Discord starts shill squad

Prepare for the discord shills.
discordapp.com/hypesquad

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-05-07-02-28.png (675x566, 39K)

This has been a thing for years

I always make fun of the members for just being walking billboards

these are the people you should be making fun of

Attached: file.png (631x200, 15K)

>paying for benefits is worse than being an unpaid shill just so you can feel like you're special

Poorfag

Attached: file.png (748x301, 23K)

top kek

>what will i ever do without that 1/1000 of my salary

>this is how americans justify wasting money

Attached: 1510507075962.gif (161x190, 1.37M)

Attached: Aahaha Faggot.png (570x668, 247K)

WTF

JUST

This shit is old, just look at all the Discord shilling on this board, it's fucking ridiculous.

Hey there Jow Forums

How are you enjoying your privacy?

Attached: 2018-05-05_11-37-59.png (1361x768, 258K)

worth it just to shitpost with more emojis
I don't give a fuck weather you think it was worth it or not

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Hej Swede, want me to revoke your hype status?

Interesting. I spent about a month trying out various discord servers and I got the feeling just about everyone on the platform was 12-16 years old. Or at least they just acted like it

Also know you are partnered as well

you're not wrong
most people on my servers are pretty young, younger than 30

how does discord make money
I'll never believe their subscription service represents and kind of serious revenue

They're probably burning through VC money, they'll have to monetize harder sooner or later

Why? The benefits are inconsequential but it's main purpose is to support software and service that is otherwise free and let's remember discord doesn't sell user data. Or so they claim. Or did they change their policy recently?

I uninstalled discord from my computer roughly a month ago. I had a couple of nice servers with people that I miss, but otherwise it hasn't bothered me that much. IRC channels seem to be either totally dead or populated by some esoteric decades-old community of highly experienced professionals

Soon they are adding payed themes and emotes etc.

$50/year for animated emotes and getting your info sold

IRC is full of people idling endlessly for eons.

Attached: 1521304922882.jpg (220x274, 21K)

Can't see IRC surviving as a platform considering all the weebs that were a major pillar propping up a lot of the servers are now all ERPing with eachother on Discord

$50 a year for them to sell your data and have antifa upload all your logs. The state of this company.

That's just sad dude
Even if they have a policy not to sell data, which I believe they don't. Why would you trust them about that anyway?

ERPing weebs need to just kill themselves already. They are merely delaying the inevitable.

Fucking this, FreeNode is a wasteland of irsii+screen sessions from people that haven't used them in years and will remain logged in until their VPS are shut down, FreeNode is shut down, or the heat death of the universe arrives, whichever comes first.

>literally paying to be datamined

Attached: wahahahaha.gif (250x255, 2.84M)

>pls steal my private data
>pls, ill pay you
lmao

>sharing private data with anyone on discord
your own fault

Does anyone use matrix/riot? Have you set up your own servers? Will it work on a raspberry pi?

Why do you guys constantly talk about things you strongly dislike?

Why are you complaining about an advertising campaign in the first place? Isn't that exactly what they want?

Yeah, why would you share your private data when the Discord app does it for you? :^)

here I am, idling on 9 different irc networks
pop in every so often to make fun of noobs having "problems"
shitpost with strangers
banter with friends
share a channel with people who are literally dead (fucking matt)
every so often get a nice 300+ line "movie" when a network moderator turns off flood protection for themselves

you will never get me to leave that behind

use the pidgin plugin then faggot

Attached: ntr.png (631x200, 13K)

>damage control

kys please

Donate to the FSF next time.

cringe

>discord shills are literally 13 years old

Why does something so convenient has to be so terrible?

Attached: fucking why.jpg (1095x1195, 269K)

>anti-discord hipsters are literally 12 years old

cringe

>using a program literally made for gaymer teens, filled with shitty memes to appear young and cool
>not underage
Pick one.

That policy change was a very long time ago. They haven't promised that for months if not years

Why does everyone seem to use this same soulless artstyle nowadays?

Attached: image.png (798x732, 70K)

Because its also easy to create.

Simplistic artstyles offer a sense of clarity. It makes the user feel good about not reading the privacy policy

There's always a catch

It has the opposite effect for me, like they're trying way too hard to not seem evil.

Attached: literally.jpg (564x808, 14K)

I hate this shit so much

Attached: fuck off.png (452x108, 7K)

Attached: leepicdoggo.png (698x398, 31K)

>good boy
is discord a dog? holy shit

bunp

Attached: 1508519231901.jpg (960x1280, 139K)