/csg/ Chink Shit General

In /csg/, we discuss the cheap shit you see on Gearbest, Taobao, AliExpress, Banggood, eBay and similar sites.

>IRC channel
qchat.rizon.net/?channels=/csg/
#/csg/ on rizon

>Discord link
discord.gg/bUJ3VGM

>Chink Shit Randomiser
chinkshit.xyz/random/

>Chink Shit Wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general

>Chink Shit Infographic
chinkshit.xyz/infographic.pdf

>News
• The cables on user's new Yinyoo broke • user organizes his keys using chink shit • user got some thermoplastic and a steel mortar and pestle • user finds out you can mod the Chuwi Hi10 Pro with additional speakers • user receives Orico USB hub and some chink earbuds • user's new Moomin mug shows up, is probably legit • Halefall posts progress being made on new CSG art and it's coming together real nicely • user is happy with his Kingdian SSD • user reviews a bunch of stuff Previous thread

Attached: csg mitu by halefall.png (1081x889, 1.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jYLU1aVP4Zg
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180506111827&SearchText=Crystal Wand Massage
aliexpress.com/item/KingDian-USB-3-0-flash-drive-128GB-U-key-U-Disk-for-laptop-tablet-PC/32853535595.html
aliexpress.com/item/Oneodio-Bluetooth-Headphones-With-Microphone-Sport-Stereo-4-1-Bluetooth-Headphone-Earphone-For-Phone-Xiaomi-Wireless/32789954963.html
aliexpress.com/item/32-16-Bit-VFD-Module-Screen-Panel-Diy-Kit-Graphical-Lattice-SCM-Vacuum-Fluorescent-Display-LCD/32798016189.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4yuSBgBC35I
xiaomionline.aliexpress.com/store/2178148
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is it usable if you don't know if you're measuring an area that extends outside of the object you want to measure?
how do correlate the distance to the size of the object being measured? are you better at accurately measure the size of an object at a known distance (when you probably cant even identify the materials), than taking a guess at the distance you are and dividing it by 12? how does knowing the exact distance benefit the user in any way besides knowing the indicated temperature measurement is wrong?
>Are you genuinely retarded or just pretending?
are you?

Fuck

How are ROCK Y series (1,2,5 etc) compared to Zircons? They are all around the same price.

What are some good, cheap Bluetooth IEMs with decent battery life (8+ hours)?

I bought some baseus shits for $2 just because but now my main earbuds died so I need something sturdy to replace them with, can you recommend something that will last more than a year for around $10?

Zircons are going for $9 right now btw.

zircons are pretty good, don't know about the Ys

It's not particularly csg, but I want to order it from the chinks on ebay because it's the cheapest.

So I want to update the wifi in my laptop to 5 ghz and ac. Currently it has a wireless n card and only 1 antenna. If I got pic related, will I need another antenna or will it work with 1 just fine? If it does, how much slower will it be?

What's a realistic real life connection speed on ac/5 ghz anyway? I know wireless n on 2.4 ghz maxes out at 90 mbps, even though the theoretical speed is 150 mbps.

Attached: 1507992103959.jpg (1001x1001, 92K)

>realistic real life connection speed on ac/5 ghz anyway
nvm, found it

Attached: 1524064669534.png (1328x290, 37K)

WHEN WILL THE INFOGRAPHIC BE UPDATED REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: bqQAizp4.jpg (540x413, 24K)

Is there a updated yeelight led strip? I want it to pair with my yeelight bulb.

Holy shit dude, you are completely lost. The good ones with dual lasers indicate the diameter of the area it is measuring. If the dots are on the object, and you have just a tiny amount of brain capacity so you can visualize a circle that hits these two points, then you will know if you are only measuring the thing you want to measure.

>Can't ship to Mexico
That's a load of barnacles

Who ever posted this on the previous thread, im gonna need the sause or other similar to it please

Attached: 1525602621716.webm (960x540, 1.72M)

Anybody know any good chink herb vaporizers?

here you go user
youtu.be/jYLU1aVP4Zg

Herbstick is ok

Question for this user Did you find other patterns?
I've been looking for the same thing, but the only fabric ones I found on ali are the 3 'Modern' ones and I'm not a fan of the patterns.

Got them yesterday.

Sound is ok I guess. I think I need to get an amp. Bass is there but I don't feel amazing listening to them. Maybe I was expecting too much while I was waiting for them for a month.

Comfy af. The pads are so soft.

Isolation is great.

Design is lit af.

I hate how they turn 90 degrees or something, whenever I pick them up they turn I have have to solve a minigame to bring them to the right position, and I am always scared that I will break them.

Detachable cable is a very big plus. They also come with 2 cables. Also you can have 2 cables connected at once to 2 different devices and listen to music from both of them at the same time. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. It is just a thing I guess.

The box is nice, I am going to keep it. They also came with a bag, which is shown in the pic.

Where they worth the 29 euros I had to pay for them? Yes, totally.

Where they worth the one month of waiting and the 24 euros I had to pay extra to get them out of customs? Fuck no.

Attached: oneaudio.jpg (1442x811, 724K)

The herbstick is garbage. Go check the fuckcombustion thread on it. I posted some pics there. Buy something with a proven isolated path.

>order from taobao
>delivery charge is 100x the price
every fucking time

That's why you shouldn't buy items from taobao that you can get easily from aliexpress or ebay.

first time I'm gonna order from taobao, is Pruany a good agent?

>you can have 2 cables connected at once to 2 different devices and listen to music from both of them at the same time. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. It is just a thing I guess.
Kek. Tfw I was thinking about getting them as the trafic noise outside my apartment during daytime is a bit much for my snapheisers. I think they're 40 jewroos from amazon, and I risk getting taxed if I buy them from the chinaman..

After my experience, if I could do it again, I would just buy some that cost 50 euros and have them in my house in a week tops rather than deal with the custom's bullshit.

lol, thanks to the randomizer I discovered there is a whole market for stone dildos
aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20180506111827&SearchText=Crystal Wand Massage

Attached: 814g-Natural-Black-Obsidian-Crystal-Magic-Body-Wand-Massage-7-inches-Pennis-Kegel-Yoni-Adult-Sexy.jp (1000x1000, 166K)

> Also you can have 2 cables connected at once to 2 different devices and listen to music from both of them at the same time. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. It is just a thing I guess.
I guess it's a good thing since you can connect another pair of earphones. They're supposed to be for "DJs", but as you described them, it might be aimed for deaf DJs.
I found, and ordered pic related, they were a bit cheaper iirc. Will review when I get em

Attached: oneodio.png (616x616, 319K)

> but as you described them, it might be aimed for deaf DJs.

I mean, they might actually be good. I never owned expensive good headphones, so I have nothing to compare them too. Maybe I was expecting too much.

hello /csg/
I have recently snagged a fully working unused Surface Pro 3 with haslel i7 and 8GB ram for mere $150, although it has one little quirk, as it doesn't detect the battery at all. I have already ordered a new battery from the chinks and I'll try to replace it myself.

So here's my question, since I remember some anons buying 18650 battery boxes with integrated buck converters. Does any of you know about about such boxes that could output 12V? I saw some like that, but their 12V output was rather poor. I'd need [email protected] output capabilities, but I'm pretty sure 2A would do as well.
Counting on ya gentoomen.

I think this might need to be a DIY job. An automotive regulator would work and motorcycle ones should be fairly compact.

Attached: 1496205419756.jpg (576x548, 56K)

>24 euros custom hostage money

holy fuck are you in the netherlands? Same shit, but for my Takstar 82

>indicate the diameter of the area it is measuring. If the dots are on the object, and you have just a tiny amount of brain capacity so you can visualize a circle that hits these two points, then you will know if you are only measuring the thing you want to measure.
its still the average of that whole area, which grows linearly with distance at a rate of 12 (just like single laser ones), unless you can find perfect objects that either heat up the whole surface area by the same amount or occupy the averaging area evenly (and im not even taking into account the "determine the whole area emissivity" at a distance from the reader). the user still needs to know this and that the whole focused area will be averaged focused will be averaged.
again, ill point out that the only thing those dual lasers do differently is pointing out that "30cm is the good distance", something anyone that knows how these meters work already knows, but will probably make brainlet users sad once they find out they still wont get even slightly valid readings when using those thing to measure a lamp on the ceiling or why a piece of metal reads so hot when its cold as ice.
>Holy shit dude, you are completely lost.
you keep mentioning object when in fact its an area that is being measured, regardless of whats in front of the frostrum, and you havent even made any valid points regarding the advantage of having dual laser ones vs regular ones, so im not entirely sure on whos lost or out of arguments. perhaps you would like to clarify me on that too?

Nop, Greece,

>automotive regulator
hm, can you shoot me a link to what that might be? I'm not a pro on automotive stuff. thanks for ideas user

>boxes
the quidian qd188 supposedly can do 12v@2a, but im not entirely sure on the stability of the output or its durability
alternatively you could go the /diy/ route and make your own using a cheap buck regulator and a battery management system for a bunch of 18650 in series

thanks, I'll look into that. I have some 4s Li ion BMS lying around but it's pretty hard to balance those cells, especially when I intend on making it 2x4s, meaning two parallel cells in series of four.

I need to buy something cool. Maybe something related to home automation. I've got plenty of Xiaomi botnet things.

Any ideas?

>and the 24 euros I had to pay extra to get them out of customs
The fuck?

I have the same and I think they sound pretty nice, I have noticed that they sound less than my chink IEMs so they might need an amp but I've never own one so I don't really know either.

21% VAT + 10-15 euros for administration costs

Ask Windatica in the discord, he's the man behind the infographic.

>point out that the only thing those dual lasers do differently is pointing out that "30cm is the good distance"
You are one dense fucker. I'll try again, just in case I'll get an even more hilarious reply. The lasers on the good ones indicate the edge of the area that is being measured. If you can't see how that can be useful, then you should sincerely reevaluate your own existence.

As a Greek it must hurt to pay taxes. All that money just evaporates into corruption.

This is pretty much the average experience when buying chink shit for europeans.

Only packages with a value below 22 euro (about 26 trump bux) can be imported for free, above 22€ it's either VAT or VAT + import taxes (and admin fees)

the exact numbers might vary a bit for each country, but it's largely the same system

Greek living in Holland. My sister in Greece paid 37 euros for customs for her 108 xiaomishit note 4x I got her as a gift. I paid 24 euros for my 51 euro takstar 82 pro in Holland.

I got both at a discount, so I'm not that mad t b h.

meant for

>If you can't see how that can be useful, then you should sincerely reevaluate your own existence.
so your point is that it doesnt fix anything mentioned on and that it also doesnt provide the user with any new info, i can already estimate the distance to the target area pretty well if its higher than 30cm and _know_ that the measurement is wrong, like i pointed out in all of my previous replies to your ?
nice, i guess, that you finally agree with me. i still dont get what point you tried to convey on your previous replies, but ok
>You are one dense fucker.
here, ill quote myself
>im not entirely sure on whos lost or out of arguments

A small update on , black 32GB Kingspec ssds

All three ssds are now installed and working in various unimportant linux machines around the property, and I've saved the smartctl outputs from all of them so I can compare later

Curious bit one: one of them shows zero hardware ecc recoveries, one shows 42 and the third was in the hundreds, and they are only a couple days old. So we'll see what happens there

Curious bit two: they seem to have working temperature sensors, whereas my blue 32GB Kingspec always shows 25C

Curious bit three: the blue Kingspec doesn't even have the hardware ecc number in its smart data? I guess the most accurate conclusion here is that chink smart data is a bit wonky at best.

Attached: IMG_3000.jpg (1600x1200, 490K)

Why didn't the xiaomi shipped tax free with DHL to Europe?

cause there's always a chance you might get it scot free, DHL costs like 22 euros

Cheaper than 37€, and the shipping time with dhl is only 6-7 days max usually 2-4 days :)

I also got a xiaomi 4A for my mum, she didn't get any customs crap (Greece).

TFW supplied the whole family with memephones I saw on /csg/

Like I said there's always a chance you can get it without customs interfering

>it auto powers off if you leave it idle for too long.
most t12 clones do, 1st enter low temp mode where a shake of the handle will ramp it up again, if not it, 2ndly, enter in dormant/sleep mode where no power is drawn and you have to click on the rotary encoder to wake it up

It's like playing the lottery, I'd rather pay 22€ to some chinks and dhl then the Danish postal service.

Yeah, dude, you're totally right. Dual lasers are completely useless by your arbitrary standards.

>All three ssds are now installed and working in various unimportant linux machines around the property
Newfag to linux here.
I'm planning on changing from win10 to Mint, and I have to back up some files. Do you recommend it for that, or how's pic related if you happen to know? here's the link
aliexpress.com/item/KingDian-USB-3-0-flash-drive-128GB-U-key-U-Disk-for-laptop-tablet-PC/32853535595.html

Attached: kingdian128.png (564x577, 256K)

Wait. Can I attach a microphone on the second audio jack and have it working?

no idea. It seems it's in case you want it wired. Maybe it could work, but I'll have to wait until I get it to test it. Here's the link if you're interested
aliexpress.com/item/Oneodio-Bluetooth-Headphones-With-Microphone-Sport-Stereo-4-1-Bluetooth-Headphone-Earphone-For-Phone-Xiaomi-Wireless/32789954963.html

>arbitrary
>failure to make his case
good show. but please, do feel free to prove that anything ive posted is wrong (or just my opinion or whatever you are trying to imply), i will certainly appreciate it

Are you a newfag to computing as well? You should have backups already, haven't you made any?

I haven't got the meme usb sticks so I don't have experience with those. What I'd recommend for backups is probably an external harddrive from a reputable brand. But I guess if you don't have that much data a flash drive would also be fine, though I'd still recommend a 'western' brand.

How can I prove anything. You're trying to refute my points with shit like
>hurr durr I just guess the distance to shit and divide shit by a factor that depends on the specific instrument I'm using
Which is OBVIOUSLY as easy as looking at two fucking dots.

>Are you a newfag to computing as well? You should have backups already, haven't you made any?
I know that, but whenever I try to buy one, I can't choose one, and I just forget about it.
I know I should because I've already the problem of losing everything in my laptop once.

Attached: 1489691710517.png (500x430, 47K)

>having those two points on a surface gives you an accurate measurement
this has been you case ever since , i mean, if its is not, then why would you reply to with it, and use all those subsequent replies?
this is the 3rd time im quoting myself
>im not entirely sure on whos lost or out of arguments
but please, do go on on explaining how having two lights shine on a surface improves anything

Which one do you use?

This made me laugh

Attached: mfwfedora.png (1287x879, 988K)

Can I buy one of these on Ali?

Attached: vfd.jpg (1530x742, 137K)

wew, that a big vfd, me likes. whats the power input like on that? also, link please

Recommended Bluetooth iems?

>"I'm already rock-hard baby"

Attached: images.jpg (220x229, 14K)

Around 500mA (at 5V, the module has an integrated boost converter)

aliexpress.com/item/32-16-Bit-VFD-Module-Screen-Panel-Diy-Kit-Graphical-Lattice-SCM-Vacuum-Fluorescent-Display-LCD/32798016189.html

Just cease breathing. I'm impressed your brain capacity is sufficient to even do that. The lasers let you know what you're measuring. I never implied otherwise, but you're just too fucking stupid to realize.
It's a useful tool, which is why it exists. Funny how you get fucking luddites on what is supposed to be a technology board.

where do I get one of these
youtube.com/watch?v=4yuSBgBC35I

Jesus fuck I've never seen one that was so high res, most I've seen are about 20 huge LEDs.
One YT comment said it was 5000 hkd, which is about 650 USD.

I don't. But I would check fuckcombustion for the latest memes and make sure to get something with a clean / fully separated vapor path (and don't trust the manufacturer blindly). It will be a lot more than $20. You might be able to find something cheaper that doesn't give off fumes like the herbstick eco.
You could get a $60 vapcap, but you might not like it, and it gives off a bit of a methhead vibe.

>the module has an integrated boost converter
oh, thats actually quite nice.
thx for the link

>The lasers let you know what you're measuring.
categorically wrong, on every level
>I never implied otherwise
yes you did, on all your replies. hell, you are doing it right now
>It's a useful tool
subjectively wrong, it fixes none of the problems laser thermometers have
>which is why it exists
wrong again, it exists to extort more money from people who dont know how laser thermometers work by selling them the illusion they will get more accurate measurements when in fact the results are the same. quoting myself, yet again, its just marketing wank
>Funny how you get fucking luddites on what is supposed to be a technology board.
adding an additional light to an instrument and charging a higher price for it, when it fixes no problems the version with just one light has, is not a tech achievement. but i do find it funny that you think it is
>Just cease breathing. I'm impressed your brain capacity is sufficient to even do that.
>you're just too fucking stupid to realize
i was about to quote myself for the 4th time, but im afraid of the mental state it might put you in.
do keep it coming, tho

That can't be real.

Attached: 1348262225152.jpg (500x375, 135K)

You are not right in the head m8.

Guys, stop fighting.

Do you know where you are?

Attached: 1497827036349.png (443x73, 8K)

Oh yes this is the big hype lately. You need a torch thou. I might get it

Ah. Makes sense. Could you get a trip so I can avoid your retarded posts more easily? Such a drag to scroll pasts your inane ramblings.

This is basically the same principle that makes the color wheel (that turns white when you spin it) work.

nice irrelevant post you got there. but im afraid you are wrong, yet again, and have given some user a (you). kudos on being wrong so many times, its quite the achievement

Yeah, it really depends on what you want. They probably get shilled a bit too much. I much prefer something you can just turn on and hit and be done.

My point was that you're stupid faggot who saves garbage from a safespace for faggots so you should just trip like the other faggots. You would fit right in.

is there an official xiaomi store on ali or do i pick one and pray?

Attached: mi.png (425x395, 5K)

So... it is real, I don't know what to say, my mind is blown.

Attached: 1353414872524.jpg (500x333, 16K)

Check on r/Xiaomi sticky :^)

xiaomionline.aliexpress.com/store/2178148

>you're stupid faggot who saves garbage
wrong again, you are very good at this. the post with the screengrab isnt even mine, but you would know if you took the time to read the posts you are replying to
>You would fit right in.
how do you know?
>safespace for faggots
ill give you this one, tho. taking people away from this general into yet another closed chat to discuss the same things as the general sounds pretty dumb

No. Never trust anything that says "official" unless it's referenced on the manufacturers website. And then you would have to spmehow know if that website is legit as well.

kek
she looked like if she was waiting for something to go wrong, and kill her

Ah, sorry. How could I forget about the trademark wall of useless text :^)

Yup. She knows why her boss isn't the one doing the demonstration.

Seems like you better don't hold any appendages into this and keep vigilant to see that the spectators don't do it either.

We all know from LiveLeak that China and rotating objects don't go well together

It's better to back up on these than on nothing, but frankly I'd suggest going with RAID1 or better 6, at which point the individual drive's reliability becomes a bit less of an issue.

>wall of useless text
i tried to provided some info on how laser thermometers work, not my fault you dont want to learn. but, hey, shitpost replies with are still (you)s, right?

Also, I can confirm that tested and worked okay for me AFTER a firmware update.

Well, it worked slowly before on Linux, but Windows 10 -which you are backing up FROM- would probably refuse it.

>RAID6
I'm not too paranoid about losing my anime porn, so I'll go with 1.
And about the stickdrive, will it be good to install linux, and use it exclusively for that?

Any good chink PSTN to VoIP boxes or any VoIP phones?