Alternatives?

i looked at telegram and its shit it looks gay and there's no group call
>ts/mumble
trash but if theres nothing else i guess ill have to
>skype
gas yourself

Attached: IMG_20180504_185327_799.jpg (480x360, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

totallysafe.website/#/room/#general:banter.city
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page
appear.in
miki.ai/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use IRC.
>no voice chat
Nobody wants to hear your voice anyway.

im looking specifically for a voice chat replacement w group voice shit, my bf has programming socks so no voice isnt an option

Zello?

Attached: zello-app-300x144.png (300x144, 22K)

riot

Teamspeak just werks

no video chat. youll have to find an alternative for that my dude

Attached: steam-game-image-collage.png (1000x563, 687K)

looks good ill look into it ty

i didn't even think of it its that bad

SSCALL FROM SUCCLESS

Attached: .png (469x128, 53K)

Wire

This.

Attached: riotimlogo1.png (480x480, 13K)

Can you guys get the new conference calling in Riot to work? Ever since they switched to that Jitsi thing instead of the old internal conferencing system I haven't been able to get anything to work.

>my bf has programming socks so no voice isnt an option

What the hell does programming socks have to do with voice chat? I have a rather large collection of socks & gloves and I can't fucking stand voice chat.

Suckless has a voip solution? Shit, I wonder if I can get my normie friends to use it

curse

German here. Teamspeak is the only choice

seconding this
trying to get my friends off of discord and back to mumble or ts but I wish riot would work oob so I could just get them on that

>cli
unless you make an executable script and pack it nicely they won't

mumble desu

my best friend and i talk about programming things a lot and its gay to have to alt tab every 5 sec

>I'M A PROGRAMMER I'M A PROGRAMMER I'M A PROGRAMMER
then make one??

what are you here for

lazy

u fucked yurop 3 times im not trusting u

ner

>alt-tab

You haven't filled your peripheral vision with extra monitors?

why is mumble trash?

I wish there was a program as good as discord without all the horrible spying. I will never be able to get my group to leave discord because of all the great features it has and the fact that no one but me cares about their privacy.

Why not tox ?

Its litterally a walkie talkie app, stupid. it turns your phone into a walkie talkie. including the beeping etc. why would you use that to talk to your friends while playing games?

outdated 90s garbage. has no features other than very low quality voice chat.

>outdated
it's had recent updates
>90s garbage
made in 2005
>has no features other than very low quality voice chat.
get a better server and configure it properly, also
>no features
>themes
>encryption
>text only channels
>image sharing
>allows you to monitor packet loss etc of clients
>temp bans
>perma bans
>certificates for user verification
>registering certificates with servers
stop being a brainlet, wish it had file sharing though desu

ts is defo the only alternative soz

>mumble
>trash
You unironically call mumble trash but used Discord? I think you should fucking kill yourself you goddamn retard.

What are you using? Webclient, Android/iOS app, Desktop? Also, you should try it in another Home Server besides matrix.org. By being the default, it has been slightly overloaded by the sheer quantity of new users these days and that might be giving you some issues.

Try to make a new account under banter.city the server is owned by one of us.
Or just totallysafe.website/#/room/#general:banter.city

Riot.im should be getting threaded replies out of beta in a few days, which besides custom emote memes, was the main feature that it was missing from Discord.

riot/matrix sucks dick
steam sucks dick
skype sucks dick

it's all a lot of hassle. just get your buddies onto an XMPP server (you can use talk.google.com as well) and clients like Gajim (or Pidgin on Linux) come with support for a thing called Jingle. Jingle handles voice and video transfer via P2P to your buddies.

Play around with it first, as a Linux user it works out of the box but on Windows it might not. Pidgin at least does not support voice/video via Jingle on Windows. Gajim does as far as I know and I am sure other XMPP/Jabber clients out there do the same.

poor :( still using 21" 60hz since i got pc like 4yr ago but i can run tf2 so watever

nu

Who the fuck thought this design was a good idea? I'm having 2010 flashbacks.

Attached: dae hate flat design?.png (990x647, 376K)

the website doesn't matter since you only use it once to download the software, and if you care you can easily use custom css

Because you're visiting some trash page peddling payware servers on you. wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page is the actual home page.

>mumble
>trash
Well obviously you haven't experienced a superior low latency voip program that has minimal resource usage
>teamspeak
>skype
leave Jow Forums immediately

Mumble is my pepper.

Attached: 1525033365114.jpg (750x736, 57K)

>cia niggers that hate riot/matrix

To feel /v/ and tacticool.

>overlooking Skype
its the only viable free p2p option. Face it, Discord is leading the industry and the only direct competitor is Riot and its userbase is nonexistent when compared to Discord.

Discord has marketing though
The best riot can really get at this point is powerful word of mouth.

No normal will understand the benefits that Matrix+Riot provide

appear.in

Discord is super trash tier. It's mostly perverts and shit.

Riot or other Matrix chat
Tox
Ring

Use discord. Don't give out personal information.

who care about anonymized data? discord has the best communities.

Just use the web app.

You know that you're on Jow Forums here?
>web design 2003

>fuck discord, they collect my data!
>post on Jow Forums

hiro is probably selling your data without any control contrary to discord which is tied by the US law and has to anonamyze the data.

Attached: wow anon.jpg (884x574, 78K)

its nice for voice but cringy for anything else

>how does discord make money
They charge a fee to use the service?

Teamspeak is not as community oriented as discord. Where are the roleplay lewd teamspeak servers with bots for doing marriage, relationship, leveling, ...?

does something like this exist for teamspeak?

miki.ai/

There are plenty of apps with free group call. What's the problem exactly?

yes I love using a VOIP and messaging service I can never talk about personal things on since all data is collected

I like discord because is the most similar xperience I can get from the IRC gold era.

Cuz faggots are annoying and like to be heard. Why do you think so many people on this site like to think there shit is better than everyones else's.

Attached: 1497931092760.gif (423x278, 1.98M)

Discord team has delivered on search feature. I say hammer them request that on their website.