There are people on Jow Forums, RIGHT NOW who think having a physical keyboard on a phone is a good idea in 1999+19

There are people on Jow Forums, RIGHT NOW who think having a physical keyboard on a phone is a good idea in 1999+19.
I want you to acknowledge this fact.

Attached: blackberry.jpg (1600x1200, 322K)

I am typing this message on my keyboard. My keyboard has keys. Do you want to acknowledge that too?

>I want you to acknowledge this fact.
That having a physical keyboard on a phone is a good idea in 1999+19? Sure, man.

If it is retractable like pic related yes. Phones are thin enough and a little bit of thickness doesn't matter. The benefits of real keyboards is that they don't take up screen real estate while typing, also if the keyboard has a tab and a Ctrl key it would be really nice to use your phone for some serious stuff. I see nothing wrong with a physical keyboard on a phone. Give me a single reason why I should hate that shit?

Attached: HTC-Prime-leaks-out-a-Windows-Phone-7-device-with-a-physical-keyboard.jpg (150x150, 16K)

>no physical buttons on media player
>always have to look at the fucking screen to control it

A phone is primarily a voice tool. SMS is nigger technology, and anyone autistic about text input tactility on a voice communication device is delusional.

Attached: 1268829353546.jpg (126x101, 9K)

>A phone is primarily a voice tool.
Wrong, phones are pocket computers

>A phone is primarily a voice tool.
Name one dumb phone that doesn't use physical keys.

If voice was the primary tool then you wouldn't have giant cell phones with high density screens and powerful processors.

>enabling cursor doesn't spawn a humongous virtual keyboard that devours half of my screen
>in most apps I can start typing right away with no need to touch the screen
>copying, deleting, pasting portions of text is comfortable
>no need to enable a messy virtual keyboard app that drinks up RAM memory and adds lag
>lag-free writing
Now to the Keyone's specific functions, since you have been brave enough to post an image of that:
>capacitive physical keyboard: I can scroll pages up and down, left and right with no need to touch the screen with my thumb, thus reducing the portion of readable text
>can open apps from homepage just by short or long pressures of physical buttons: no need to have bilion of icons polluting the home screen or the wallpaper
>tap the keyboard to enable cursor
>highlight text for easy on-the-go editing by pressing Shift
>left swipe deletes a whole word

Attached: Screenshot_20180505-135025.png (1080x1620, 226K)

Jokes on you, i don't have a giant cell phone with a high density screen - only consumerist niggers do.

Attached: Belittle-FlameThrower.jpg (620x451, 87K)

>inb4 your phone is two tin cans with a wire

It's a good idea regardless of the year. Fuck touchscreen keyboards.

>enabling cursor doesn't spawn a humoungous virtual keyboard that devours half of my screen
Sure, let's have a physical one devour half of my screen all the time.

Physical keyboards take up exactly zero screen space; the keyboard is only where screen isn't

Tfw /living la vita comfy/ with my S7 edge with the keyboard cover
I legitimately can't go back to those awful screen keyboards

Also shoutout to the keyone italianon in pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20180505-145503.png (1440x1807, 274K)

Oh, there were some, but we really wanna forget about them.

Attached: 1343738_2_original.jpg (640x480, 57K)

>Physical keyboards take up exactly zero screen space; the keyboard is only where screen isn't

Attached: 1512287655455.png (936x772, 28K)

Wow, that sure proved me wrong

>those spelling warnings

Attached: 8bf7b9fd5151dc803cecfcb9a57dc2bc.jpg (540x764, 62K)

I had that phone and it was utter shite. Wouldn't call it a feature phone though.

The point he's trying to make is that screens now take up the entire phone surface by default. To make a physical keyboard is a design choice to have less screen space - therefore permanently removing screen space. How many layers of /troll/retard/ have you gone through to blind yourself to this most obvious fact, or are you simply so wrapped up in semantics you can't comprehend the actual issue being discussed?

Attached: 1270470790709.png (379x311, 8K)

I don't understand why you'd put a keyboard there. looks like it would be much less awkward.

there are people on Jow Forums right now wearing fedoras. think about it

When that "lost" screen space spends 95% of the time pretending to be a keyboard, it may as well be a damned keyboard.

there are people on this board right now that actually unironicallly use android and think it's better than iphone. i kid you not. there are literal pajeets on this board right now.

a physical keyboard is not a screen

>95% of the time
At this point don't use a phone, user, wait to get to the office or home and just use a computer.

>what is a bluetooth keyboard

Don't be dumb. I'm not going to stop using my phone because I only use it for SMS. Hell, SMS was made for phones.

A hilariously bad solution.

I love mine, just 2 issues:
- Maybe too big, though all phones are big as fuck now
- Typing on it while drunk is even more difficult than doing it on a normal smartphone. I don't know why though, each keypress feels like an insane effort. Typing sober is the best though

I held on tight to my physical keyboard. Epic 4G by Samsung was literally epic. When "good" phones with keyboards fell off the planet, I felt forced to choose a standard bar phone. I'm a swiper now. It's fine. Kinda miss the keyboard, but not as much as I predicted I was going to. I would actually be much slower at a physical kb now that I've gotten good at swiping.