/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

Attached: ced05e04c21be90f13c8084d337bf220a30cf122.jpg (250x217, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4n8H4XEzc
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7
i.imgur.com/mgdvUSL.gif
pcpartpicker.com/product/t3TmP6/rosewill-power-supply-hive650
youtu.be/-P_B2AC5WJM?t=106
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know both boards are pretty shit, but wich one is LESS shit?
>Gigabyte GA78LMT-S2P (760G chipset)
>ASUS M5A97 Plus (Shit VRM, 970 chipset)

CPU is FX-8350.
Would it be possible to run the FX-8350 on the 760G if i disable cores?

Installed windows 10's shitty update, now none of my recording devices work.
In audio devices, the microphone doesn't show any activity when speaking or tapping the mic.
Tried the troubleshooter, and a sfc scan. Don't know what else to try at this point.

note- it does this for multiple microphones, both USB. Also it does so across multiple USB ports

how do I get something like this with kde?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4n8H4XEzc

Does it show up in device manager?
Does the manufacturer provide drivers

Sodom and gomorrah. I'd still go with Asus as their BIOS was still better. Just wanna say if you gotta buy one of those Boards, I'd just take an extra shift and jump ship to ryzen.

Have you actually selected the correct audio device in the system settings / audio settings, not just the volume manager in the bottom right corner. If yes try reinstalling the drivers.

Configure your WM accordingly.

Attached: 2ETsCJf.jpg (1072x1440, 208K)

i already own both boards, and the VRMs are so fucking garbage they don't allow ANY overclocking. in fact i disabled turbo boost on my FX-8350 to get more stability.
i think im gonna upgrade to fucking LGA 1150 because DDR4 is too fucking expensvie to upgrade to ryzen or a i5-8400.

How do I get my CPU to run faster than 1.36 Ghz? Even when it's under load or gaming it won't run faster. The only way I found for it to run at it's base speed is to turn off my PSU then turn it back on, but it's annoying having to constantly restart my computer.

Attached: Taskmgr_2018-05-07_01-24-34.png (487x590, 19K)

I dragged a gelbooru gallery url into Hydrus, and it produced this error message. Doing what it says sent me to this:
file:///C:/Hydrus%20Network/help/downloader_url_classes.html

But I just wanted it to be fast and easy while preserving artist tags and character tags etc. How do I retard-proof this with minimal effort?

Attached: Untitled.png (1164x634, 34K)

Was running Windows 10, tried installing Ubuntu and I lost all audio, tried installing Sparky Gameover, still had no audio, I came back to Windows 10 Pro, now there's a red x on the volume icon in the bottom right corner, and my heqdphones or w/e I try to plug in isn't being registered. I've tried restarting, reinstalling drivers, I downloaded and installed Realtek, but Windows won't let me access it. Goyim, please help. I'm too poor to buy a new aound card atm and I don't know what to so, I've been pretty depressed because of this, and it's interferinf with my life.

Just graduated with a Bachelor of Information Technology Jow Forums. Got good grades especially in my last two years (3 year degree). I'm considering going straight into a Bachelor of Computer Science since i already have about 60/240 units completed through credits from my current degree. Only dilemma is that by the time I start, I'll be 26 and by the time I finish i'll be 28/29. Is it worth it?

whats the safest long term storage option for photos i dont want to lose?

Attached: 1483071237304.jpg (523x287, 15K)

I have a Java project set-up through Gradle on Eclipse. I imported a ton of dependencies and now I want to make a jar file of my program with said dependencies. The java files are located in src. How do I do this? I am on Windows.

Attached: 1510197898898.jpg (500x494, 389K)

the left button or left analog direction? You could have a lose thingy and when your binding it it binds weird. i can't explain but just make sure before you do the binding that is no input going through. Isn't there a control screen so you can test input and it shows you what button your pushing? x360ce and scp monitor has one

What happens if you modulate a signal using the signal itself but in quadrature as the carrier?

Let's keep it simple and say we're amplitude modulating (besides frequency and phase modulation are basically just an amplitude modulated signal fed through a VCO so same shit essentially)

How can Amazon ban me if I keep abusing their free prime for a month? only IP ban?

Didn't think it belonged there, but it went alright and I got some answers, thanks senpai.

I'd imagine they'd tie any restrictions to your account and if you opened a new account they can probably still tell it's you based on your payment information since most people only have one or two cards and or one paypal account plus it's the only time you have to supply your actual personal information and you can't make up bullshit. I don't honestly know if Amazon even bans people though or if they can legally. It sounds like if you can keep getting the free trial of prime then for whatever reason Amazon intends it to be that way so you aren't doing anything wrong.

Left analog. Happens with every controller except PS4 which has steam config.

Is this a good set of RAM?
I feel like i was ripped off because even tho it's 8GB my computer takes a massive dump every time i start minecraft (yes i know shit game but it's good not to think some times).
If not could some one post some suggestions on upgrades?

Attached: d296879cb4116a612a7be4ec9b350d77.png (468x417, 17K)

Strange. It shouldn't be a software problem, try a different program.
For myself i've had to ps controllers whose left analog stick got lose and would wggly around constantly putting out input commands

what kind of RAM is it?

DDR4

We need more info for one, for two, you would be a lot better off using both your channels as you get basically 2x the speed. Single stick runs in a single channel and you're essentially losing half you cycles to a blank slot. 2x2GB = 1x8GB. Think about it. You can even see that the single channel speed is ~1200mHz when you likely have 2400mHz DDR4.
Secondly if you go that route, you should match the sticks, best get a kit of 2x???GB instead of trying to mismatch.
The only way to know is to get a known good working stick, swap it out, and see how your games work senpai.

brand and specs pls

Will it work if I put three 16gb sticks of the same RAM on my Asus B350 Prime Plus motherboard with a R7 1700x CPU

Attached: 012.jpg (612x612, 84K)

Yes, likely yes anyways.
But you would literally be better off with 2x16GB in channel 0 and 1 instead of asymmetric RAM being treated as a single channel senpai

It's a generic peice of shit brand RAM stick so i wouldnt be against throwing it away and starting again. Also i didnt notice that. For some reason i am really out of it today.
Brand? No fucking clue. Not even printed on it.
Specs? DDR4 8GB thats all i can really tell you.

Attached: ebe8f31b7ea5b6e967cdd221dd09e509.png (332x222, 10K)

>t three 16gb sticks of the same RAM on my Asus B350 Prime Plus motherboard with a R7 1700x CPU
you'd be wasting one 16gb ram stick

Save it on 3 different cloud services and on a harddrive probably.

>It's a generic peice of shit brand RAM stick
doesn't matter. It could still work fine.
>Brand? No fucking clue. Not even printed on it.
You sure there is no barcode? Not even a sticker on it with some numbers and such. The name might seem so obsecure you don't figure it to be the manufacturer

It's 100% a software problem. Something to do with drivers.

can you find and post a part number? Or any kind of info on the stickers on the chipset? Usually its a label looking sticker, barcode, SN and PN/FRU number?

What I would do, and I do IT field repair for a living, big company supporting big box stores, think like walmart, target, home depot, etc. DELL Lenovo HP warranty tech, etc etc.

What I would do, is use the speccy info, get a matching 2400mHz 8GB stick with the same timings, and swap it out. See what happens.
If the problem persists with the new stick, its probably not the RAM itself, and you now have a 2x8GB (16GB) kit installed.

Taking a shit starting mine craft and only minecraft likely is a software problem. RAM problems are usually intermittent and random, they don't always start with the same software at the same time. You can disable page file in windows too. Page file is when windows uses the disk (HDD/SSD) as auxiliary RAM. Forcing it off will force the PC to only use RAM and force a RAM issue to the surface faster.

How can I use wget to download a batch of images from a booru based on tags? Individual images can be grabbed by knowing the direct image serve url, but things like a comic may not be all sequential, so I can't input a range to download.

Is this possible with wget? Maybe with Curl?

No barcode. No sticker. Nothing.
Google "Generic circuit board" and thats what my RAM looks like.
There is NOTHING of worth mentioning on the actual RAM. There is an "8" printed on both sides but i am just assuming that is the speed.
Nothing else.

you probably need a smarter tool

memtest

>It's 100% a software problem. Something to do with drivers.
How do you know? are you a doctor? I'm playing, but just use win 10 and there shouldn't be any problems. or reinstall your drivers or the programe

Yeah, I would have used Downthemall, but for whatever supremely disappointing reason, it's still not ported to FF Quantum, and I fear it never will be. Is there at least a rudimentary "acceptable" alternative right now?

Attached: retarded op.jpg (500x434, 36K)

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7
Is this guide of installation cleanup up to date? Do I need to do anything more?

Pic related what happens after i select to boot a usb that has windows 10 on it(works; used it on other computer). The computer is 10 yrs old

Attached: orca-image-1525677200117.jpg_1525677201611.jpg (1080x1920, 157K)

Are there any links like this that work on Chrome?
i.imgur.com/mgdvUSL.gif
It crashes Discord, if anybody wants to meme the shit out of their friends' servers.

Is the Intellimouse 1.1a (without side buttons) better than the G400s? I picked up the G400s a few days ago and I sort of regret my purchase because of all the "flaws" it supposedly has such as smoothing, inferior sensor, angle snapping, etc

doesn't have UEFI if its that old bruh W10 needs UEFI

get the 2nd stick, match your timings to speccy

I really don't think its the RAM

does CPU voltage has a healthy limit or it is just about temperatures ?

ryzen 2600 user here

Will using different brands of RAM cause any issues?

You need to allow apps access to your microphone for whatever reason

The higher the voltage, the worse things are, regardless of temps. CPUs do have a finite lifespan because there are processes slowly going on inside. Higher voltage worsens these.

Only very rarely. They're all supposed to conform to JEDEC standards.

They're both name brand with lifetime warranties, so I assume they're good.

Computer hangs up on a single process for like 5 minutes. During this period it's completely unresponsive.
This happens even when I boot from an image on usb.
Is mobo ded or is it just hard drive fucked(which could be solved with a quick OS reinstall)? Mobo is an old gigabyte something from back in 2005
Sounds like a voltage problem. What psu? Maybe it's not sending enough juice.

There's no way to say for sure without trying since motherboards can be picky.
It'll either work or it won't.
I'm running with two sticks of Kingston, one Samsung, and one Hyundai and it works. Some people can't even load up their boards with 4 sticks of the same without having to downclock their RAM.

thanks m8, just testing my ryzen 2600

A fresh reinstall never hurts.

Sounds more like mobo fault to me. Sorry, mate.

is there a firefox extension that lets me watch videos while on different tabs?

By having a dual boot into Windows on a Mac, does this solve the gaymen issue? I'm sort of confused when people say you can't play games on Macs, but dual boot exists.

So I figured out the problem and my CPU wasn't actually getting enough juice. I increased the voltage from 1.3V to 1.4V, and my CPU ran at it's base speed no problem. Thank you for helping me figuring it out.
pcpartpicker.com/product/t3TmP6/rosewill-power-supply-hive650
This is my PSU if you're curious

Got a GTX 1080 recently, got the latest drivers, worked fine, but occasionally for no reason, even without rebooting/shutting down my PC, when I try to play some video game, it says there's something wrong with my version of DirectX, and when I go to GeForce Experience I keep having to reinstall my drivers. When I try to play some films, I get a popup with pic related.

What's going on and how the fuck do I fix this?

Attached: Untitled.png (323x277, 28K)

Skylake has ddr3 boards.

Yes, it does.
People say it because
A. OSX has less games than Windows
B. Some people don't realise how many games actually get OSX ports
C. They are zealots who actually know nothing about OSX other than what the circlejerk told them.

Macs are also very overpriced for the quality they provide now and always were for the hardware.

what should I keep track of in SMART for this SSD, when I can be sure it's dying
health hasn't gone down in two years now

Attached: ssd.png (671x537, 54K)

Maybe use a different renderer.

Tried that, still having the issue.

Rin is not retarded, that's rude.

I'm shooting in the dark but can it be the location the software is installed?

It's on the same drive, C:\ (OS), where all of my other drivers are installed.

Is there much difference between
Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2A2133C13 (Black) 8GB Kit (4Gx2) DDR4 2133 Desktop RAM

and

Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK8GX4M2A2400C16 (Black) 8GB Kit (4Gx2) DDR4 2400 Desktop RAM
?

What's the best way to preserve a new phone's battery? Xperia XA2 Ultra if that makes a difference.

Never let the battery drop below 30%

What mobo are you going to be using?

ASRock AB350 Pro4

I just checked the CVL for that board. The 2400 MHz modules are officially supported, the 2133 are not. Most likely both will work, but get the 2400 ones if you want to avoid any possible trouble.

How do i write data to the middle of the file without substituting? I'm using fwrite() in c.

Is there a term to describe when in a song, the vocals go like they do at 1:46 in this video? I find it very pleasing but don't know what it's called or how the audio actually being altered.

youtu.be/-P_B2AC5WJM?t=106

Oh poopie i thought i was ok with both of them :(
Thanks for the info.

nvm figured it out

Can anyone recommend a cheap notebook for uni?

No I didn't.

Ask the thinkpad bros:

Recently youtube has started freezing the video, while it continued playing the sound and time normally
Seems to get fixed for the moment if I jump to other part of the video
Is this happening for everyone/anyone else or is this a problem with my computer

I have the same issue.

I use HookTube to play JewTube videos, and it does not have that problem.

So I lost my Android phone and then my brother found it
Is there any way to cancel Lock & Erase?

I have a Xeon W3550 and don't usually use all my threads. Should I just turn off HT in favour of single threaded performance?

Can't you do it through your google account just the way you locked it in the first place?

No such option available

Should I move video files from my external HDD before I watch them or will they be fine played from it?

is there an official, or rather, a safe Android app like 4chanX to elevate my shitposting while on mobile?

Pic unrelated.
Thanks.

Attached: 20160405_201017.jpg (1051x1581, 422K)

I have these spots/marks on my monitor, what's the best way to get rid of them? Deathly afraid of doing anything that may fuck it up since it was expensive.

Attached: 1.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

Clover

I would like to set a screensaver in KDE that would trigger after a certain period of inactivity and upon moving mouse would simply resume the session, just like it works in Windows. So far, I could only find settings to turn screen off after a set time and another setting to run a screensaver upon locking the screen which of course requires password to resume afterwards.

How do i write data to the middle of the file without substituting?

To give an example: I have a file made of :

foobarabc
barfoojdiwo

And i want it to be

foobarabc
put things here
barfoojdiwo

Forgot to mention i am doing this on C.

Just installed LineageOS on my Nexus9, everything is wonderful.
Sometimes, when audio begins, there is a very loud sound, no more than half a second. It occurs even when audio volume is low or muted.

Anyone know how to fix?
It keeps waking up my cat and she deserves to sleep.

How does NAT work?
How does the router know, when it receives a response, which host to send it to?

reliable G Play link? I do see a lot of shit there and I am not sure what is the real deal. There's also a Clover dating app

>How does NAT work?
There are several different implementations, but the most common one is port-based.

When a host on the LAN creates a TCP session, the NAT device will store the host and source port being used in a table. It will then forward segments to the destination. When segments come back, it will look up the destination port and forward them to the appropriate host on the LAN.

i'm trying out linux mint. i'm a brainlet windows user. i'm trying to download different stuff i use to see if it works before i make the change.

when i try to install discord, it installs for a bit, then says "installing additional dependencies" then goes back to the install button as if nothing happened. why it do that?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-07 13-03-29.png (1600x900, 594K)