What's it like to be so poor that you actually feel proud to brag about being able to afford $2 a day?

What's it like to be so poor that you actually feel proud to brag about being able to afford $2 a day?

Attached: 1522596507367.png (832x1003, 616K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: When someone posts an image of a news article with no link.png (1522x974, 750K)

Pretty good considering how most people here can't even afford that, having to settle for an inferior chinese/indian copy.

Android pajeets are too poor to afford iPhones which are made for people on the poverty line income. s m h . t b h . f a m

>t. poorfag

t. poofag

>What's it like to be so poor that you actually feel proud to brag about being able to afford $2 a day?
Probably like this.

Attached: indian-boy-using-an-iphone-5-gwalior-madhya-pradesh-india-d7yktj.jpg (346x540, 41K)

The point isn't being able to afford one, the point is being stupid enough to do so.

I'm not a money-grubbing beak-nose, but I'd rather have a thousand bucks to spend on something non-retarded than buy an iPhone. Yeah, it's technically not difficult to afford one, but it's a mind-numbingly stupid purchase.

How will iPoojeets ever recover?

Rich people who want to brag buy expensive cars to show off.
Poor people who want to brag buy iPhones to show off.

IPOORS BTFO

I know this meme, but I never see any Apple fags actually bragging about their shit, where did this meme come from?

They don't. They let the actual luxury brand item speak for them. The people they want to associate with would only be the people that can identify those items on sight, as anyone too poor to afford them aren't the kind of company an applefag would want to keep. It goes for all luxury brand items, like shoes, clothes, handbags, etc. You carry the item and let people that can identify them on sight be jealous that you have one and they don't.

>luxury brand item
>$2 a day lease

Attached: images.jpg (225x224, 7K)

For $1000 I would rather buy a notebook, which is more capable device.

iPoors B T F O

I live in a major metropolitan city, and I've noticed that business types usually own blackberries and android phones, and the older guys who are close or retired usually have iPhone 4 if they own an apple product at all. It's usually females that own the newest iPhone. And needless to say, I've found iPhones much more popular among lower income types. T. An autist who is always looking at what phone people are using.

>I've found iPhones much more popular among lower income types
Same. Can't walk two feet into a walmart without bumping into a nog holding out their iPoverty badge with the screen off and pretending to use it.

This.

>t. assblasted itoddler

Stop talking sensable

Same here. Showing off your new iPhones is for consumerist shills = the lower classes of Prolo chavs around here; all friends that hold higher degrees of education sport either some old Galaxy S4 or iPhone 5C, or other no-name Android phones. It's not about being able to afford spending 1000$ for your phone or not, but WHAT ELSE you'd rather spend it on.

$1000 is $1000 and you're retarded if you think otherwise. Would you be cool with paying $2 a day if the overall price would be $2k? $5k? I hope you see why you're retarded now.

>Implying Android phones wouldn't be even cheaper on a carrier lease

Not really seeing your point here. Any phone is dirt cheap on a monthly lease. Hell, any phone is cheap if you spend time saving ahead for it, like if I wanted the next big Samsung phone a year ahead of time, I could save $2/day and buy it on release day with a wireless charger and case. Not that I'd ever buy any phone in it's first 6 months anyway, that's just asking for trouble.

Whether or not you think an item that can be bought on a lease that ends up being affordable when spread out over a long enough timeline is a luxury brand item is irrelevant. Apple products are seen by the general public as luxury brand items. I could lease a BMW for less than a reasonable restaurant meal per day, guess that means BMW isn't a luxury brand.

I'd rather enjoy my coffee thanks.

The only way I see apple as a poverty brand is for people who can't afford to think.

who cares? apple is trash

>t. Poorfag

RIP us iBro's, how did we get anally fucked for this long?

I have a android but know wealthy people who own their own houses that have cheap models, and poorer 18 year old women who have everything apple, rich people are normally tighter with cash shopping at lidl etc.

If you can afford $1000 in rent, there's no reason you shouldn't be throwing an iPhone in your blender once a month.

People who think 'it's only x dollars a day' are the eternally poor. That's how any business tries to squeeze money out of you, because idiots always fall for it. Insurance, charities, payment plans for retail purchases, media subscriptions, food etc. If you don't budget you're never going to make it.

>food
So rich people don't eat, huh? I knew it

But what if I would rather have the coffee than the phone?

I'm just going to leave this here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption

How will iPoors ever recover?

You're fucking retarded

what a hero; saved

look at all this shitposting of a poor pajeet who's mad at Apple and posts this shit every day.

kek!

get a job, shithead, and then you'll be able to afford their phones.

Attached: 1508325162920.jpg (994x1717, 160K)

>t. poorfag

They can't.

Kys we don't provide free "clicks" to them.

famalam

I never understood this "I guess you're a poorfag if you can't afford it" meme. If I have a lot of money, why should I throw it away on status symbols? This is the same mentality of poor white trash who wins the lottery then ends up bankrupt in under a decade and stupid niggers who have no concept of personal worth besides making useless purchases for the explicit purpose of raising their perceived worth.

There's no such thing as having enough money to waste it on frivolous garbage. If you want to waste your money, invest in a hobby that brings you joy instead of some gay chinkphone that's exactly the same as all the other gay chinkphones but marked up to put off the perception that you're wealthy.

Because iToddlers are literally 12 and $2 a day is a lot of money to them.

thistbhfam

I haven't seen a single unironic Apple shill thread, there's a pajeet apple hate thread AT LEAST once a day, on a bad day, at least 3.

I'd rather use that money for sli then being a phonecuck with a terrible apple phone

The reality is a big part of the itard crowd are in their early 20s, with no savings, student loans, and are lucky if they can afford rent after panhandling on tumblr. These are people that should be thinking about mortgages not phones and coffee, which is much funnier imo than dumb 12 year olds.

>le apple is expensive meme
>implying you can't buy a dirt cheap iPhone 6 at an apple store

Guys
Guys
GUYS
I've just had this revolutionary thought.

What if you just buy the phone you want?

Yes if you save 2 dollars a day you can afford an iphone in a year and a half

Or you could buy a decent android for a third of that

>thinking about mortgages
here in Sydney mortgages are 12.2x average salary which is roughly double the min wage most people my age earn. So that's 24.4 years salary to have that house assuming they save their entire paycheck. Now realistically they will be down 85% of their pay from tax, rent, food and transport alone. This leaves them enough, at full time, to have one or two nice things on repayment plans and to have a drink or eat out with friends (at cheap places) every so often. On top of that they have ~60-80k student debt if they went to uni. In other words, even though I am a loner who lives frugal and saves, really don't blame them for their lifestyle. We're fucked.

That's over more than a year and at the end of it you still don't have the right to try and repair it yourself
TRASHED

It's not that I don't sympathize with situations like that to some degree, but at some point you have to abandon that crazy ship before you're 60 and have nothing to your name. I don't live in a cheap area but it took working full time through college, living with my parents for 3 years after college, and driving shitboxes to get here. But being 25 and having a house is a much better status symbol than the $35k cars my friends have shitty loans on.

If yall think phone payments are getting silly take a look at car loans. 84+month loans are becoming super common so anyone can afford the new car they don't need.

I do agree that people do generally spend too frivolously. I just disagree that they should swing right the other way and live a grim, desolate life in pursuit of things that the market and greater society have effectively barred them from. Honestly even if I had the money, I'd feel morally wrong to buy into this ponzi scheme at other's expense. I just hope that I can balance a reasonable lifestyle and my own little savings of $5-8k/year or so and wait for this to crash. Either through policy, market forces or unrest, something has got to give in the next 10-15 years. There is a huge generational problem on the verge right now and I know its not just us experiencing it.

But i don't need a 1000 dollars vibrator.

>the ABSOLUTE state of iPeasants