Redpill me on the MEAN stack

Redpill me on the MEAN stack.

Attached: MEAN.png (785x391, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model–view–controller
buefy.github.io/
ant.design/docs/react/introduce
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Remove the A. You don't need a frontend framework for 99% of applications. It's an extra bloated black-box.

MEN Stack for life.

what happened to web pages being HTML files man

that actually sounds like good advice for me. I hate bloated frameworks and I'm good at front-end.

may be a stupid question, but I can ignore angular and none of the other components in the stack will be affected?

>angular instead of vuejs
kys

Money. I was actually curios about that and made two CVs - one with only frameworks, the other with pure HTML, CSS, JS. Being a backend dev I hardly know any of these very well so I'd prepare myself for 100% bullshitting through the interviews anyway.

7 / 12 responses for the frameworks CV, some of them even passing the on-site interview. By the third time I wasn't even sweating anymore. My absurd lies turned into confidence and everyone was eager (read: thirsty) to get me on board.

0 responses for pure HTML, CSS, JS. Not even for zero-experience-required part-time positions.

I'll stick to backend, thankyouverymuch.

Attached: 1440094317245.jpg (320x320, 28K)

>none of the other components in the stack will be affected?

Correct. Frameworks like React, Angular, and Vue are just for state management and rendering the view. They are the "view" component in an MVC architecture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model–view–controller

Replace angular with react for basic to medium apps and use angular or react with redux on bigger ones. Vue is chinese trash

I sort of agree with this, but having a framework on your CV indicates you have experience building large applications and components. For my own projects I never use a framework but I it would be a fucking nightmare working on a large team with everyone writing their own components like that.

dead webshit meme

Mongo is a meme database and Javascript is not a sane choice for backend language.

what stack should i use if MEAN is shit

It's not shit, Jow Forums are just contrarians who believe frameworks are just bloat because they havent made anything more complex than a landing page

>"OK, we want an online-dashboard so we can get a summary about recent database activities. We also need a few users to input control variables for the db cluster. Can you do this?"
>"HURR, BLOATED JS! JUST DO IN IN HTML.. XD

*s0yb0y wojak*
Nothing? Back in the day for the same thing you had php or perl which are way worse.

If you really like JS, than Node.JS is the way to go.
Express is the "web layer" of Node.
Mongo DB is pretty much a meme.
Angular is cancer, just do Vue or React..

Forget MEAN, it's so CodeAcademy 2015,

N.E.RDS
with PostGreSQL

The bigger companies aren't sold on MongoDB or CouchDB, they're all sticking with/developing with RDB's.

Say what you want about frameworks, but I see a lot of firms wanting React.js skills.

LAMP stack just works

I know nothing about Express, but the rest are top notch memes, applicable only in specific circumstances.

Angular is going to die sooner than the others.

Prove me wrong.

mongo is a meme db with no advantages on sql db.
Angular is a frontend framework, which is a useless over-encapsulation of view.
Express is just a node helper
Node is what mongo is to sql to php

- postgres
- rust
- rocket.rs
- yew

postgres is preferable to mongo
react or vue are preferable to angular

angular is definitely more than just "view in mvc"

nginx can be a pain in the fucking balls, but I kind of prefer it now over apache.

LEMP 4 life nigga

Start learning Vue user

found the street shitter.

I am so happy that Jow Forums still has no clue about anything related to business or not being a NEET, if everyone took career advice from Jow Forums every office would be empty and everyone would be home doing their personal project in LISP

JS/TS are here to stay, so are Angular/React/Node/Vue/Mongo

>postgres is preferable to mongo
Well, it depends on what ome wants to do. There are cases where you want an rdbms, other times an elk stack is better suited, sometimes you'd prefer a simple nosql. There is no better, only different.

I prefer the MERN stack with MySQL instead of MongoDB. Can build apps insanely quickly that way.

Bullshit vue destroys react and can be rendered server side for crazy speed

95% of use cases, your data is relational. NoSQL is a meme.

If you insist of going js you might as well use Vue, otherwise enjoy dependency hell

>MongoDB
Enjoy your data loss. And enjoy even more build queries that you need to cross multiple "tables".

Seriously, NOSQL (or what ever people call it now) are not meant for important data storage. It's fast but it's not secure. Limit it to things you need fast access to a single collection.

Django+GraphQL+NUXT in SPA mode is the way to go

It's the best for large scale websites, 2 way data binding is nice and typescript makes it static

nginx is superior to apache in a single-user environment
it completely shits on apache in terms of performance

it sucks in multi user environments

It's a big, big MEANIE

Can someone explain why I need Angular or any front-end framework other than a simple template engine? I'm using that stack without Angular.

They still are. Jow Forums server static pages rendered server-side.

React has SSR. The only thing Vue has over React are directives, better depedency injection and its templating engine (miles better than JSX). React has a more mature ecosystem and an already tried in production way to create native apps with React Native (Vue has Weex but it's still early in development).

Vue needs a few more years to grow a decent ecosystem and a big sponsor to get the corporate adoption up.

The web server is almost never the bottleneck.

>any front-end framework other than a simple template engine

You retrieve a json object, assign it to variables and it automagically changes the value displayed to the user, without the need to write js to get the element and change the value inside it. Pretty useful for non-static content.

Angular doesn't have 2 way data binding, AngularJS did.

I'm doing that just fine with plain JS, I don't feel like that's a good reason for learning a framework. Aren't there any major benefits?

using a frontend framework makes it easy to make SPAs, Sites that don't need to refresh the whole page everytime the user makes a request.

Of course you don't need a framework to do that, but makes it way easier and faster to do it that one.
Not to mention that if you do things the right way, you will work creating components that can be reused in other projects saving you lots of development time.

In my experience it gets messy once you deal with things like maps, geoJSON and complex dashboards, any structure and readability is a welcomed feature.

It all depends on the developer really, as with any tools

They are still popular. There is softwares like Hugo and Jekyll (probably way more right now, because i don't follow web design trends) that can easily generate a complex website in static files.
And boy... When you don't have a database running, shit became so fast, but so fast that actually scares you.

I mean, DOM manipulation is trivial, though maybe a bit more verbose. I guess the component part makes sense.

s h a r d i n g

I use Mongo for a large project because it was "the shit" 2 years ago.

But I'm not that happy with it and willing to switch.
What are good alternatives?
I use pretty big data sets (tens of millions of items per collection).

Unless you're doing something really customized, these frontend frameworks usually have UI or component frameworks. Take a look at:
buefy.github.io/
ant.design/docs/react/introduce

It's got most UI widgets you're ever going to need, form validation and data tables already done for you.

you can make it NICE by using something other than javascript

we can add WinJS and OpenUI5 then we'll have WOMEN

Attached: ba-dum-tss-gif-2.gif (720x405, 110K)

I usually just go with postgress if I'm dealing with large datasets, although I never played with millions. Maybe try CockroachDB for a distributed db to see if it fits your requirements?

Ughh why is there so much shit for webdev? What about jquery? Gonna learn webdev stuff this summer but it feels so overwhelming with all the different frameworks

>using FOTM shitty bloated frameworks
kys

jQuery is outdated and only really used in legacy projects.

You can also use Webpack to generate static files for everything including javascript.

A project might consist of hundreds of small files and import dozens of node modules.
But it all compiles down to a single "pack.js"

jQuery works fine

felt the same way but the idea behind all these frameworks are the same.
Focus on learning javascript to a deeper level and you won't have a problem learning any of them.

I would agree, but most es6 features are starting to make it obsolete, even ajax is less of a hassle now in plain es6. Provided your target demographic is using modern browsers.

>What about jquery?

Deprecated.
Use mode modern tools instead.

Vue, React, Angular - it's all fine.

How do you guys debug javascript?
Programming is not really what i do for living (sysadmin) but i like to keep sharp because we never know what may happen.
So far o had no problems with script languages (bash, php and python are frequently used for small things) but javascript look like a challenge that is not worth.

I started looking into Bootstrap and Bulma for this purpose. I'm just interested in HTML/CSS components, not an entire js ecosystem and whatnot like vue or angular.

And what about node.js? What is es6? Should I learn css and html? I don’t get it

node is a backend runtime for js

es6 is ecmascript version 6, javascript is an implementation of the ecmascript standard

you should at least learn enough to know how the DOM works

Most browsers have a debug tool for javascript, you can step in and step out of the code using that. Or when in doubt just dump out the object with console.log()

I'm not a fulltime js guy though, my work is usually on the backend away from js

I was thinking in learn a decent php framework. What is Jow Forums opinion on laravel?

Great if you need the classic backend / frontend architecture. If you have an highly interactive web app, it's better to make microservices with a language that supports concurrency out of the box (JS, Go, Elixir) and create a REST API for your frontend to use. Look into the JAM stack.

MEN stack.
Making a gay stack even more gay.

true, I'm considering building a small library like zepton to replace jquery on my personal projects. I use it mainly for dom manipulation and ajax

zepto*

>javascript is an implementation of the ecmascript standard

Javascript is just the old name for ecmascript.
They are the same.
They got sued for being too similar to "Java" so they had to change their name, that's all.

sure, javascript was called ecmascript in the past, along with mocha and some other meme names, but now the name refers to the standardization by ecma inc

Where should I go for learning resources after completing the Front End Certificate on freeCodeCamp? I really don't feel like I'll be ready for work after I'm done, should I support it with back end as well?

Is there any big IT company who was not sued by oracle yet?

>plain es6. Provided your target demographic is using modern browsers.

Instead of making assumptions about browsers it's better to transcribe to an older ecmascript version.
That way you can also use features not yet supported in browsers.

If you use Webpack for the transcribing you can also enable the development server which saves you from having to hit F5 to reload the page when you made changes.
And if you also enable Webpack's hot module replacement the page doesn't even have to reload for minor changes.

What is RDB?

Not him but he means relational databases.

it does mr pajeet.

>web development
trash

NgModel is shit though

It's the future, mate. The earlier script kiddies understand that, the sooner we'll have a truly cross-platform environment for everyone.

Mongo is slang for retarded in several languages.

laravel is awesome in my opinion. Work fine for small to middled sized projects.

It's the present. The future won't have any "stacks" rendering your experience worthless.

Thanks user

> The future won't have any "stacks" rendering your experience worthless.
Eh? What do you mean with that?

Even if you go full distributed & large scale with SMACK that's still a "stack". Even though you really don't *need* to use these together... but that's already the case for the current stacks, too.

>in the future, everyone will be making things from scratch
Yeah, no.

This

What's wrong with PHP? How else is server-side scripting handled these days? ASP.NET?

Modern-day = NodeJS, which is gay as fuck. I fucking love PHP. NodeJS sucks big ol' peepee.

Any db
Java
Any front end

I'll slice my dick open before going back to php from node, that shit was a godsend. Also, I'm not talking about npm, just pure node.js

assembler+C+C+++sql

More like the S O Y stack

This.

A client once paid me 50000 to make his app slower by converting it from mysql to mongo. The data was relational and mongo choked on the kinds of queries that would be dead simple in SQL. He had read some fucking article online about Mongo being the best thing ever and could not be dissuaded.

It's fucking killer if you need it's functionality, but useless if your content is not dynamic.

Can I use MySQL, Express, Angular, and Node?

I prefer FERN
Firebase, Express, React, Node

Use one of these instead:
REAL:
>React.js
>Express
>Apache Kafka
>Linux
RED:
>React.js
>Express
>Database of your choosing