Wha to do u prefer for office shit

wha to do u prefer for office shit
>Libreoffice
>OpenOffice

Attached: fbi-pepe.jpg (207x243, 11K)

OpenOffice is discontinued. LibreOffice is better.

Libreoffice but I end up usually just using Google docs and their shit so I can access it anywhere

They're both shit. I tried using both for writing my thesis and ended up caving in and installing Microsoft Office for the duration of it.

GNU/LibreOffice

LaTeX.

nano.

Microsoft Office

pen and paper

You could set up an OwnCloud

Both are too frustrating to use for real work that people depend on. I ended up buying Microsoft Office

Why? How? Even my 85 yo grandfather has no problems with libreoffice.

Are you mildly to severely retarded?

Debbie from HR detected

Attached: 1521807869069s.jpg (250x250, 5K)

Even your grandfather doesn't use LibreOffice, don't make stuff up for the sake of the argument.

There's no difference in terms of how it's laid out and user friendly, so saying
>Are you mildly to severely retarded?
Makes no sense. It's user friendly enough, it's just shit and not always great with opening stuff that was made in Microsoft Office, shock horror. I remember a powerpoint presentation hanging the entire time.

Sorry, LibreOffice is not a standard.

>Office shit
You poor bastard, a better question would be: "least painful form of suicide?"

lol this. how fucking retarded do you have to be to have trouble with LO? Shit just works.

For writing out grocery list for shopping, yes.

>Office
>Thesis
Is LaTeX outlawed in your country or something?

The only reason I have for using a word processor these days is to type out and print letters. LibreOffice works just fine for that.

Spreadsheets are a different story though and LibreOffice doesn't come close to Excel.

I did lie, he's actually 87. He also runs vista, he asked me about linux once so I made an Ubuntu bootable usb. He was confused & frightened by it so he didn't end up running it. BUT the moral of the story is that he is still more computer savvy than you are.

So you are either profoundly retarded or a troll.

nextcloud with onlyoffice for web version

libreoffice for desktop/laptop use

Attached: nextcloudonlyoffice.png (1549x426, 29K)

emacs

Is this legit good? Been meaning to put my nextcloud to better use.

Yeah, and what does he use LibreOffice for? Writing out a grocery shopping list? Great, I do agree that LibreOffice is suitable for that.

How does it work compared to collabora office

I currently use collabora but onlyoffice looks nice too.

Office 365
/thread

Vim

sublime text

LaTeX, combine with git if you need collaboration

>standard
This makes me rage. What is a “standard”? A better term is vendor lock in. LO can open up docx files but MS intentionally breaks their own format so only the latest version is supported. What a bunch of nonsense, I can claim putting a stick in your ass is “standard” and you would fall for it.

LaTeX.

>A better term is vendor lock in
Exactly that. Is it my fault that most people use Microsoft Office and that Microsoft doesn't respect their standards?
It is what it is.

Hurr durr and for writing a fucking paper, you damn retard.

>whats a compootah
This is ipad-tier stupidity.

Writing clear text in nano is the only acceptable solution

>he uses an office suite to make grocery lists
lol

Kevin from mum's basement detected

I don't, that's why LibreOffice is useless to me.

XML + XSL-FO

Attached: apache-fop-logo.jpg (120x65, 3K)

>thesis
>office
Is you retarded?

personal stuff: libre
work stuff: ms

LaTeX fags can suck my dick
i wrote a math paper with LaTeX and never touched it again or want to touch it again. that piece of garbage is fucking atrocious. wasted so much time change code, compile, fix formulas, compile, fix margins, compile, look up how to do shit, try it, compile.
fuck that, the person who invented LaTeX and people who suggest it need to be shot down

Collabora Online is better

Attached: Collabora.jpg (1756x1135, 77K)

same.
Excel is just a billion times better than LibreOffice Calc, so I have to use Word for work.
But for personal use I prefer LibreOffice Writer

Libre Office of course, it can do everything that Apache OpenOffice does.

Question to Microsoft Office fags, what would you say are the things your software can do that LO-Writer can not?

I hope for your fucking sake you bought a key off eBay for like $20 instead of shelling out $150-250 to Microsoft for it.

t. guy who paid $8 for a legit Windows 10 key for my parents

Its just 7$ not 20$.

the absolute state of nu-Jow Forums

I'm not going to pirate Windows for my relatives anymore. For me, I just use Linux.

MS office.
If I'm sending shit to someone then chances are they are also using MS office. I don't want the document to turn into a bunch of poorly formatted gibberish because of some compatibility issue.

I realize that MS does that on purpose, but that's irrelevant for the end user.

Attached: bill gates as king of the galaxy.jpg (794x624, 198K)

>deliberately breaking compatibility for shekels
>irrelevant for the end user
how's having a two-digit IQ like?

Attached: infrastructures.png (740x352, 54K)

The average end user did not pay anywhere near full price for MS office. They either got it from their employer or their school.
They can easily exchange documents with 99.9% of people, so compatibility with Libre/Open really makes no difference in their lives.

There's a live viewer you retard

I usually use LaTeX. Writing a large report in a word processor is a pain in the ass.

If you reccomend latex for anything other than writing a high level research paper you is retard.

For work i use Microsoft Office. Its provided and everyone else uses it so I is retard if I try to use something else.

care to explain further?

>he actually uses either one of the mentally retarded step-children of MS Office

Install a VM and use MS office.

If you're in school or using it for professional work MS office is a must. Everything from formatting to grammer and spell check is better.

Don't listen to these freetards, libreoffice is only useful as hobby software

>Word processor
>Thesis

>VM
Why not just pirate it? It's literally one of the most pirated software programs.
And if you're on Linux why not just use Wine?

>governments use only docx files
>my clients use only docx files
>there is no alternative to outlook
>there is no alternative to excel because it’s a worldwide standard for spreadsheets
>office 365 works flawlessy and is unmatched (google docs lol)
>keys can be bought for dirt cheap on eBay
Sorry but only delusional freetards use libreoffice

>This idiot thinks you can't save as docx or make the same spreadsheets with the same formulas in libreoffice

Damn you stupid

>professional work
>governments use only docx files
Maybe I have a special case, but in my professional work for a government entity, we use , which is better compared to something like LaTeX than an office suite. Most use a LyX-esque WYSIWYG editor but others are fine with just their favourite editor and a decent XML plugin. I haven't used MS/Libre Office in years except to open email attachments.

Microsoft Office Online as a Chrome extension so i can have two botnets in one.

Office 365
Thanks college

> hurr durr muh ms word doc hurr durr libreoffice too dibicult

Why are you droolies on Jow Forums? Were you trying to get to /gif/ but your little unused brain burned out before you could type two more letters?

Attached: 19267127.jpg (460x460, 44K)

Attached: 1520891338766.png (633x758, 34K)

Attached: HiddenBigIrishwolfhound-size_restricted.gif (377x289, 3.61M)

>LaTeX
>Vim
Anything more is just jewish trickery.