Bought one a 14 months ago

>bought one a 14 months ago
>still haven't figured out what to do with it
Fuck, how many people have these faggots scam?

Attached: 1501906600810.jpg (650x434, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pi-hole.net/
piratebox.cc/
youtube.com/watch?v=tRDAzJrfZiM
raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/access-point.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That is not how scams work.

Just use it as a keychain it's so cute and cool

You should have thought about the use cases before buying one, lol.

I'm using one as a coaster.

Actually I did, but I really should've gotten the regular RasPi, these Zeroes are too slow.

Mine has paid for itself a thousand times over. I don't know what you're doing so wrong.

>I don't know what you're doing so wrong
he bought one without having a project in mind

What have you done with yours?

i've had 2 sat in a drawer for 2 years, was going to make a retropi handheld and never bothered too

I've replaced every overpriced, snake oil, air purifier and vacuum cleaner, with this device alone. You would not believe the dust this thing collects just sitting there not even powered on! No more noisy devices and expensive filters either.

I don't really see the point in these retro emulators on a raspberry. It's unnecessary hassle. Just get an Xbox 360 controller for your PC and you can emulate pretty much anything up to PS2/PSP.

Bluetooth connected to a sensor on my door so that if my fat bitch of a mom tries to enter without permission it shocks the handle, another hooked up to a button that i press it and sends an alert to my mom's phone when I'm out of snacks

What?

Attached: 1509274959279.jpg (640x480, 103K)

>Buy something with no purpose in mind
>Hurr scam

And with that, I plan on buying another Orange Pi brand SBC, as my Orange Pi Zero has served me well.

>these Zeroes are too slow.
Not at all. these are for tinkering and DIY projects, they're all useless for normal computing tasks like servers, desktops, HTPC...

pi-hole.net/
Only useful thing.

would it get fucked like from the contact with the keys or something?

because it's fun making it?

Maybe so if your time is worthless. It's reminds me of desktop ricing on linus.

>i do not understand the concept of enjoyment.
Wew lad

>i don't know what to do with it
>that means no one ever knows what to with it
>therefore it's a scam
That's not how it works

IoT is a good application for it, especially since they're such good size and all.

Attached: 130.jpg (401x349, 37K)

Make a piratebox out of it: piratebox.cc/

oops, was ment for OP

>read online about these really cool hammers
>people are making cool shit with this badass hamer
>go to hardware store and buy hammer
>don't use it to build anything, just put in toolbox

wtf what a scam

Attached: 1512778217467.jpg (232x217, 9K)

Free (You)'s are always appreciated, even if by accident.

i have made an autonomous car out of a car that i bought off toys r us for $20

I bought a chink shit arduino last october and haven't done anything with it

>piratebox.cc/
haha u gay

do you not have a sense of humor you braindead redditard autistic fuck

>Bought something I don't need
>Don't need it
>Scam

chill dude

>implying he will ever use it

I use mine to listen to meetings that take place in my works conference room.

Seedbox.

>Just get an Xbox 360 controller for your PC
Did you mean steam controller?

Attached: screenshot1 (1).png (923x538, 101K)

4 hours late to the thread, but you could use the Pi to make a LED backlight similar to Philips Ambilight.
youtube.com/watch?v=tRDAzJrfZiM

No, it's shit.

>No, it's shit.
Elaborate.
It's _the_ only controller that has proper aiming and not a shitty joystick.
Also, it allows you to remap and configure everything, even if retarded developers of the game had no idea what ergonomics is.

i used something like this to automate sprinkler and light switching systems for my indoors weed patch
if i had kids i would probably design stuff for them to learn to implement with this and trick them into thinking its a game

>bought one a 14 months ago
>live in high-rise apartment with no yard

Attached: 923c44bca65443a650f7473354629e38.jpg (260x278, 29K)

Was going to use mine for measuring temperatures and humidity in my terrarium, and if humidity is too low it would switch on power socket (through radio frequencies), but that shit didn't work and the only alternative is actually messing with 240 volts which I'm too chickenshit to do.

So now it more or less collects dust.

fuck off with your gay touchpads

>fuck off with your gay touchpads
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Once again, I can have presision controls with mouse-like speed instead of shitty ass stick that requires auto-aim and auto target-lock.

This feature alone makes every other controller shit for me.

I've buy shit like this all the time out of habit. A use will come up. I routinely scrap things I put together to do something else. Had some dead drops for a while, did some RF stuff, most recent I just decided I wanted to use an original SNES controller in steam so i munged it over to USB

Seems I can turn on and off my USB ports instead, so I guess it won't collect dust anymore. Thought it was hardwired and impossible to do, but eh guess I was wrong.

use it to control an electrical relay via LAN connection to charge the batteries for your dragon dildos. Or if you're desperate to use it, use it for file storage. I use mine as cheap security cameras with old webcams I had collecting dust.

I'm not sure if the Zero W is powerful enough for this, but I have my Pi3 set up as a wireless access point right now. My router died and I didn't want to buy another cheap shit one so I'm using my Pi until I have the money for a nice Asus.

raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/wireless/access-point.md

Why the fuck would you use a Steam controller for retro games?

>bought some dog food
>don't own a dog

>Why the fuck would you use a Steam controller for retro games?
Because I really enjoy not having to press on the d-pad(especially on the shitty ones like Xbox has), using touch option instead. And having ability to remap buttons is great. (I use stick instead of d-pad for some games)

Plus, for everything PS2+ it allows for proper camera controls(not always, though) and additional buttons are always useful.

The only games where it's worse are twin stick shooters.
But I don't often play them. (BLEED was better with keyboard and mouse for example)

The only scam with the Zero is not having wifi antenna connectors. The antenna in the board is a cute idea but necessarily very limited in performance. A USB dongle plugged into a hub plugged into the microUSB slot gives an embarrassingly better connection.

>Underrated

You need a good d-pad to properly play retro games designed for it though. Using a touchpad or even a stick for d-pad controls is disgusting.

I love the steam controller for most 3D games with moveable cameras though. I think I'd still rather just use a keyboard and mouse for shooters.

based

We'll, I never had those retro consoles (I played some "Dandy" a couple of times), so I have no nostalgia for them and find them unpleasant.

I guess you can make an argument for some fighting games, but those are better with special fighting stick anyway.

>piratebox.cc/
>rpi is useful! look you can install this pseudo-nfs and it's called P I R A T E B O X wow so kewl
that absolute state of basedims

i will fizzle yo snizzle fo' shizzle

Can you pihole it?

what the fuck are you like 10

Using mine as a fool proof wake on LAN alternative, no complaints here.

Attached: DSC_0036~01.jpg (2160x3535, 1.44M)

Are you 40?

The response of a 10 year old, for sure.

I bought 4 of them to build a cluster. I'm not the smartest person so I'm trying to get some scholarships or grants for uni because I can call it a supercomputer so the less tech savvy will think I'm a genius and throw money at me

>black hat +50xp
>black hoodie +100xp
>things hanged from a desktop lamp +800xp
>macbook +5000xp
>poison idea 10000xp

>fucking based

Attached: pbx8.jpg (400x600, 47K)

> Xbox 360 controller
> For retro games

Attached: 1524523298270.png (584x449, 130K)

You put it in a drawer and forget about it

I made a ghetto home security system with one. if the pi zero camera detects movement within a specific time of day it emails me a picture

Go build a ghetto NAS or put Pihole on it or make build some plant watering shit. Or go make some twitter/reddit/chan bot.

lmao! im doing something similar for my laptop
truley the only real use those devices have

I'm considering getting Zeros for a surveillance camera setup. The consumer solutions look pretty shitty.

>fresh headless install
>install based lighttpd
>install ddns service updater
> set up website for personal use and other shit

>truley the only real use those devices have
It's a good use, but failure to think of anything else is just a lack of creativity.

I hate this shit I wish 30-50 buck smart phones weren't locked down.
If you factor in the amount of people not really tinkering and the fact it comes with everything you need to run it and portable plus most people already have one buying a pi is a joke.

you didnt look into something you buy is a problem. Honestly. What the hell is wrong with you?

go fuck yourself cunt-for-brains, nobody tells anyone else to "chill bro xD" on here you patronizing faggot

>buy an electric drill
>14 months later haven't figured out what to drill with it
Did I get fucking scammed?!?!

relax

I'm 25 years old from Russia.
I had PC from around I was 3.
Played all my games on it.
Never owned a console.
Purchased new 3DS when it came out and think it's complete useless garbage with terrible games apart from a couple.

I'm using mine as an ssh jumpbox to access other machines on the network, reverse proxy for the server(s) and run a ddns script to update the ip via cloudflare api.
I like this setup because I can make everything accessible by simply creating a subdomain and updating nginx, even when I'm not at home.
It's nicer to have only one machine exposed, reducing failure points/attack surface.

>buy something one does not need just because it was cheap
keep consuming, goy
take a loan too

The reallyti is op is a normie and he want us to figure out what to do with it. we all know you want to be like us bu you are not

Attached: 551.gif (320x178, 516K)

dream config

can i make a fightstick this?

bullshit I use my modded zero as 24/7 torrent and streaming server and it streams my 1080p anime without issues. it's on seeding since november of 2017. it only has 16gb onboard because I'm a cheap fuck but it's enough to download latest shows from current seasons. I also made a bash script to check for file age and move stuff on my nas if age>=1w so it's just that, it does the job and it costs nothing at all

Attached: 1503435305040.png (240x280, 13K)

make a pirate box you can use it as a portable fileserver

you just cant afford something decent

this is true but this doesn't make the pi zero any less efficient. it works well. why buying a ferrari if you just need to do errands with it?

Attached: 1511577054050.png (670x411, 43K)

>Be you
>Buy some shit
>Can't think of a use for extremely useful shit because you're a brainlet
>Go on Indian Jute Weaving forum
>"Wow!! [Extremely useful thing] is a scam!! I haven't done anything with it!!"
Kill you're self.

Hearty kek. Thank you user.

Attached: larry-and-jeff.jpg (475x330, 86K)

Hardware adblocker for my entire network. Feelsgoodman.

connections through pi are slower tho? using a flashed router is faster

Search for some projects you could do with it, there is plenty to choose from.

The model in your pic was only released this year.
Want to try again?

not saying op isn't a fag but he can just pick whatever comes first on google and use it to start a thread. do you really think there is that much of a planning behind a post on Jow Forums ?

I assumed that he'd use a pic of the device he had. That's what I do, anyway. This isn't /b/, although it's going that way.
Not caring about the quality of your post is a pretty good definition of trolling.

>get DAC HAT
>turn into music player
Is that a bad idea?

>hurr I made an automatic chicken door for my chickens
>durr I made a device that sorts Skittles by color
>derp I made a home server that streams movies to my TV
If the Raspberry Pi isn't Soi: The Technology, I don't know what is.

I just ordered orange pi lite and going to use it as to console.