Give me one good reason I should learn how to code

Give me one good reason I should learn how to code.

Attached: 16FF57CD-A471-459F-8C02-AC2648076B1B.jpg (1018x716, 113K)

you shouldnt
save yourself while you still can

Prospects of high salary

Do whatever makes you genuinely happiest in life & pursue it till the end of time

>salary
stop thinking like a goddamn useless drone

please fucking dont.

If you need other people to give you the reason, then you shouldn't. Please leave.

unless you were born a Jew like Jonah
if you want to eat
you have to work (for a Jew like Jonah)

Stupid argument. Heroin will make you genuinely happiest in life till the end of time (overdose).
Do what makes you productive and keeps you sane.

Oh go hug a tree you useless shit.

it's fun and a good way for lonely losers to pass the time

Kill yourself and you might just find the answer.

You can ruin the FOS software you're using and learn something in the end

You can make $10k/month and end up a millionaire if you save and invest wisely

Give proof

This

So you can tell people that you are a hacker so they will finally think you are smart

You can wear comfy knee high socks and LARP as a NEET.

What am I a 1700s nobleman?

Some people choose that life. How is it any less valid? It's the same chemical reaction in the brain.

kek kek

automation

I went to Arizona State University for 4 years and graduated with a job offer for $100,000k starting in Phoenix. It cost me $24,000 for 4 years in tuition to go (I had a highschool scholarship for 50% off). Now I'm debt free and can buy as many overpriced gpus and dragon dildos as I want and live by myself.

Go to University.

a.i. gf

yes but better

You can make your own personal software that will make your virtual life so much better.

Good on you user

Attached: 1512221135520.gif (123x116, 286K)

>code
Yeah, don't.

You can code an ai waifu

>first job out of college pays $100,000
To OP and anyone else reading -- this isn't the norm. Do not expect this.

You can contribute to FOSS

>first job offer
>$100,000

Good one

henlo sir i work for cheap dolar

Need someone to replace this guy.

Attached: systemd-pleb-tier-coding.jpg (2304x2304, 2.88M)

I wouldn't bother unless you want a job out of it or to make mods for a game

This. Depending on area expect 55k to 65k for a first job. Only places that are the exception are like LA and NYC but you'll actually come out with less money thanks to the ridiculous cost of everything there

You guys know even 60k is a shitload of money for one person in most places in the us right?

Yes, I'm just saying don't expect 100k starting. That's salary for someone working 10+ years in most areas of the country.

don't be a code monkey, they are stupid

I'm still trying to think of a comeback after all these years
I FUCKING SWEAR I'LL GET THAT BITCH BACK

Here are 222040 reasons.
>t. ReactJS Software Engineer with 1 year of experience.

Attached: 1525228669.png (1704x583, 78K)

I just don't believe this. Where could you possible make this much with 1 year of experience for fucking front end work? Not even Google employees make this with 5 years experience

100k starting is not that abnormal. 60-80k starting is a bit more on the normal side. If you are good you can get 100k+ in a year or two.

yes asu slut here, let me clarify: I got this offer after I applied to literally 500+ places over the span of the school year and I already had major internships under my belt + a ton of personal projects. It's not like I had nothing to show for myself when I applied.

Serious question how? I'm in upstate NY right now making 70k at my first job, I want to move to somewhere like NC in a couple of years though and I do front end and backend work. How do I make this mad money?

Attached: fun-things-are-fun.jpg (550x400, 25K)

That's not even true. Google will start new grads at around 180k per year in total compensation, and they'll get an additional stock refresher worth around 80k over 4 years every year.
Even with no raises, promotions, or stock growth you'll reach that after 2 years as long as you don't get fired.

It's a fascinating way to see with your own eyes how human reasoning can be automated.
If this sounds compelling, give it a shot.

You're not fooling anyone, stop.

it's fun to see levels of abstraction build on top of each other just to deliver high resolution video streams of nakes japanese chicks farting while getting railed.

These anons are my knee grows. Some people do crosswords or sudoku for fun, I write programs.

>knee grows
Very nice, user, very nice.

Attached: 1499565894040.jpg (691x1223, 81K)

If u have reason to do it, then dont do it nigger

If u need*

It's fun.
Kinda like those autist building games, but with a much better payoff and a VERY variable level of difficulty.
Now if you want to work with programming, then maybe you should just whore yourself instead. More money and considerably less awful job.

hf being poor non believer

I only know HTML/CSS. I know these are markup languages. I'd like to learn a programming language. Should I start with JavaScript? Python? PHP?

I was considering doing an ASU software engineering degree online.

What'd you major in?

Don't.

python

dont
devs are already saturated with shitty programmers after the 'diversity' push, we dont need any more of you fuckers

>code
you shouldn't

It's fun.

You don't even have to be good at it to get paid.
The quality of code I've seen from some people is simply appalling

If you need to ask on a korean cave painting board then there's no reason to learn in the first place.