/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
>DO NOT OVERCLOCK ON RYZEN 2000 SERIES
If you are on the new X470 or B450 platforms letting precision boost 2 do its job gets better performance
If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO Core i7/5/3 7000 series. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>NO Ryzen 1000 series. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY THE Ryzen 2000 SERIES
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming WITH/WITHOUT a graphics card (Low end)
>R5 2600X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPU (Mid range)
>R7 2700X - Best gaming CPU / VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (High end)
>TR 1950X/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (HEDT)

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 4GB, $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Attached: 1516292398742.png (392x309, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/zH2t8Y
pcpartpicker.com/list/4tXJfH
pcpartpicker.com/list/4XywzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/kpnW3b
youtube.com/watch?v=lNRQZkYB0ns
youtube.com/watch?v=A4PEgofGfz4
pcpartpicker.com/list/pjYVcY
techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/4
pcpartpicker.com/list/wvVrr6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll be moving to Germany and in the EU it's like 19%+ sales tax on electronics and the cost is higher to start with

give me ppp link for a PC build with 1080 ti + 8700k for my faggot friend

I'm too lazy to search/look up the other parts

Why is the OP post always so shit? How is this allowed?

literal amdrone op, ditched.

>How is this allowed?

Attached: 1502055755975.png (672x794, 343K)

You know you are going to stay here and be incredibly butthurt.

>1060s, 570, and 580 selling like pancakes way above MSRP
It is like you enjoy being raped in the ass, why are you so childish that you can't wait a bit longer to upgrade your card? If you stop buying they will be forced to drop the prices faster to what corresponds so everyone can enjoy it, but no, you keep buying.

Attached: 1513641801446.jpg (612x456, 54K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/zH2t8Y

>pcpartpicker.com/list/zH2t8Y
are you trolling or something?

Who said anything about Intel? One of the things I'm referring to is recommending learning from Bitwit.

Who in their right fucking mind would recommend learning PC stuff from someone like him?

Retards learn form other retards

I'm strangely satisfied with this answer

pcpartpicker.com/list/4tXJfH
Thoughts on this build?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4XywzY

$300 more but literally everything was wrong with your build and it took $300 to fix it.

Your case is macfag tier, and be ready to do a bios update on your mobo

Shit monitor

is the Acer XF240H a good budget 144Hz monitor for fps gaming (TF2/Overwatch/QC), idc about FreeSync/GSync but it should be
- 90° rotatable
- not smaller/bigger than 23"/25"
- at least 144Hz
- colors quality is irrelevant

Best X399 mobo? Price is not an issue.

What's a better monitor?

So just wondering in average amd and nvidia releases their newer card around every 2 years?

by false info in order to shill a platform supposed to cheaper and better, when it's worse and pricier? Sure, I get triggered a lot. "ditched" meant "not considering anything read here worth a dime". Hard to understand for a drone believing "muuh more cores = better cpu". Lmao. Delid it more.

based r/AyMMD poster, advertising is against the rules

Why should I use W7 over W10 in 2018?

I though you said you were leaving

AYYAMO FOULEEE
AYYAMO FEYLEEE
AYAMO DROWNEE
HELP ME TO BREEEAATH

never did and not him anyways. Amdrone with 1 iq point

thanks for using lain

Any va panel

hey guys, i'm thinking of a new build but i'm wondering what's going to happen with video card prices.
currently my understanding is all the normies are buying up any and all stock of video cards worth half a damn so they can mine memecoins. is this going to change any time soon? am i overstating their impact? is it wiser to wait or are things only going to get worse?

can u explain why I cannot find any 144hz 1080p 24" with VA?

Recommend me a mobo for Ryzen 2700x.

Disqualifying features:
-LEDs apart from statuss/troubleshooting indicators
-bad, non-finned heatsinks
-plastic shrouds impeding airflow

Should I go for Windows 10 Home or Pro? Is it literally impossible to run a VM with Home?

Check the recommended monitors from op's link

Attached: 1480528035650.jpg (1277x1065, 983K)

If the LEDs can be turned off would that be acceptable?

what is the lowest i can go to build a moderately powerful PC that can run 60fps on all games

1) you can't
2) what resolution?
3) what is your bidget?
4) stop being retarded and read the info in the first post

No. I don't want cancer inside my PC case.

ugh. thanks you useless fuck

you can look up builds that include specific components. just choose those two things. choose one in his budget.

What is a good mid ATX case? Been leanin towards an NZXT or Fractal Meshify even though I know they get a lot of shit. Open to suggestions. Prefer a covered PSU/shroud. Also looking for 140mm fan suggestions.
pcpartpicker.com/list/kpnW3b

just noticed a scratch on my IPS panel.
any life hacks to deal with it?
I had to shift the monitor to the right a bit since it's not visible when looking from an off angle.

>LED
search for pics with them turned off. On the Crosshair VII you have the stealth option, wich turns every single led off, including the code read-out display and leds. Or you can turn the glam leds only. I'm sure gigabyte and msi boards have similar options. Dissing motherboards for having stuff which you could turn off effortlessly is retarded.

The only motherboard with finned heatsink is the aorus gaming 7 x470. If that's what you deem a priority go for it. I'd say the Taichi ultimate or the Crosshair VII are better options though, but it looks like you're looking for confirmation bias support rather than advice.

buff it out

mind you that the Aorus Gaming 7 VRM generates 15w @125a, 1.42v for a full ~4.3 OC on the 2700x, and 12w for the 100a, 1.42v needed for a Ryzen 1 4ghz OC
youtube.com/watch?v=lNRQZkYB0ns

while the better vrm on the crosshair makes it put out 13w at the same 125a, 142v. Or 22w at the most extreme 1.85v, 200a
youtube.com/watch?v=A4PEgofGfz4

a blocky piped heatsink is more than enough for that, especially considering the better compnents

Attached: c7fa5590d2.png (1337x745, 1.58M)

thanks for the rundown buildzoid

Attached: 1505139943882.jpg (250x241, 12K)

some pretty rabid ayymd niggers on this board eh?

How big is too big for a flat 16:9 monitor?
I have an ancient 28" and I want to go bigger. I'm sitting about 2 feet/arms length away. I'm considering a 42.5" that's coming out soon (436M6VBPAB).

28-32" is what i'd consider to be the upper limit at that distance. You need to be especially careful of brightness settings as even meh tier screens will look like the centre of the sun when the brightness/backlight is turned up to high.

your neck will start to hate you over time

Case doesn't have the best airflow.
860 Evo is out, and can be bought for cheaper than that.
3200 CL14 RAM
That's a pretty poor deal for a 1060
1080p is a pretty low resolution for 27"

What should I replace my old drives with?

I have a new M.2, 2 SSDs and 4 HDDs of varying age, anywhere between 4-1 years old.

I was considering 2x6TB green drives and just clean the SSDs, and shelf the HDDs, but that seems like a waste.

But they are also taking up too much fucking room in my case and the older ones are making me nervous with their slow read speeds.

Attached: 919gpDf+-vL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 24K)

Is this from experience?

i'm a fucking brainlet and can't figure out if i can install windows 7 on machine with ryzen
the opinions in the internet are contradictig each other
i have a fucking original dvd and internal dvd drive, what will prevent me from installing windows 7 on machine, BIOS incompatibility ?
>inb4 install gentoo & install windoes 10
FUCK OFF

Attached: 1503415988829.jpg (267x297, 24K)

Why is AMD shilling now allowed in the OP but Intel isn't?
Lmao the smell of reddit on OP is astounding

Install dual boot Windows10/gentoo

user, use 2200G or 2400G for cheap gayming machine it will werk fine

A SHAME YOU SEEMED AN HONEST MAN

how about you dual boot a morning star in your ass ?
did anyone tried installing windows 7 from dvd ? on ryzen 2xxx apu ?

Fuck these AMDshilling cunts
Not a single one of them will admit to the fact that Raven Ridge is outright broken to this day (Windows 10 crashing with clockwork regularity, Linux not even booting at all) and Pinnacle Ridge is all kind of fucked for ESXi, Xen, and Hyper-V. They never fixed the scheduler issue on Windows 10 for any of the Zen architecture CPUs either, so you're still dealing with suboptimal multi-threaded scaling in actual applications and games.

see
:&)

>SSD: 250 GB NVMe vs 500 GB SATA

So I have this dilemma. Is it really worth it to pay much more for the sake of higher speeds? I mean, the SATA one still will be few times faster than my current HDD, so it seems it would be a better choice to just get more space for the money. But maybe I'm wrong.

I need it only for gaming, some basic programming and other college related stuff.

>shill is a pajeet

Attached: 2jdu28hw9dh.png (120x90, 3K)

So I got ahead of myself yesterday and ordered the R7 2700X and the X470 Taichi and some more components. Overall I'm pretty content with my drunk self for actually ordering good parts but I haven't really checked the reviews for the X470 Taichi yet. Is it good or should I send it back and order a different board?

Depends what you do with it, and what your systems specs are. The NVMe SSDs can be up to 8x faster than SATA SSDs, so it really just depends if you can use that speed.

When loading games and apps, booting windows etc, the load times depend where the bottlenecks are, and that depends on your CPU/RAM and how demanding these games/apps are on load times.

Some games do not see any benefit at all, typically complex engines that require a lot of initialization of a lot of entities tend to be CPU limited, so even decent CPUs see no benefit.

Other games that are more data heavy like say streaming in all the seabed of Subnautica which is notoriously intensive on the drive speed see's huge gains.

So it depends. My latest rig I had a big budget for so I just throw a couple of 960 Pros in RAID0 and I've not regretted that. NVMe IMO is worth it, a smaller drive may mean you have to shuffle large games about from time to time which is not really a big deal especially if you mostly use steam or an app that can move install dirs.

all u can possibly reply is memes to justify buying a meme platform which is still inferior in every aspect besides muh 50 seconds enconding time and muh compression time. In the lowest point of intel to date. Imagine when they'll release the next gen of cpus. Lmao.

>implying it isn't counter shilling
that bastard who was promoting the 8400 seems to have left. Confirmed, it was a one month contract.

>Imagine when they'll release the next gen of cpus
i can image that intel will need new cocket and will have new extra spectre variants :^)

pcpartpicker.com/list/pjYVcY
Revised my build a little. Also I'm a troglodyte, can you please explain to me what's wrong with the ram I picked out?

god damn you idiot.
literally the other way around.
3fps less in games , at 1080 with a 1080ti,vs 30% + processing time saved on heavy MT benches while still favoring productivity tasks anywhere from 10% over to 300%
Your buyer's remorse is showing so blatantly.

if you think that 300% remark was an exaggeration.

Attached: 300% +.png (683x301, 15K)

Hey guys, my GPU w broke yesterday and I don't know whether I should buy a new GPU or a new machine.

I have a Xeon 1230v2.. would it bottleneck a 1070?

nice photoshop

Some games yes, some games no.

Zen has dedicated hardware for it. Encryption is lightning fast on zen.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/pjYVcY
nothing wrong with ram, 300cl15 is solid.
the build is pretty decent as well.
The only thing is that I THINK WD reorganized all their color lines, and that 7200 blue must a be quite old stock if I'm remembering correctly, blues should be 5400 now. So, maybe you should double check that.

>techreport
>it's a shoop
absolute state of denial.
techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/4

Attached: 1524494894700.png (653x726, 84K)

plis delid it.
dis can't be true.

Attached: 1497025286850.png (1070x601, 495K)

Do Freesync or G sync cause any sort of input lag? Im seeing different answers everywhere i look. I think there was a linus vid that showed with V-sync off G-sync comes out on top.

I figured i had to go for one of those technologies but if they cause too much input lag idk

Some sources saying none at all, 6ms, 20ms.

Phoneposting

Just upgraded my hardware to an i5 8400, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4 RAM and new MoBo. But I'm still rocking an RX 480 from a few years ago. Is it worth upgrading the GPU as well or are the insane prices not worth it these days? If it is worth it, what would you recommend for no more than $500? Or would it be better waiting a couple more years for new generation cards since there isn't really anything right now that would justify a new card since the RX 480 is performing fine for most games still.

Gsync and freesync - in simple terms - exist to replace vsync, there is no additional lag involved.

>taking Jow Forums seriously

I need a VPN concentrator and fuck paying $5k for one that can handle 100 simultaneous connections at once (all I need is support for 15 VPN tunnels at most).
What is the best CPU option for this task?
Here are some more details
>8 users (1 IPSec, 7 OpenVPN SSL tunnels)
>IPSec user will use about 5Mbps, the other 7 will vary wildly between 100kbps to 100Mbps
>I may need to add another IPSec client on my end and up to 5 more OpenVPN clients in the near future

Attached: 1525524054529.jpg (950x712, 275K)

So I finished my build, got everything running. Using a Cat6 ethernet cable on a pci-e Gigabit connection, but I keep running into a situation where I get an error on Chrome: A Network Change has Occurred.

I check my Network Device Adapters and its telling me I'm losing DNS. Gigabit pci-e card was working fine on old tower and it even does it when I'm on wifi. Any suggestions?

>NOT taking Jow Forums seriously.

Attached: anime-watamote.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Daily dose

Attached: pcgamer.png (600x774, 164K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/wvVrr6

So my old computer has weezed it's last. What do you all think of this set up. I already have a 1070. I also already have a heatsink, but I am not sure if it will fit the new rig.

Attached: partlist1.png (1619x728, 79K)

>Just upgraded my hardware to an i5 8400
No, you did not upgrade.

Attached: 1493333384327.jpg (500x628, 50K)

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080_0.png (500x970, 47K)

thanks for proving my point.
10% in games, with a 1080ti and not your 1050ti, vs 300%

1% for 4k

Attached: perfrel_3840_2160.png (500x970, 47K)

dat cinebench though...

Attached: cinebench_multi.png (500x970, 45K)

Its a budget gaming cpu and that is all it is good at

1% better in gayms (ONLY when with a motherfucking 1k dollars graphics card) vs 35% worse (vs the 2600) in everything else.
Only idiots would choose it.

Attached: genshiken2_10_baka_bakka.jpg (704x396, 32K)

I don't see why you are recommending a 2700x instead of a 8700k. I personally don't give a shit about either companies but from all the benchmarks I've seen, Intel seems to be the better choice for gaming.

Nah i need 400 fps in cs go and ryzen cant do thay