Starting next month...

>starting next month, any EU citizen can have any company in the entire world sued if they won't remove any traces of his/her personalized information

Is Jow Forums safe?

Attached: eu.jpg (1458x1500, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=b33ef84f-7102-4514-8ef9-50668601a906
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Starting next month EU citizens will loose access to most of the internet

Ftfy

This, I'm rangebanning the fucks from mine.

(like)

Can I ask hiroshima to remove my IP address from their logs?

Thing is that most traces you leave on the internet aren't personalized. In the huge web of your cookies you're not necessarily user Ymous, you're "the guy who visits Jow Forums all day and bought dragon dildos a while ago". Your name isn't important, only your behavior is.

B-but the EU has net neutrality! Blocking isn't allowed!

You're an idiot and you should feel bad for being dumb.

Databases are massive these days with people wanting all sorts of data just for their recommendation systems. They know a lot about their users and they keep the data for as long as possible for any hope of converting it into revenue.

This + NN, my ISP already changed their contracts, made them optional to accept, they can't do any dataminging anymore if you decline.

Feels nice. The dream of a open and free internet is really gaining momentum like we hoped decades ago.

Attached: 1457868174796.gif (275x200, 116K)

this interpretation being semi-correct doesn't mean companies will be expected to comply with it

Internet freedom = more laws

>can't do any dataminging anymore if you decline
Calling you naive is an understatement

Lets start asking Google and do a classaction

Yeah, capitalism needs laws to not destroy everything in its path. Unfettered capitalism would turn the world into a Mad Max Hellscape.

What does this have to do with capitalism?

If I don't have google or facebook accounts, can I still get them to delete the information they may have gathered about me through the tracking and analytics scripts they have almost everywhere?

what about the shadow faceberg profiles?

If you're a citizen of the EU, yes.

>your cookies
cookies are obsolete user
plus, you're supposed to have a separate browser profile for Jow Forums

>ask FB to remove me
>they ""remove"" me
>FB now has my real ID (name, address, etc) confirmed
nice law EU, nice law

>>>plebbit.r/latestagecapitalism

all it takes is one person proving that company is keeping data and it's 4% revenue or 20m EUR, whichever is higher.

based EU

That would be really nice

Jow Forums should not be collecting userdata. (What they actually do I dont know.)

An updated consentform about cookies/privacy is about all that will happen I assume. Most people will click it and be on their way.

If Jow Forums keeps IPs it should be a simple matter to delete one if someone decides to go bonkers and sue. That would be expensive though and most people simply dont care.

good luck arguing with amerilards, they've been brainwashed for decades now

Are IP Addresses personal information?

>I can easily provide advertisers with any info they want but I can't keep track of user info for regulation purposes!!!

>a company not operating the EU can be sued and held accountable

No.

it's for EU operating countries. FB is only doing some of it's users to the new EU policy

most are splitting it. I got emails from ebay, paypal all that bs recently.

>Says the faggot that unironically think that overreaching laws will actually work when in reality they have loopholes so blatant, you would be an idiot not to take advantage of it.

I can't believe I fell for the "Europeans are smart meme". They seem just as uncultured and idiotic as most people in America when it comes to economics, politics and history.

If that happens then so be it. We'll create our own better communities that won't data mine us.

test

>He unironically thinks EU laws are anywhere near as lose as in burgerland
I'm looking forward to you finding the "loopholes" when telcoms with their army of top-tier lawyers couldn't find one and are changing their contracts.

This

Also, remember how hard "conservatives" shilled for the Data Retention Directive which literally forced telecom and communications companies to store metadata about their users for at least two years in a structured manner so that law enforcement could easily retrieve it, and now suddenly it's suddenly difficult to store it... The hypocrisy is so obvious.

Uhh no. Any company that does this would lose money. Even the big american ones that could wont risk losing 30-40% of their users....

Are americans really this jealous?

See Also, it's kinda hard to sue somebody if they don't have a physical presence in your legal jurisdiction and the laws in their land aren't as strict as your laws, like if this law was applied to a mom and pop store in Nebraska, how could you sue them?

>but I can't keep track of user info for regulation purposes!!!
We're implementing this at work and you can still keep any and all personal info users decide to provide, you just can't keep it if they stop using your service, you have 6 months to remove info from what I gathered. And you have to get rid of information you have on them if they request so.

I'm going to send so many banal e-mails requesting shit to be removed, this is great. I'm going to enjoy this.

>starting next month, any EU citizen can have any company in the entire world
>EU
>entire world
Do you see the problem here?

>See
You can demand any company that does bussiness in EU to delete info on you. That includes everything. Like Google and the advertisment companies.
>physical presence in your legal jurisdiction
Hello mom and pop store in Nebraska, you can't do bussiness with EU citizens if you don't obey EU laws, have a nice day. *EU aparatchik bans your mom and pop store*

Not a single source in this entire thread, but here we are with:

>americucks actually believe this

I really hope we do so normies stop using american sites

I'm happy for you Europeans. Feels good seen things starting to go right somewhere.

Attached: 1512238195359.jpg (198x225, 14K)

Oh non i need mon Facebook !

ISPs can't block. A website certainly can.

Data-mining websites are not worth visiting anyway.

>I'd be finally free from this shithole

Attached: 1470240084535.jpg (320x320, 12K)

Good.

Twitter and Facebook refuse to delete my accounts, because I don't remember the password. Even though nobody has been using those accounts for a decade, they still refuse to delete it. Fucking kike companies.

lmao do you believe this
Where is that quote from? Because it doesn't seem accurate

We don't really have strong net neutrality since zero rating is allowed. And a site blocking you has nothing to do with net neutrality.

true and true

Honestly, I'm more worried about 8. I've often been told that it's got worse data collection than 4 but I've never seen anyone go in to detail. I've somehow ended up with as much irrational fear of 8 as normies have of 4.

This isn't just about internet companies.
For example: amateur soccer clubs aren't allowed to keep lists of their members with their telephone numbers or even on which teams they play.

It's a completely unusable law created bu eurocrats who have apparently never been in the real world.

>For example: amateur soccer clubs aren't allowed to keep lists of their members with their telephone numbers or even on which teams they play.
Why would you come here and post blatant lies? Fucking jew, get the fuck out. How massively kike do you have to be to side with SV companies?

I'm not defending anyone.
Why are you defending the EU?

And just look it up you retard.

>amateur soccer clubs aren't allowed to keep lists of their members
Liar liar pants on fire.

You can keep the info if the user complies. If they request the info to be removed, you have to remove it.

>Why are you defending the EU?
Because contrary to what Jow Forums says, EU isn't some totalitarian police state run by satanist beurocrats and globalist jews.

>And just look it up you retard.
I have. First of all, GDPR doesn't affect anything that isn't stored digitally, which means nobody gives a fuck about your list of phone numbers.

Secondly, GDPR doesn't prevent anyone from keeping list over phone numbers or any other form of personal data. It just requires it to be deleted six months after a person leaves the fucking football club.

Imagine being so jewish you shill on behalf of facbook and google on a mongolian cavepainting forum.

>A bunch of (((Bureaucrats))) trying to tell me how to run my business
Lol EU rangebanned

>You can keep the info if the user complies. If they request the info to be removed, you have to remove it.

Yes, that is what the law says.........your....point?????

>being this jealous of privacy rights
Your tears are delicious.

My point is that what you said isn't true.

>"Hi, can I get your phone number and address for this list so we can call you for info about our next match?"
>"Yes, ok, that sounds fair"

OH WOW, SUCH A HUGE PROBLEM FOR AMATEUR FOOTBALL CLUBS!

>implying
This would be absolutely god-tier but it's not going to happen.

But it's true. Even a self employed plumber writing the address of his customer on a piece of paper is violating the law if he hasn't got written permission from the customer.
It's insane and shady lawyers are going to have a field day suing all kinds of small business.

Honestly, the best thing that happens for user privacy in a long time, and Americlaps are convincing themselves that it's a bad thing. Sad.

>bawww smelly EU bureaucrats inconvenience divine corporate bureaucrats

>Is Jow Forums safe?
no, the FBI, NSA, and GCHQ, own Jow Forums so no it isnt safe

>implying this won't just kill startups and entrench incumbents like all other regulations
Yuros gonna Yuro

Attached: 1523984225148.jpg (960x960, 121K)

>Even a self employed plumber writing the address of his customer on a piece of paper
Except that's a fucking lie.

GDPR doesn't affect physical records, only digital ones.

Stop lying and spreading FUD you fucking kike.

Now do that for hundreds of members and with only a handful of unpaid volunteers.

Fact is many amateur clubs are panicking over this law.
While big corporations with their armies of lawyers are OK with it.

>>implying this won't just kill startups and entrench incumbents like all other regulations
No, it wont.

>hurr durr I can easily retrieve records when advertisers request it, but when my users request it, it is super difficult and is going to kill my business REEEE

Also, you faggots praised the Data Retention Directive as if it was the second coming. Fuck off.

Good, nuke all corporate cocksucking kike shills.

>EU is perfect! it's all a lie! stop questioning the glory that is the EU! RRREEEE!

>amateur football
>hundreds of members
You're just being ridiculous now. Stop.

>Fact is many amateur clubs are panicking over this law.
Because fuckers like you are screaming FUD at them and even outright lying.

>Question: Does the GDPR apply to paper records?
>Answer: Yes
lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=b33ef84f-7102-4514-8ef9-50668601a906

>Data may not be processed unless there is at least one lawful basis to do so:
>Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
So the plumber is clearly allowed to write down a customer's address

Nice strawman. You are lying though, GDPR doesn't say anything about records on paper at all.

I don't know what that is, I'm not a fan of businesses retaining data but it's not the government's place to get involved.

>Answer: Yes
It literally says when the processing is automated, a plumber writing down a phone number is not that.

Stop.
Fucking.
Lying.
Asshole.

>Amateur clubs have less than 20 teams.

OK, I'm off you are just so retarded it might be contagious.

800 mill people

Attached: 1490224615968.png (366x378, 116K)

>satanist beurocrats and globalist jews
Basically America right now.

No

What the fuck do you know, you're clearly an american anyway.

>unironically calling football "soccer"

Solution - don't store the fucking data. Only an issue for those who glow in the dark.

No it doesn't. Read the link.
Any structured paper record (i.e. an address book of customers) is covered by the GDPR

Who will stop the trend of selling user data then? Things are getting slightly amoral.

Oh shit, EU shills just got told lol.

I read the link. You are lying.

>Any structured paper record (i.e. an address book of customers)
That's wrong.

>literary against the law
>but but I'm a butthurt murifat
Retard.

Don't give your info to services if you don't want it to be stored, the internet is a public place.

I believe people can take responsibility for their own actions, a foreign concept to the many nu-men of the world I know.

Attached: 1523364651637.jpg (324x240, 13K)

until the contract ends. Then he would have to wipe the customer's data from his records.

Based EU triggering buttmad mutts who sold their souls to corporations and kikes.

>Don't give your info to services if you don't want it to be stored, the internet is a public place.
I never gave my information to Facebook (I never created an account), but they still knew my address, phone number, date of birth and even had metadata about my SMS conversations because other people have my phone number and use facebook and allowed the app access to messages and address book.

Please explain to me how that is somehow my fault, without using jewish tactics?

To recap, your original claim:
>GDPR doesn't affect physical records, only digital ones.

This is clearly NOT true you filthy lying EU Kike.

I'm not, but if I want to carry a phone around with me, then I automatically agree to Google taking keywords out of everything I say. And this info is stored forever. Now I think it's got a bit out of hand.

What about things like Facebook's shadow profiles?

>must be digitally processed in order to be affected by GDPR
Stop spreading FUD, you filthy google kike.

Obviously you entered those things in other areas online while accepting facebook trackers on your private device.

And clearly your friends are not taking proper measures to enforce their privacy, you should take it up with them.

Attached: 1515449777133.png (2224x2744, 2.68M)