How much of what Terry. A. Davis has programmed is actually new? IU mean...

How much of what Terry. A. Davis has programmed is actually new? IU mean, is his operating system actually his work or is he using deprecated and debunked ideas? Does his operating system have anything technical about it that is innovative apart from being a channel for the word of god?

Attached: Me101115c_400x400.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
youtube.com/channel/UCJZTn-fPu-uIA55UI47_cXg
youtube.com/watch?v=aP1slQYLQ-8&t=6m16s
youtube.com/watch?v=N4jTZNKbNx8
youtube.com/watch?v=CuzxDyzw95M
youtube.com/watch?v=6BDQ2pvvVYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He has schizophrenia and made his own operating system, he's the first to do that.

yes but if I made something as functional as DOS 2 from scratch, it may be a personal achievement but if the world cannot use it because it is way behind what we now use, or if the programming leaves a lot to be desired then it is simply a personal achievement not exactly world shaking news

He made C more white

didnt Richard Stallman do that?

AFAIK it's 100% AOT and JIT. It's also 100% 64bit from the ground up. The code can have sprites. It uses a new language made of C and C++ ideas. You can run said code straight from the command line. He created the redsea file system, which is an improvement of FAT with conditional compression.

No isolation between processes, which makes IPC a breeze compared to OSes with memory protection. He also got away with the teletype terminal, you can show whatever you want within the console and make it hypertextual. JIT compilation in the console and reloading parts of the kernel without rebooting too.

Some of his ideas are going in the mainstream, especially the graphical hypertextual console. Also, read this: codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

it's modeled after the commodore 64 so it's not exactly a new idea. he made a few changes to the C syntax which as far as i can tell are more or less useless. Basically just added labels to the switch statement.

His OS is built on an architecture that may actually be replaced in the near future due to all the recent flaws found in x86 chips.

Needs to be ported to ARM or RiscV
Needs a network stack
Needs support for higher resolutions
Needs display manager/desktop environment
Needs a better graphics library
Needs better sound library
Needs command line tools. typing C into the commandline is cumbersome and retarded

OP here, thanks for the link, that is exactly what i was hoping to get from this thread

He has autism, not schizophrenia.
He's said it uses relative 32 bit too.

No he made a set of bloated coreutils and glibc that's not an OS no matter what that cuck says.

How about we take Temple OS and put a modern UI on it? That would be pretty cool.

Attached: Windows-10-TP-build-9860.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

OP here agin, I like that where the system is like some 1980's computer where you can peek and poke a memory address. I have to admit Temple OS is unusual in that he appears to like the old architecture that was simply built-in to the motherboard, where the OS is more like firmware than software, and yet there is a naive element like where everything runs at the highest level of privilege on ring zero

Terry would never allow it or participate in it

It'd have to be an entirely fan-made project

It's difficult even seeing Terry adding more than 16 colors.

Terry argues that Linux is designed for a use case that most people don't have. Linux, he says, aims to be a 1970s mainframe, with 100 users connected at once. If a crash in one users' programs could take down all the others, then obviously that would be bad. But for a personal computer, with just one user, this makes no sense. Instead the OS should empower the single user and not get in their way.

wow, excellent, effectively he is saying linux is a server operating system that is useless as a desktop operating system

You know nothing about autism, he definitely have schizophrenia.

Just watched aq video where terry is driving. Jesus fucking christ, i never realised shizo's were allowed to drive. Dear lord kill me now

Poor trolling, 0/10 shitpost

mod detected

>linux is a server operating system that is useless as a desktop operating system
No further proof needed - after reading this post - that Terry is a genius.

>wow, excellent, effectively he is saying linux is a server operating system that is useless as a desktop operating system
He's 100% right here.
Linux makes a fantastic server OS but if you're not a power user it sucks as a desktop.

Terry SHITS on torvalds and Stallman and is the REAL STEVE JOBS

Attached: received_1123356244471892.jpg (600x900, 147K)

>is the REAL STEVE JOBS

Attached: 1517415062952.jpg (600x394, 78K)

He is literally the only developer on earth making software with the intention that it won't be used with networking or internet access.
Seems backward, but these days that's serious innovation.

>needs a network stack
>needs support for higher resolutions
God says no.

But WHO is God?

Part of Terry's brain.

The space alien that gave terry divine intellect to duel with bill gates and the illuminati's horde of nigger cattle, as well as the CIA niggers

Sometimes I wonder if Terry actually believes in God or if it's just metaphorical/symbolic
Wouldn't surprise me considering God's opion and Terry's opinion almost always align

Okay. These are sensible answers.

reminds me of this guy

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>Sometimes I wonder if Terry actually believes in God or if it's just metaphorical/symbolic
He really does. Thinking that someone is watching you the entire time and taking coincidences as signs will make you believe in God because there's no other way of explaining it.

I haven't been religious since I was probably 14, didn't believe in God at all. But being in psychosis puts things in an entirely different perspective. It just seems like everything is orchestrated to send you some hidden message and when it's apparent that no one on earth could orchestrate such a thing even if they would be following you (maybe a real world reference to your thoughts), God remains the only explanation. But I mean, explanation is clearly that your brain is finding patterns where there are none.

His OS was designed by GOD.
It's perfect.

God could always have done better.

If he would have done all of this 30 years earlier and cut back a bit on his use of the word nigger, all modern operating systems would probably be incorporating some of his ideas.

This is reedit
This is not. Learn the difference and fuck off to your shithole

>It's difficult even seeing Terry adding more than 16 colors.
A few days ago Terry was saying that he only wants to make changes that reduce the number of lines of code. Assuming that's true, we might end up with 8 colors.

>Jow Forums memes up templeos so much
>doesn't even use it
CIA Niggers the lot of you

Attached: TempleOS.png (656x518, 64K)

Who says we don't? Since I don't use Windows anymore I have to use templeos for my games

How can a person know all these big words but write such nigger tier sub 80 IQ bullshit ?

His OS is basically C, C64 and LispMs mixed together, I think it's cool

>And Lo, said the Lord, thine temple needeth not a network stack

Attached: 1523821820925.gif (113x162, 84K)

He reads cuckchan.

hes very good but the SZ is so overdone. anyone aware of how and where gifted ppl work or talk, are annoyed by him.

no wonder he got sent back to the ward

delett this

So do you

That will never happen. After all God said to him that 16 colors is the way to go.

His language, holyC have some good additions to C.
A lot of the additions have been made in other languages, but I think it would be good if some of those things were added to the real C language.

>modern UI
>more than 16 colors
What did he mean by this?

Everything is on ring 0 for a reason

educational reasons

So what exactly did happen to the daily Terry threads, did he actually disappear for a while because of you autists messing with him?

he was in jail

youtube.com/channel/UCJZTn-fPu-uIA55UI47_cXg
terry is back

It has no programs in the classical sense, everything is compiled JIT. Pretty interesting for programmers

Is your definition of modern UI a bunch of windows with mini, maxi, terminate buttons?

this guy is 10x smarter than that schizo
he probably even wrote a compiler and doesn't even brag about it like he does.

Attached: anselm.jpg (200x300, 79K)

He rejected memory paging (and so virtual memory model) and runlevels separation completely, this is really oldschool way since CPUs allow these features on hardware level. When it comes to innovation seL4 microkernel is what to look at here.
Other regressions when it comes to hardware like screen, sound devices, not even Intel GPU, no network stack and so no crypto, afaik SIMD instructions and implicit optimization toward them are non-existing (not 100% sure with that).
The joke is that you can make innovative OS by just not copying unix garbage that somehow got stucked in modern systems like teletype terminal, berkeley sockets, fork+exec, monolithic kernel with awful IPCs, ioctl and other complete jokes.
I like the REPLish C approach, this is what system should be able to do, in this sense it's a lot like Emacs except not bad at every detail.
Despite all the simplifications Terry really did huge and admirable work.

terry is a hobby faggot that gets nothing done.
he uses ubuntu, just goes to show how much of a brainlet he is

> But for a personal computer, with just one user, this makes no sense.
There was a reason why every OS manufacturer scrapped their single user OS with no restrictions. When every user program can crash an entire system (and not just kill userspace, which can be restarted), this is bad.

>you wouldn't know that if you lived with one
did you mean "you would know that..."?

>21 videos from the past hour

the most important thing I've learned from Terry is to "do it how the motherfucking computer wants to do it"

the most important thing i learned from terry is pussy is pussy, so i fucked a homeless woman as well

>desires over enlightenment

Attached: 1516209205123.gif (200x293, 1.75M)

wtf is cull of monk king?

It's a new web series titled Dirty Terry produced by, directed by, written by and starring Terry A Davis.

Terry says he went under a girls cover last night and voodooed her:
youtube.com/watch?v=aP1slQYLQ-8&t=6m16s

What did he mean by this?

And a mod is right for once

it is pretty comfy

Attached: ringzero.png (755x538, 461K)

He's just as sane as always

youtube.com/watch?v=N4jTZNKbNx8

Hello there

Attached: Screenshot (3).png (531x678, 349K)

>all this fucking nonsense he's speaking
He's getting worse.

I don't get how people always note that it has no network as a negative. It would be horrible to connect a ring 0 OS to the internet

why does terry use ubuntu

Straight outta compton

Attached: 1525203350456.jpg (828x482, 289K)

you just called god naive

>trying out holyc
>keywords and types are capitalized
For what purpose?

>I must use a difficult distro to show how smart I am

Attached: 1509188624739.jpg (221x250, 5K)

To honor Him

youtube.com/watch?v=CuzxDyzw95M

FUCKING TERRY KINO, he's in the library's toilet and some guy is taking a shit and he's singing to him

This is gold.

Holy shit.

Never die, Terry.

And people say mental disorders are bad. You just need to throw people the right tools and they will build you a cathedral.

this guy is really interesting and that is an egregious euphemism

It is all copied from the osdev examples, faggots
End the Terry crap now

>onions boy doesn't even post evidence

y I k E s

So do you

damn soiboi, accept the word of god

How long until Terry says nigger in public and gets BTFO?

How can you BTFO a messenger of god? Followup question, how can you BTFO somebody with a serious thought disorder?

How do you "BTFO" whatever a schizo says?

It's not like he has a sign on his forehead saying "i'm a schizo"
lol

Yeah, it kinda is like he has exactly that. What's your IQ score?

So he's talking about Conan O'Brian as of late.

youtube.com/watch?v=6BDQ2pvvVYc

Attached: jj.jpg (1000x1500, 140K)

Randoms won't know that and they likely won't care, racism is not a symptom of schizophrenia.

>racism is not a symptom of schizophrenia
Doesn't have to be a symptom in order to be a biproduct.

Do you think his paranoia for the CIA is completely independent from his schizophrenia?

Attached: Untitle.jpg (2000x1185, 312K)

Re: What would you do if you were shitting in a public restroom, then a crazy man walked in, started talking about you, and sung in an attempt to get you to leave?

Stay and wait for him to leave.

templeos.org:

>My Dad wrote the book on rocket surgery for the Titan Missile.
>Homer Simpson dropped a wrench.
>The TempleOS is military grade.