Prove me wrong

Prove me wrong.
Do it

Attached: yess.jpg (857x1202, 196K)

Dubs dont lie

gentoo is good on theory but compiling is a waste of time

You are correct.

Good chart, skip the gentoo. I don't see the point in going beyond pure, unadulterated debian.

>being a corelet

>compiling stallman's and linux bloat every time I want to install OS
lmaoing @ everybody who fell for this meme

Debian or Slackware, there are no other patrician distros, everything else is either child's distro or literal meme.

Debian maintainers really do know what's best for you most of the time.

this is only an issue if you're a compulsive distro hopping faggot

>dip my feet into linux by using ubuntu LTS
>had LTS completely break on me twice
>learn about canonical's shenanigans
>figure that if ubuntu is just a bloated fork of debian ran by a shady company, why not just use debian?
>been using debian stable on my x220 for 3 months now
>nothing has broken, have been able to get every program that I want in the stable repository bar one (qdirstat) which I had to compile anyway
>idles at 400mb with my ultra comfy xfce config, don't even use a login manager because that's bloat
IT JUST WERKS.

Underrated post

this
100%

FUCKING
FUCKING
C-C-C-CHECK EM
>>figure that if ubuntu is just a bloated fork of debian ran by a shady company, why not just use debian?

smart man, use debian net iso

debian's package repository sucks

Gentoo is good if you have no life

>compiling everything when you have prebuilt packages available
retarded as fuck

fixed it for you

Attached: Ascend.png (857x1871, 1.53M)

The problem with Gentoo isn't the time spent waiting for the actual compilation, its the time spent fucking with use flags and which shit you do or don't want compiled in. For 99% of packages you don't really care and its just a way to shoot yourself in the foot by finding out that oh, actually, I had to compile some library with different options to get XYZ to work.

Attached: brains 2.jpg (857x1189, 275K)

This is correct.

i have 8 cores and gentoo is still a piece of shit to wait on. i remember using gentoo when it was new and slackware as far back as 2006 and compilations used to be way faster. software developers have fucked up source based distros. packages that were once 400kb sources and 2 minutes to compile are now 14mb and 20 minutes to compile. the problem is it's the exact same fucking software as 15 years ago with the same features so why the massive increases? source based distros haven't been sensible for at least 6 years now.

For 99% of packages where you don't care you'll be fine either way.

For the 1% where it turns out you did want some USE-flag you add it and it's near permanently fixed. Even recompiles might be quick with ccache, never mind current SSD and CPU.

You shouldn't support ubuntu. Debian is pretty nice. Used for years, until I switched to arch.

Why not? Not him, but Ubuntus 16.04 lts is perfect

>everything else is either child's distro or literal meme
Was Jow Forums always like this?

Attached: alright.gif (728x638, 3.89M)

Swap Arch and Debian and you're cooking, apt is a pile of broken messy outdated shit

Attached: FB_IMG_1524890447009.jpg (1006x730, 53K)

>Ubuntus 16.04 lts is perfect
It's nice, but canonical done some not okay things. They take data from your system, they've even sold data to amazon. It might be trivial data today, but I don't like that shit at all.

Perfection

Attached: divine_check.jpg (544x499, 42K)

Yeah that is not cool
Can't say I will stop supporting them because of it
For me it just works and have no plans to upgrade it to 18.04

Switch Arch Linux and Debian and that would be perfect

Attached: Piss for brains.jpg (606x4347, 602K)

What about redhat / centos?

Much more sensible,but I feel Debian doesn't really belong.

pro-tip: it's not the distro that you use that matters but it's rather what you do with it

improved it

Attached: Ascended.png (857x1871, 1.54M)

I use Arch to shit post on Jow Forums and watch animu. pls no bully

RHEL ?

Dub-dubs yerself

You're right.

after TempleOS should be DragonflyBSD and One Above All

The main problem is not about the time required to build packages. Some of them just fails.
I don't know why it's so goddamn hard to build tensorflow with cuda support. Also, Java is a fucking joke because they refuse to use gradle and maven. We are stuck with Java8 when Java10 is a thing.

dude just follow the guide for Tensor flow
or just get the optimized wheels from github ezpz

You are supposed to use ebuild to manage dependencies correctly and have a consistent system. There is one, but it fails to build.

don't try to intimidate me with ebuild shite, don't have G*ntoo or need it either

>start update
>go to sleep
>wake up
>update finished
>???
>profit

Done.

Attached: gnu linux life cycle.jpg (1804x846, 338K)

no

>Systemd
Fuck off

>#!
I thought that was abandoned.

Systemd is optional on Gentoo.

It sure was.

#!++ and bunsenlabs are still a thing

Attached: waifu.jpg (675x720, 52K)

It comes out of the box with openrc, you dolt

you're so far off it actually angers me

Attached: 1525651505016.jpg (857x1202, 344K)

Ubuntu is debian, archfags BTFO