key to another set of keystrokes.

Attached: 1499202094734.png (500x700, 171K)

calm your tits down and upgrade to windows 10 S.
CommonSense™ FOR LYF

autohotkey

>trying to mod 3ds
>insert micro sd into pic related
>try to edit files
>write protected
>there's no lock switch on the sd card or adapter
>do attributes disk clear readonly in cmd
>still write protected
I could do whatever with the SD card's files like a year or two ago. Do I need to fucking buy another micro SD?

Attached: IMG_5470.jpg (355x355, 23K)

thanks, my dude

Attached: 1522119888077.jpg (1280x1280, 180K)

Yes.
I also modded my 3ds some time ago and my SD card was fucked afterwards. Luckily, you can get 128 GB SD cards rather cheap (20-30 bucks) nowadays.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT WHY DOES THIS SHIT ALWAYS FUCKING HAPPEN TO ME IT'S NOT FAIR I JUST WANT TO FUCKING PLAY SOME DS GAMES

Attached: IMG_5140.png (583x608, 53K)

So it's alright with you to click on the first character of a line, but not half a centimeter to the left on the line number?

did you try just formatting it?

Yeah, it won't let me because it's locked.

What does Software enabled HDR actually mean? My Acer XR341CK has it but can I use it with video games or what?

Looking to upgrade laptops and wondering which specs are going to be most important for me. Current machine is 16gb, 128gb SSD, i7-4710HQ, nVidia GTX 850M.

I need to be running about 4-5 browser windows on my own machine, and connecting to 4-5 machines via TeamViewer. Also running Excel, and a couple other programs like Skype or Spotify. Laptop screen + external 4k display.

I need things to be loading super fast because my job goes at very high speed. If there is a delay in anything of even 2-3 seconds, it kills me.

I get paid over $150k per year so cost isn't an issue, but I think that $1200 or so should be more than enough for my needs. That being said, if spending more would help, it would be very worth it.

Attached: helga.jpg (644x999, 78K)

cd caddy is useless tbqh go for it

Have you tried booting a linux distro and seeing if it is still locked?
If it is try to remount it rw

that seems fine? aside from the processor, why do you want to upgrade?

What is a good replace for Adobe PDF reader?

sumatra

foxit

sumatra is ok

xodo for android

Thanks
>foxit
Is Foxit botnet free?

You are saying my current machine should be fine?

Speed-wise it runs well, but I don't know what a faster machine would be like. Mine almost never hiccups speed-wise, but perhaps what I think of as a natural delay wouldn't be there with a faster machine. I don't know.

Reason for upgrading: my current machine is now 3 years old, and sometimes the screen shuts off randomly. I figure if I'm going to buy a new one, it may as well be very good. No reason to skimp on something that provides me my livelihood.

30hz 4k (non cinema) and 1080p 120hz max, so yeah. Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.4

How do I enable wireless hotspot on my phone without paying for it? I have a Moto Z2 Play and unlocked the bootloader and rooted it. I'm used to just installing a custom ROM that already has it available by default. I wanted to keep the stock ROM with root on this phone though. Is there a .zip or something I can flash to make this work? Stupid phone company isn't gonna make me pay to use my own fucking data...