Let's settle this

Out of these 3 relevant browsers which one is the best?

Attached: rlvntbrwsrs.jpg (317x106, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>edge
>relevant
Wtf am I reading?

brave

What this user said, you're a fucking retard OP But serious answer, Chrome. Their JS engine (Blink) is objectively superior in every way. Too bad, out of the three, it's the most botnet.

Vivaldi

Firefox. Chrome is spyware and the download bar is retarded, Edge is totally un-customizable and wastes about a third of your screeen in its massive top bar.

edge

>winshit 10
irrelevant

Chrome has the best extensions and best text to speech APIs.

Chrome is fast but botnet
Firefox is slow (yes, still slow aftet Quantum) but free of botnet
Edgeis BOTH slow and botnet and bug infested pile of steaming crap

GNU IceCat is the only acceptable browser these days.

Just use Waterfox you faggot.

Waterfox, Brave, or Ungoogled Chromium.

Yandex...brave...some Firefox fork. Microsoft can't make a non shit browser.
Fuck goolag and the thought police.
And SJWfox...aka we heart antifa PS 'liberals get the bullet too!'

That's a literal list of dogshit you posted there OP...two oligarchs and one who literally supports fucking terrorism. Kill yourself.

I've used Firefox all my life, but am migrating to Chromium. Not because FF is "slow" or "eats RAM", never had these issues.

Chromium has the best PWA support. it's nice having Wire and WhatsApp icons on desktop, have them open in their own window and have notifications for them. only problem is, the notifications don't appear if Chromium isn't open (they should). so since I always have at least one browser window open anyway, it makes sense for it to be Chromium.

If edge got cookie autodelete and umatrix, I would switch over.

Vivaldi

>cookie autodelete and umatrix
what's wrong with the way umatix handles cookies?

They are all absolute bottom garbage, but Firefox seems to be the least awful. I suggest a Firefox for like Waterfox.
>firefox
>slow
>free of botnet
It's that slow, but it does have a bit of botnet unfortunately.

Why does Jow Forums exclusively shill slow browsers? Chrome/chromium/iridium are the only decently fast browsers.

firefox and it's forks/derivates are only slow on windows - and if you're running that, you should be on

usability: chrome
privacy: firefox
nothing: edge

Chromium and it's forks are faster than Firefox and it's forks on both Linux and Windows.

Your question is wrong. While normies are probably best off with Chrome, anyone on Jow Forums will ignore all 3 of those browsers.

>Edge is Microsoft's attempt at making Chrome and therefore, until it gets some more updates, will remain inferior to Chrome.
>Chrome is Google botnet.
>Firefox Quantum is still in its early days, so it's hard to comment on, but IIRC they've killed off all of the good extensions and it's now just another shitty version of Chrome.

>Opinions

FTFY

Firefox ez

what's the difference between icecat and waterfox?

most people don't care for a few % of performance. like i said, ff is only slow on windows (and maybe mac? haven't used OSX in over a decade). slightly slower (like on linux) is fine, but ff@windows is more like half the performance.

All of them are shit, except for maybe Firefox ESR which I believe will expire soon.

>Firefox forks and Chromium based shit
Prove to me that the Firefox forks are as secure as Firefox ESR or Firefox Quantum and then I'll listen. As for the Chromium stuff, them won't take you seriously until they can prove that they actually are ungoogled.

Hu, I actually don't know enough about any of these to comment on them. What am I missing out on?

>Firefox Quantum
Are all of the good add-ons still dead? Pic related is my current list for ESR, how fucked will I be when I finally have to make the switch?

IIRC, it's which version of Firefox that they're based off of.

Attached: Shot_001.png (1064x505, 80K)

Firefox, since its the only free one

I love how Chrome and Firefox edit their tiles to be non-standard so they just look like shit in the start menu.

Chrome by far.

I tried to switch to firefox time and time again, but it has so many little quirks that just make it less comfortable to use.

Firefox, because vertical tabs.

Why does Microsoft even bother with edge nobody in the world uses it

Safari

Safari is the prettiest

vivaldi

Of those three? The only usable one if Firefox, and even that is debatable based on Mozilla's recent actions.

Last time I tried Chrome I was disappointed about its configurability, it does not even come close to Firefox about:config

Can we install edge on Linux now or was it given as an option for the lulz? Even links text browser has more legitimate uses than Edge at this point.

> Prove to me that the Firefox forks are as secure as Firefox ESR or Firefox Quantum
You can audit the source code :^)

Dogshit browser saddled with Applel’s arrogance.

My point is that I know for a fucking fact that the forks don't get the same security patches as the main versions.

V8 is their JS engine. Blink is a rendering engine.

Non ironically edge.

I don't really like any of them. but at this point I would probably choose google chrome, after having been a firefox user since 2005.

Gotta love how 90%of people just mention random ass browsers they use instead of just answering OP because they want to feel special

That's because 95% of Jow Forums agrees that all of the listed ones are crap.

Chromium.
Use edge for opening pdfs and epubs though.

>firefox
>privacy
Not anymore.

uh no, that's just a vocal retarded minority
you probably think 95% of Jow Forums actually uses linux too
idiot

spent all day trying new browsers, uninstalling, another one, testing, uninstalling....

firefox ESR gets me a score of 16 on this - cant enable my GPU because firefox hates fglrx

browserbench.org/Speedometer2.0/

then I just use chromium-vaapi and hit 55 and it's blazing fast on everything. but it's a botnet and I like the old mozilla extensions

theres literally no fucking choice. we choose between a botnet or a slow as fuck SJW browser

But Edge is the fastest broswer.

Only one browser has ever kept redirecting me to this crap.

Attached: Screenshot_Firefox_20180505-182840.png (1080x1920, 143K)

Edge is pretty good right now. I don't have any reason to switch over. I can use my extensions and I like the synergy it has with the whole system.

On the next Windows version we will have global tabs and all of them will have Edge access, so better get used to it.

Vivaldi

Firefox Quantum >>> all other browsers

It's not even a contest. Privacy, speed, customization, you name it. Switch now.

Attached: 1024px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1024x1024, 202K)

>Out of these 3 relevant browsers which one is the best?

Chrome is the only relevant browser, and only due to popularity since technologically it has very annoying faults at implementation quality, and it is driving itself into the ground by segmenting its own versioning.

If Edge had a decent RSS reader and an ability to edit the UI (reorder icons and make the margins smaller in the favourites), I'd use that. Both FF and Chrome are broken as fuck.

>shits on FF
>doesn't actually explain why

Typical Google shill.

edge is good for netflix and not much else
everything else is done better on chrome, but since chrome is just a data-siphon you may as well use firefox

Chrome is the standard, but I'd say Edge is a better browser for Windows. Firefox can't compete with either unless you include placebo privacy as a factor.

>t. hasn't tried Quantum

Firefox if you want a good UI, ease of use, customizability, more functionality and privacy.
Brave if you only care about speed. Iridium if you want a blink browser with addons.
Anything else other than minimalist browsers is unnecessary shit.

On my system nightly takes like 5+ seconds to load the first page after opening it on linux. It also has a tendency to randomly spike CPU usage which can cause performance issues in other programs. I still use it, but the performance is noticeably worse than chromium.

>So many people praising Quantum
Might as well give it a try.

Since when is Brave faster than Firefox?

Don't use Nightly, you idiot.

Problem solved.

Eh? What happened?

What is Opera?

>which one is the best?
You are asking the wrong question, OP.

You should be asking, "Which one sucks the least?"

I'm currently using vivaldi at home and at work. At home it is perfect, at work it's sadly not perfect. It struggles for example with sharepoint.

GNU IceCat

- free software
- no botnet
- RMS' daily driver

nothing, he's just a moron

Firefox idles at 20% CPU on my windows box.
Doesnt do it on loonix for whatever reason.

The short answer is either you use literal spyware that works, or you use janky SJW designed crud that works if it feels like it.

Safari

Firefox spams your mail if you use their sync, chrome doesn't

>Firefox idles at 20% CPU on my windows box.
fake news

Only use for Edge and Firefox is to download chrome. With Chrome download brave.
/win
/thread

Firefox. After quantum it's way less resource intensive as chrome, also Firefox's dev tools blow Chrome's out of the water. I don't think chrome even has a way to view CSS grids?

its probably the best of the three, and thats not saying much.
all "modern" browsers are shit

ungoogled chromium

Just tested on regular firefox and it has the same issue. First page load on chromium is

Firefox for privacy.
Chrome for normie stuff and work.
Edge has a niche on Windows if you prefer longer battery life (even though I think the benefit is negligible).
I'd definetely prefer Firefox if I hadn't have to use Google online services. Those are too good to pass up.

I use opera. Am I retarded?

chromium.

Edge is a steaming pile of fucking shit, Mozilla is also fucking shit, chrome all the way faggot, go kill yourself for not knowing the master race browser.

Not if you have a non retarded reason to use it

Attached: 2e6eeadf0d88cd9b.jpg (619x900, 75K)

Retard confirmed

[citation needed]

Firefox's dev tools are nice. And the beta screenshost built-in feature is nice as well.

what is sharex
the built-in screenshot feature is totally unnecessary

i personally use opera

but goddamn, i fucking love how well optimized edge is. so smoooooooooooth

For me, it's qutebrowser.

The only problem I have with it is that performance on youtube is terrible, but I solved it by using newsboat with mpv for youtube instead.

tenfourfox :^)

Attached: Picture 1.png (1075x529, 219K)

>chrome
>*dge

>relevant

Attached: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (1043x987, 490K)

>unsecure Firefox fork

Corporate does

No lol, I've been able to find replacement extensions pretty easily.

Inox.

>insecure
the only inaccurate part is RMS daily driver, not wget+emacs

>edge
wew

- chrome is a botnet, avoid at all costs
- ungoogled chromium (or any ungoogled fork) is best in terms of speed, uses a lot of RAM but honestly that's a not issue unless you're a ramlet
- firefox is pretty good, native dark theme is nice and speed is at least comparable in most cases. sjwzilla has a better privacy policy, at least on paper.
- brave is okay if you need something quickly without configuration, but ultimately it's missing a lot of functionality and the built in privacy extensions are pretty meh compared to the alternatives. wouldn't recommend as your primary browser
- vivaldi/opera/pale moon/etc seem mostly like memes to me. they tend to have very specific/specialized advantages at the cost of multiple disadvantages. if you don't have a specific reason to use them I would not recommend
- edge is literally a slightly faster IE11 with a reskin, and it's only relevant to people who have no idea what they're doing and click the icon on their desktop by accident after m$ forcibly puts it there (again). It's still garbage and has all the same quirks and inconsistencies IE11 does (probably for """"legacy"""" compatibility), in addition to being a botnet

How do you know that for a fact? Don’t tell me you’re trying to directly compare version numbers.