MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1919x935, 270K)

enable javascript

It is enabled

4chanx is broken. disable it for now

Well fug, thanks.

>moot

t. hiro

Who?

WHOOOOOOOOO?

But I'm using it right now
>not OP

Attached: ss (2018-05-04 at 18.36.03).png (1919x1080, 119K)

I'm just some random shitposter

>not OP
nice try

apt-get install cowsay

Kys OP

This fixed it for me. Thanks user.

Use clover

HIROSHIGOOOOK

Enjoy your viruses.

Moot's dead, user.

Good. I hope he suffered.

;_;

F

I believe that He will rise again

Attached: secondMooting.jpg (700x363, 95K)

Hiro must have changed something about the ads again, this is what happened when the new cancer ones first showed up.

I'm glad you got it fixed, but as a web developer, I'm slightly annoyed at this trend. People happily install a dozen extensions- ad blockers, script blockers, site-specific "addons", you name it- then when things break, they blame the site developers instead of checking their own setup first. If you turn off or modify essential browser features, and/or start messing with the site's DOM on a crude ad-hoc basis, you can't possibly be surprised when things break.

If websdev learned how to code so their page doesn't take 30s to load on mobile, and just stopped serving malware, adblockers wouldn't have become popular.

Not having an adblocker in 2018 is like having an antivirus, you're just taking risks for no reason.

Who?

Clover doesn't have this problem

That's fine, I even run one myself on my personal machines. But please don't be one of those people who complain when your adblocker breaks my site. I seriously don't give a fuck. My company doesn't make any money from you and testing the site with dozens of different adblock extensions would literally be a waste of time.

Fix your browser so that it behaves as it's supposed to, and try again.

4chanx is definitely the cause but it's still working if you keep the developer console open
fucking weird

Yeah, except adblockers are a standard configuration nowadays, not tweaking.
Just like serious webshops make sure it runs in Chrome, Safari, FF and Edge, it has to run with Adblock and uBlock or your site's broken.

I don't give a fuck if it annoys you, if your site's broken I'm going to open an issue and you can deal with it publicly.

oh, I thought it was just my crappy internet speed. Eh, still gonna use it, it's not a deal breaker.

mot is ded

i assumed it was just me, cause i was using Jow Forums-x on falkon, which is always buggy whenever i try it.
it seems to happen when i reach the bottom of the page and try to scroll down, and also in the catalog after the first load.
what works for me is hiting the stop button after the page loads but before the css flashes and dissapears, no disabling necessary.

Works on my machine.

Attached: 2018-05-04-pale-meme.png (1920x1080, 627K)

Don't be ludicrous. Think about what an adblocker does.
>filters every request my page makes, decides it doesn't like some of them, and blocks them
>investigates every element on my page, decides it doesn't like some of them, and deletes them
>monitors the behaviour of my JS, decides it doesn't like some of my calls, and discards them
Obviously that is going to risk breaking things. Devs can't reasonably be expected to accommodate that kind of bullshit. If it works well for you on most of the sites you visit, that's great- but if something breaks, step one has to be to turn it off.
>if your site's broken I'm going to open an issue and you can deal with it publicly.
We don't have a public issue tracker (and judging by 99% of the "issues" on public github projects, I'd say that's a good thing). If we did, and you opened one, it wold be closed as NotOurBug.

So I disabled 4chanx but now I'm getting ads again. What gives

how is it not broken for me ?

Though perhaps because i'm using Jow Forums x beta ?

Ublock and 4chanx still works

Not for me

>Obviously that is going to risk breaking things
You should see adblockers as a tool that teaches you how to do things right: namely do not serve malware, do not make 200 requests to 50 third party servers, and do not load 8 MB of tracking javascript for a text article.

Your site might be starving for money, but that's not because people are refusing your tracking and malware, that's because the crap you publish has been done better by 15 other different sites and you can't differentiate yourself.

In other words, you are worth nothing to your users, if your site's broken, users will just go somewhere else.

Trying to load the megabytes of filth that my adblocker sanitizes is sure as fuck not going to help.
Remember your place.

it's not Jow Forums-x, it's hiroshima trying to inject anti-adblocker shit into the page. It only happens occasionally. Updated ublock origin should handle it, although if you have umatrix installed too you will see this sometimes, pic related

Attached: garbage.png (563x392, 30K)

That explains why it only happens when I scroll to the bottom of the page where the adds are. What a faggot.

Attached: 1319032010006.png (157x153, 8K)

Attached: My Disgust.jpg (453x439, 85K)

>it's hiroshima trying to inject anti-adblocker shit into the page
What a slimy gook

Not even mootykins was this shady

For some reason it happens when you scroll to the bottom of a thread

See

>ublock origin

Yea that fixed it

are either of you using Jow Forums-x?
i'm using ublock origin but that doesn't seem to be the problem for me. Jow Forums-x is.

Whatever hiro has done is the problem because 4chanx needs to update to compensate but hasn't yet.

It's some sort of ad thing which ublock is still blocking but adblock isnt

Not them, but ublock origin just fixed the problem for me.

if i disable Jow Forums-x but enable ublock origin i'm fine
if i enable Jow Forums-x but disable ublock origin it's broken
if i enable Jow Forums-x AND ublock origin AND open the developer console it's fine

fucking riddle me that

another user here had the exact same problem just installed ublock origin and it fixed it.
was running abp prior to to this is there any reason to run both or should i just delete it.

>if i enable Jow Forums-x AND ublock origin AND open the developer console it's fine
just tried this and it worked, what the fuck kind of spaghetti is mook cooking?

I miss moot.
He wouldn't have stuck us with shitty adware like this.

moot introduced captchas ,,temporarily'' to solve the spam problem, then started charging to get around them. moot was just more subtle about things than Hiro is.

FLLLOOOOEEEEEENNNNSSSS...??!

Attached: 1522995751922.jpg (645x968, 106K)

Were you here before the captcha? I was and Jow Forums was constantly flooded and spammed to death. If it wasn't for the captcha Jow Forums would be unusable.

If Moot offered people a free way to everyone to get around it we would be in the same situation. The only way around that would be user accounts which Moot refused to do because it was against what Jow Forums was all about.

Moot din do nuffins, he did the best he could.

seems mysteriously to be working again

>m**t

Attached: 1522629355306-g.jpg (610x660, 64K)

Moot played 4D chess, remember he reincarnated as Christopher Poole who now works at google.

Hirosan is just trying to make a profit from Jow Forums, I am a pass user, and I don't get ads or captchas, I have 2 layers of adblocking on, people just need to use their noggin.

Attached: 1510238602412.jpg (788x685, 41K)

Attached: 180px-Fucking_spam_on_B.jpg (600x727, 28K)

REEEEEEE

There's nothing wrong with captchas

Exactly, I remember when people used to post again and again and again the exact same thing, or posted CP, or were posting ads for malware and other shite.

although /b/ was better in those days, and not just facebook fap threads, and we had raids all the time. Man...keks were had in them days.

>as a web developer
Javascript? If so, go back to drinking your onions and fuck right off of Jow Forums.

They're ok. the just give you a direct line to fresh young CIA niggers to corrupt.

I have just installed Falkon and am currently using Jow Forums-x+Falkon. Should I shop and go back to Palemoon? I prefer Falkon because it's QT so it's better with KDE.

fucking jew gookmoot trying to squeeze every penny from us

I'm using Jow Forums-x AND ublock on chromium desktop. the page layout crashes once I get to the bottom of the thread.

Load the Ukrainian scripts in addition to the Google scripts.

He chose the most profitable way to handle the spam. No one would buy a pass if they only had to do a captcha every day or even every 10 posts. He said himself it was only going to be temporary precisely because so many people were opposed to the idea. Yet the captcha has only gotten worse. I'd almost think moot was the one spamming the site so that he'd have an excuse to add an annoyance people could pay him to get around.

moot never accomplished anything except for a clone of a dead nip site. Every single one of his other projects have crashed and burned. Google hired him so they could say they hired Jow Forums's creator. Google could afford to pay a thousand moots to sit around and do nothing and it wouldn't matter to them.

Attached: 4chan.js.gif (2365x2338, 9K)

Moot created a website, anonymous made it what it is.

One thing I love about having been here for so long, is how it's evolved, and the same users who were here when I started using it are still here now. I know that because the level of conversation, and the subjects have evolved and grown as we've all aged.

I find it fascinating that we who did habbo hotel raids, and ddos'd websites and sent pizzas to peoples houses, are now hellbent on web security and privacy and keeping us all safe from ebil gubment.

Thats ours AND Moot's legacy, so yeah google can pay him off and have him do some mediocre job serving big brother but what we all built here together still stands.

It's like that image that has that old guy and his grandkids ask him what a computer is and what we used to do and he sheds a tear for Jow Forums and the good old days.

I do miss Moot's posts.

>He chose the most profitable way to handle the spam
Tell us another way around it user... there isn't one. Why do you think almost every website uses captchas these days?

yeah but clover has the proble that it's clover

Just hard reload and clear your cache

Didn't work

nice reddit spacing nerd

You really think we're the same user? It wouldn't surprise me, users are and always were rabid at each other.
I still feel like stormfags have shat up the place just a little bit too much, and anonymous went from being called hackers on steroids to Nazi trolls
I kinda liked the sound of the first one better

Attached: 1525421079931-g.jpg (1501x813, 162K)

Lots of redditors have flooded in since 2014, but they *mostly* seem to stick to Jow Forums.
There still plenty of anons that have been here for a long time, but there's no reason to bring it up.
Pretty much only new people will lie to brag about how long they've been here.

brag for what lol
There are no upboats, you's ? They are anonymous and fade when the thread dies ... What is there to brag about, we're all dysfunctional mongols here

>redditors
is that the euphemism for stormfronters now?

ITT: Retarded Chrome users

bump

Restart your computer

It's 4chanX. For some reason it's only affecting blue boards and not NSFW boards. Just disable the extension until they decide to work on a fix

This is also probably it. I keep trying to block the elements on the bottom but when I refresh those ads come back. Hiroshima better fix this shit that newfag is literally ruining this site

Just block all js you fucking aspie, no one cares.

use a modern browser you fucking troglodyte

Oh look, it's the javascript cuck
enable javascript
solve twenty slow fading captchas
disable javascript
solve one, with checkboxes

Can anyone post the old man comic? Every time I think I saved it but can't find it

hey Luke smith this is just a shitpost to trigger your notification xd

fix le forum

are the gibbons in pic supposed to be black teens like the headline is saying?

nice try Nishimura

Attached: IMG_2404.jpg (1028x675, 194K)