Phones are deemed good/bad because they do/dont have a removable battery

>phones are deemed good/bad because they do/dont have a removable battery

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF SMARTPHONE INDUSTRY

Attached: hero-phone.png (577x1060, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5is38SCyi0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>phones are rated by features they have
Woah.

Is there any flagship with a removable battery coming soon? Im looking to buy a phone soon but i cant seem to find any.

I'm going on a road trip, having a 10k mAh battery is essential.

Also, I love that phone. If they add a new CPU and fix the screen it would be perfect.

Power banks are cheaper, have more power, don't require turning off the phone and work for all your devices. I honestly can't understand why people bother hot-swapping batteries. If the battery dies completley it's another story - non-removable batteries are still replaceable. It is bad that features get removed, but this one is not a deal breaker.

Not that i'm aware of
T h i s . Can't believe some people dont buy the phones they eanted just because they dont have a removable battery

Removable battery besides hot swapping increases the longevity of the device and increases it's resale value much like a car. People are paying new 500-1000 dollary doos and having some equity is a good thing. Used market is quite healthy for flagships that have this quality. LG G5 for example can be made new again in seconds by replacing the battery with a fresh new OEM one or larger third party one. Hot swapping also takes up less space on your person and is instant compared to pre-charged external battery chargers. No need to carry a charging cable or an unsightly or large backup battery. You can go from 0-100 in an instant.

I got a redmi note 2, it outlasted my bro Galaxy s6 after the battery holds only like half hour of charge. Meanwhile I just replace the battery every year for about usd15.

you do know that you can replace non-removable phone's battery too, do you?

Attached: images(14).jpg (259x194, 4K)

the v20 is the last good cellphone that will ever be made

Device isn't in mint condition at that point and will suffer some cosmetic damage usually. This also means special tools in most cases. Lowers resale value of the device and longevity.

why are you retards still falling for the smartphone meme?

>In an instant

You have to turn off your fucking phone, remove the case/battery, pull out some weird chocolate looking object from your little plastic bag, put it in your phone and reboot.
>Vs.
Having a sleek, rounded rectangular object with beautiful blue leds to show you power status of your battery that's capable of charging your device 3.5x or more.

I just prefer to order a battery over ebay instead of going to a professional to replace my dying battery.

I love my V20 and will probably stick with it till it dies on me. Which will probably not be that long. LG doesn't have a good track record with these.

I'm not sure what phone you're using but shutting it off and powering it on take under 30 seconds. It's not like there is a mechanical drive in the device. Phone batteries are small and thin close and generally not that much taller than a bic lighter. You wouldn't know you had it on you. Compared to a..
>Huge brick with cables takes 30-60 minutes to charge your phone if it is quick charge capable
I'm being generous here as well ayy

It's hit or miss with LG. I got the kiddos a bunch of G5's replaced the batteries and they're good as new. Teens hot swap batteries instead of the bulky battery packs since they can burn through the juice in a school day.

>talking to my pupils at school
>gave one of them my number
>"You have my number. If I hear you passed it on, it'll be a hard school year."
>"Yeah, suuuuure"
>smirks and winks
>"Hey, does your phone have a removable battery?"
>"No"
>"Wanna bet?"
>Smirk and wink

Best scaring tactic ever. Seriously, you could break a kid's jaw and no one cares, but touch their phones and they go apeshit.

>'muh mint condition'
off yourself

Attached: images(15).jpg (219x230, 10K)

I will but first I need to find a mint condition firearm.

Attached: 1511064624702.jpg (1920x1080, 75K)

With the production of mobile power banks the need for a spare battery has become redundant.

I've changed 4 batteries in 3 different phones (Z3, iPhone 5, iPhone 6), and all of them were pretty straightforward to do. Of course if people didn't go out of their way to disassemble these phones, I'd be fucked.

>Waiting until your phone is dead to charge it

This is where you fucked up. With a battery putting off 3.1a, plugging my phone in for 10mins or so throughout the day while I'm doing other tasks keeps it at a cozy 50-75% charge and I never notice it. It's never dead to the point where I have to dissect my phone and swap the fucking battery and look like an austist bc muh swappable battery.

Enjoy being part of the botnet 24/7. Besides, switching batteries in 30 seconds is more comfortable than carrying a power bank in your pocket attached to your phone. You're also wasting less energy through dispersion as you're transferring power from the power grid to the battery instead of from the power grid to a battery to another battery, this also means that your 2 removable batteries will degrade slower than the phone's battery and the power bank's battery. Also this

How can you off yourself if once the gun has been fired its not in mint condition?

How would you live with that?

Exactly this, most people don't know how to replace a "non-replaceable battery", the whole thing is just so they can waste less manufacturing a non-modular device, and of course to make most people spend more.

You don't really need to change your batteries these days. My S8+ lasts me for more than a day already.
>but in 3+ years the battery is going to become shit
I don't even use my phones longer than 2 years because I change contracts each time and get a new phone for ''free'' anyway.

You are stuck with the LG v20 forever

how is that indictive of the industry and not the faggots who make threads like this?

heh

Attached: 1525516492242.png (300x300, 8K)

>road trip
Just plug it into the cigarette lighter you fucking retard

i've been using a samsung galaxy alpha for 3 years now and my two batteries are just recently getting depleted. gonna buy 2 more for like 30 bucks and hopefully i can last another year or 2 with this phone.

whats galaxy alpha like? always liked the aesthetics of that one

i don't know much about phones, all i use it for is browsing Jow Forums and discord. i know that it's basically a galaxy s5. the camera quality is suboptimal in my experience though. pic related.

Attached: 20180310_155835.jpg (1152x648, 142K)

thanks user! nice setup, too

I don't really care about removable battery
My phone lasts around 3 days on a single charge, and even if it didn't, why not charge it overnight or when you're in the car anyway?
Also, this is the age of powerbanks - being able to charge multiple devices multiple times from one dedicated device is just pretty convenient.

Attached: 1497280900260.jpg (312x345, 21K)

this tbqhon

what's a good powerbank?

there are so many kinds and manufacturers nowadays that you can't answer this easily
just go for a reputable brand, choose the capacity and size you're interested in and go for it
I heard Xiaomi's 10Ah ones were pretty good but they might've been surpassed in price/quality by something else since then

You know what‘s worse? Having a soft shelled battery thats specified as non-removable but it would still be simple to do so if they didn‘t glue it into the fucking phone, making it impossible to remove it without having a small lithium fire in your phone because you ripped the plastic around the battery trying to pry it away from the glue.

The real trick is to get a phone without waterproofing and, preferably, without a glass back. That way, you only have to do a simple pry job to remove the front and back panel, disconnect important wires, and change your battery.

Attached: pic_3c18816417a144d2fd64960922973404.jpg (420x280, 80K)

>hot swapping battery
Stopped reading.
""""" non-removable"""" battery:
youtube.com/watch?v=5is38SCyi0w

how will the removable-battery faggots ever recover?

Maybe they'll finally get their shit together and start paying attention whether phone is screwed/shaped together or hot glued. Glued stuff is actual redflag. I am sure I won't buy a new phone until I see teardown video. Battery replacement is one thing, possibility of screen replacement may be even more important since accidents happen.

if you haven't heard of jerryrigeverything by now, now you did
he does teardowns and durability tests of mainstream shit (and not just "oh it broke because I dropped it 100 ft therefore it's bad" but actual scientific tests)