/W7SG/ - Windows 7 Survival Group

Had an idea the other day about how Windows 7, while it won't technically lose support until 2020, is already being attacked by it's own creators to try and get people to upgrade to (((Windows 10))). This is a location to be able to keep support alive for Windows 7 and prepare for when Windows 7 fully loses support in 2020.
>Windows 10 LTSB
Get out. Any Windows 10 is a bad Windows 10.

Attached: Green Windows 7 Wallpaper.jpg (1600x1000, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/google_analytics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grow up and stop playing video games so you don't need Windows anymore.

>stop playing video games
>"xd lets hate on vidya for no reason at all, im gonna look so cool"
You are edgy.
You are probably 13.
Stop posting, you supremacist bastard.

>gets mad when someone insult video games
>calls him 13

Don't worry, buddy. You'll lose your virginity one day.

Not an argument

>This is a location to be able to keep support alive for Windows 7 and prepare for when Windows 7 fully loses support in 2020.
No, this is a fucking containment thread. Not even a good one.

I like W7, better than shit10 and Linux seems interesting but not my choice for a desktop.

I would go for a Linux laptop though.

I was upset that you never gave an argument as to why you dislike vidya.
Give your reasons and i'll take my dick out of your throat.
But as far as i'm concerned, you are a stupid fucking supremacist.

>defensive about muh vidya gayms
>Hates Windows 10 for botnet
>uses steam (botnet, drm)
>gives every vidya game dev his email, name, address, billing information, etc
>hates Win 10 because ?
Get a productive hobby, a dog, or a gf. Or all three.

>non productive wastes of time
>designed to create endorphin rushes that produce false satisfaction that could otherwise be attained through productive hobbies, sex, etc

>steam (botnet, drm)
False and false.

>He says while posting on Jow Forums and arguing about video games
Come on, dude. People are not going to stop liking what you do not like.

Is there a way to update to windows 10 without it screwing up my autocad 2012 installation and config

>collects billing info
>collects personal details
>collects birthdates to view game content
>collects detailed information about your machine
>client has built in targeted advertising
>literally a drm platform
Jow Forums gets dumber and dumber every day

Attached: 1E52835B-F599-4F20-A5A8-1047A4146BB1.jpg (1242x840, 294K)

partner.steamgames.com/doc/marketing/google_analytics
Literally built in google analytics in steam store
>muh steam is not botnet
Lmfaoooooo

>how else would you buy games
>need that shit to recover accounts because people literally spend hundreds on their steam accounts
>required for age limit laws
>opt-in and helps them optimize Valve games to what the gaming community uses
>it's actually just recommendations which are useful

>collects birthdates to view game content
Your not supposed to put your actual birthday, retard

>how else would you buy games
You don’t
>opt in helps them optimize
That’s what every botnet says retard

If you ever actually worked in tech you would hate Windows 7 as much as a normal person. If you were technically literate in any sense you'd be able to mitigate most if not all problems with Windows 10. If you weren't a man child who needs video games you'd use Linux/hackintosh as your personal consumer OS and keep Windows / Linux / MacOs for work depending on your field

Windows 7 is beyond useless. It's dangerously bad and you should feel bad for wanting it.

Ideally, we'll all have our workarounds in place before the 2020 falling away. That's why I'm busy trying out different Linux distros, and I think ultimately windows will only be a VM thing I'll be using for a few things that require windows to work.
It's gonna be some work, but I think it's worth it.

>you'd be able to mitigate most if not all problems with Windows 10
>believing you can mitigate an OS
>mitigating an operating system
holy shit, the shit in your mouth

>steam is great because it keeps our games in one place and botnet is more fun when I pay thousands of dollars for it
>Windows 7 is best cause it has the worst built in software of every modern OS, I have to go to a dozen different sources just to get working drivers on every win 7 system, and download gigabytes of updates for half a day before it’s usable. But at least it has no botnet like Windows 10!

You are the reason we will never get HL3.

>but suh, don't you want poo in your computeroo? We put extra poo in windows 10, just for YOU

Attached: HOjbEaOZ.jpg (227x222, 7K)

You have an invalid argument. Video games aren't the problem, it's up to the person, if they enjoy a nice pass time when there seems to be nothing else to do then they can go and enjoy a video game, if the person dwells within them as if it has taken over there lives then there is a problem. I say you don't know anything about what the OP does in his pass time so you can't make that statement as it is merely your opinion and trying to pass it on to others as a means of which they need to follow, i.e. telling OP to "grow up" while implying video games is merely for children then you're just a hypocrite as well in it if I was to tell you go do something productive instead of stopping by an image board to tell someone what not to do when they're doing something similar instead.

Tell Linux to grow up and work with Corporate software that we grown ups use and you "may" convince me.

>If you were technically literate in any sense you'd be able to mitigate most if not all problems with Windows 10.

This how we know you're /nu/g/ trash.

>requires you to have it running when you want to play a game
>not DRM

Most of my successful married friends with real jobs unwind with vidya when they get home. A few even play together. Either way, they all play more games than I do, a NEET. Because NEETs don't usually have energy or motivation to do things.

You sound like you have no real experience with what young adults actually do, because you're probably just another teenbro drinking up Jow Forumss puritan swill.

>drinking up Jow Forumss puritan swill

trips for the truth, pol btfo as always.

Argument by majority in a anti-normie space? Might as well advocate using win10 over linux then. I'm still play games too but he's right that gaming is mostly useless waste of time. There are a few cases where it's okay physical jobs where gaming is rest- but if you work a pc job it's supoptimal to put more hours in with gaming.
The real failure however is: Many people need windows programs outside gaming. Running 7 in a VM is still better than 10.

tfw using win8.1

Argument by majority in a anti-normie space? Might as well advocate using win10 over linux the

Go to a speccy thread here sometime and tell me how many people you see that aren't running Win10. This board's userbase is one of the most disingenuous places on all Jow Forums and the most I see Linux used for here is for roleplaying gay ricer screenshots. Let's get real here.

To be honest not that often here anymore but you never know whose shilling and who is a real user anymore anyway. So it's hard to say what the real users are like on any site that has even remotely larger userbases.

No, you and your collection of half assed sourcemods sold as groundbreaking full titles you gleefully paid 24.99 a pop for are the reason you wont get HL3.

They made much more money from third party people using their platform than their own titles. That's why they stopped giving a fuck.

There is a singificant benefit for them: They have no risk. Developing costs money you risk if it fails. Hosting others on the other hand has no risk to them. Why would they continue to risk their money&reputation if they continue counting save money letting others risk their companies on their platform?

What fucking reputation? Steam is a bottomless pit of steaming shit in spite of Valve's past glories. Regardless of how many people use it, it isnt a service anyone with any sense finds favourable to use. Its the National Health Service of vidya. Get beyond the idea it has a reputation to defend then we talk.

OP here. Glad to see this went from being about an effort to keeping Windows 7 alive past 2020 to being an argument about vidya.