Why are keyboards so small nowadays?

Why are keyboards so small nowadays?

Attached: 1520085953944.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

You sure that's a tiny keyboard and not just your big fat fingers?

I'm gonna' use this thread to try out my new keyboard. It's suppose to be one of those ergonomic ones, but I can't get over the B button being places on the wrong side. Jesus fuck even typing up this post took me an hour...

I think I've fallen for the meme.

t.vanilla midget

Post a picture of it.

Fat fingers is a direct sign of high test.

More like a sign of >30 BMI.

Stop eating fatass.

This has been a mistake.

Attached: 1514350240918.jpg (1000x563, 463K)

Yeeeeah that looks like a mistake to me. Get your money back. Pray this is the most mocking you receive for this stupid purchase.

Because of faggots like

Fat fingers = fat cock.

Fat fingers != long fingers.

It's like saying "being fat makes you muscular". You cheeky mutts.

That really looks like a pain in the ass. Best of luck on the return

It looked good on paper. Split small keyboard that I can place wherever I want. Theory is not practice however, and this will take me longer to learn than tappdancing.

The B is in the correct spot. But those island chiclet keys look horrible. Plus that one doesn't have a decent wrist rest. Take it back.

>this shit actually exists
I don't understand what the logic is here. Is it that you can split the two for each of your hands? It doesn't seem like a dumb idea on paper I guess?

Yeah it's probably going back tomorrow. I really wanted to like it though but even typing up this post is so slow it's insane. Fuck wrist-damage. I'm going to die of old age...

>fat delusions
What a life you must lead.

Because they're made for the limp wristed faggots like OP and not for MEN like the good ol days.

Attached: $_35.jpg (300x246, 13K)

It's convenient.

Attached: IMG_20180506_193635.jpg (1280x720, 343K)

Those things fucking suck.

u mad fag? u just jelly my pinky finger is bigger than your dick

Just get some wrist rests. You can even get mousepads with cute girls on them that have wrist support.

Who're you trying to impress, your mom?

Hmm I do already have one of those. And they're great.

Is the B really in the right spot thought? Have I just been typing "wrong" my entire life?

I got a couple from an underdesk keyboard manager, one for the mouse and one for the keyboard. Much more comfortable.
Yes, I'd imagine so. The B is always on the left hand side.

Huh, maybe this is a good chance to learn to drop my right-B thing then. I don't know it feels weird, but after some (slow ass) googling I find that it's the most common mistake in touch typing!

Who knew?

Nope, I genuinely enjoy this board.
Only thing I want to improve is to sepapan it into two parts.
Then it would be perfect.

I was always taught to type B with my left hand. But it is understandable that it's a common mistake. I can see it being more common with smaller keyboards or people who learn to type later in life.

Yeah the entire touch-typing thing came on very late for me. I was the slow kid in class who had to see where every button was for an embaracingly long time. I got it eventually, but at the time shit was hard and our teachers weren't really able to teach how to type effectively.

It's funny as now I type better than most people, but must have picked up the right-B thing along the way and no one ever corrected me on it.

At least you got a keyboard to teach you now. That being said having the "b" key on the left side will improve your typing further along. Wait and see, when you get used to it you'll be typing even better than before.

The new keyboard looks like shit though.

bullshit, you only buy shit like that to impress somebody, I mean you even took a picture of it and Lord knows how many times you've posted it. We get it, you vape.

Attached: Fuck_you.jpg (699x426, 272K)

>QWERTY
ishygddt

Teachers are probably still unable to teach typing properly, the majority of people can't touch type so doing it at all will put you in a higher percentile.

True that. I don't know if I'll feel comfortable with this keyboard in the long run though. It feels weird having to split it up like this.

We'll wait and see I guess.

Really? I thought most people were able to type pretty effectively these days with their social media shit taking up every nanaosecond of their day?

Still good to know I managed to teach myself SOMETHING useful after all these years. Thanks user.

Because people fall for the "portable" meme.

maybe with thumbs alone

They use their phones and tablets for that. Even people who work in offices and as secretaries don't touch type in my experience. I see more people using their two index fingers to type than anything else.

Dvorak > Maltron > Colemak > the rest

Portable isn't a meme though. It's just not a good logic to follow when buying keyboards.

>bullshit, you only buy shit like that to impress somebody
You must be a sad person, user.
> I mean you even took a picture of it and Lord knows how many times you've posted it.
This one has never been posted on Jow Forums.
I made it for the guy who wanted to fit SBC into Thinkpad she'll and didn't believe me that there are We get it, you vape.
Great.
Workman > Colemak > rest

Pi keyboard?

Attached: A7D2A6A2-2119-4019-AF30-4097AB13219C.jpg (2592x1936, 770K)

Degenerate as shit faggot.

stop being a fatty

Are you left handed or something? Dvorak shits on Colemak and Workman is a non-contender. You'd be better off defining your own keys than using Workman.

I used to play a piano when I was a kid.
I have no problem typing with both hands equally.
>Dvorak
Objectively terrible for typing texts, which I often do.
>Defining your own
Workman boasts nearly 50/50 hand split between mixed workloads. It won't be easy to achieve.

Why don't you like workman?

so keyboard manufacturing megaconglomerates can save 30¢ on plastic costs

I don't see how Dvorak is objectively terrible for typing texts. It is the most efficient layout I have been able to find.
>Why don't you like workman?
Because I found it to be inefficient even compared to Colemak, let alone Dvorak.

It took me 5 years to get up to speed typing on a QWERTY keyboard.
Dvorak took me 5 weeks.

moronic shit thread
>15 ips, 50 posts
this is why Jow Forums is dying

How do you do all the keyboard shortcuts? That’s what holds me back from going full Dvorak.

>How
All the stats, such as finger travel and repetitive presses seem to be pretty bad for Dvorak.
>Ineffective
Can you elaborate?
I have not spend enough time with it to judge it objectively, but I seem to like it so far. Moving fingers up and down is great. At lest in my ortholinear board.

Don't you think that it would take you the same 5 years, were you to start with Dvorak?

I use the CTRL button on the right side of my keyboard much more often now

>Don't you think that it would take you the same 5 years, were you to start with Dvorak?
It's too late now to ever know for sure.

I prefer moving laterally, it is better for me to have vowels and common keys in the middle row. Maybe if I had a smaller keyboard other layouts would be more efficient, but it is easier to type quickly with Dvorak.

>prefer moving laterally
Guess that's the difference between us.
I dislike lateral movement, since I don't actually move my hands, but only fingers.
I tried placing brackets in the middle column and it was awful. Had to discard that idea.

>RAPOO

Attached: 1503223940531.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

it's always easier the second time around and you probably had a far better idea of how to approach learning/using dvorak for the first time than you did with qwerty, one of the more surprising things I saw when looking into learning colemak/dvorak was that the resources for learning the layouts were much better than they were for qwerty but I learned qwerty by hunting and pecking and ended up only using 2 fingers for years so ymmv

I was never able to switch away from qwerty permanently but I know some people that have, they use some software that they wrote to switch the layout back to qwerty when they press left control, I'm doubtful that it's a good solution long term but it's probably the best option

raw stats don't mean a lot if you don't know what to look for, typing 'th' and 'you' on colemak is particularly painful for instance and th is the most common bigram in the english language, and I don't say this to shit on colemak either

>typing 'th' and 'you' on colemak is particularly painful
I agree. That's why Colemak-DH is such a popular mod.

For some reason I never seen Dvorak as appealing.
Perhaps I should try it if workman turns out to be sub par.

>I agree. That's why Colemak-DH is such a popular mod.
seems like a decent mod, I'll keep it in mind if I ever feel like learning another layout again
>For some reason I never seen Dvorak as appealing.
same actually, I stuck with colemak a lot longer and I preferred the hand alteration a lot more and ended up picking it up faster, but I went about learning dvorak in a horrible way that I wouldn't repeat a second time

cheaper

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-06-16-07-34-753_org.videolan.vlc.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

my hands and sometimes arms hurt because i spend too much time at the computer and type and click too quickly, plus the keyboard has very hard keys

should i buy a mechanical keyboard, or ergonomic?

Get some wrist rests and see if they help. They're cheap and they worked for me, I used to get pain in my hands from typing. Also consider switching to a more ergonomic keyboard layout.

2 words - basedboy hands

That guy looks like he just got attacked by bees. Seriously what the fuck are those proportions.

80% is the best.
Anything smaller is for people who want looks over practicality. Aka. people who never type more than an url or two a day.
Anything bigger is for people with fat hands or who need to look to type or make frequent mistakes while typing.

Easy.

Because faggots keep shilling 40% shit

IBM battleships are better, cutting out functionality is for macfags

Why iPad so small now a days?

Attached: FA51610C-53F2-49C9-98B9-CAF4178839E6.jpg (4032x3024, 1.44M)

Onions hands

>Because faggots keep shilling 40% shit
But it's actually great. No need to move hands at all

Attached: layout_new.png (1208x406, 55K)

Its actual shit you dumb macfag

>Its actual shit
Elaborate. It has every button you might need in better places.
>you dumb macfag
I don't have a Mac.

They aren't. You're just a fatty.

Your tissues have swollen from the constant sugar and fat consumption.

>I don't have a Mac.
you don't have to, you sacrifice usability and features like a macfag does, im almost certain that you own a computer with no 5.25 in bays, use one hard drive or ssd and have a mitx mobo/case. How right was I?

Because Trump is president.

Attached: trump_small_hands.jpg (915x510, 68K)

where the fuck is the space bar?

please, do not post Franxx shit outside of /a/.

Thank you

but I press B with my right hand

That's the wrong way to type.

The B key is supposed to be lefthanded

You fucking idiot, just play a keyboarding game on some flash games website.

Stop hunting and pecking, and touch type. Feel around without removing your eyes from the screen.

All I ask for is a good mechanical N-key rollover full-size keyboard with a trackpoint.
And I keep asking in vain.

Smaller dicks than years ago.

>>I don't have a Mac.
>you sacrifice usability and features like a macfag does
Exactly what features and usability are sacrificed in this keyboard? As I said, it has every button needed and in better places.
> im almost certain that you own a computer with no 5.25 in bays
Sure, I don't even use CD-Rom since at least 7 years.
>use one hard drive or ssd
Wrong. Even my previous laptop had 3.
>have a mitx mobo/case
Wrong, full size.
> How right was I?
1/3. And lack of 5.25 is pretty much true for everyone.

-> 2 lower middle buttons. You can build it with one that takes the place of both if that's your thing.

>With trackpoint
Yoda.
>I keep asking
Wire one yourself, faggot. You can even use trackball instead of a shitty trackpoint.

I use this keyboard, literally nothing wrong with it other than transportation being slightly more cumbersome than a traditional keyboard.

Attached: Kinesis-Freestyle2-for-PC-9.jpg (510x344, 26K)

>Yoda.
>full-size
>Yoda
Are you literally autistic, user?

I agree that's a stupid keyboard, but the B is on the correct side if you touch-type. I guess you have some
>i learned to type in my own way
so git good.

Attached: majestic3.jpg (660x495, 65K)

Split keyboards are a pillar of ergonomic keyboard design. Split halves allow you to adjust/tilt for correct positions and angles of hands.
2)

>Are you literally autistic, user?
Learn to read and comprehend.
Yoda was an answer to the keyboard with trackpoint.
Regarding the full size I suggested you wire one yourself.

Did anyone else not know all the keys on their keyboard til they started programming? I didn't know about | until I started using Linux, for example.

>"He specified full-size"
>"I should tell him about Yoda!"
So, you are literally autistic, got it.

Pros:
You've probably got nice switches/keycaps
Matrix layout

Cons:
No split
Too few keys if you use keyboard shortcuts or numbers regularly. You'll be fumbling with multiple modifiers/layers simultaneously.
Obtusely modifiers/layers making switching to typing on regular keyboards more difficult that necessary.
Blank white key caps (fashion over functionality)

Meme-tier

>Cons:
>No split
True. Wish I went for the same, but splitted variant.
>Too few keys if you use keyboard shortcuts or numbers regularly.
No. Wor regular shortcuts, no modifiers are needed. For numbers i have a numpad layer, which turned out to be a lot more pleasant than a standard row of numbers.
Though there is a variant with 1 more row if you are into that.
>You'll be fumbling with multiple modifiers/layers simultaneously.
Not in regular operations. One thing I do use a lot are brackets, which are through modifier, but since I placed them in a way that I don't even need to move a hand, it's once again more convenient (I always messed the brackets on traditional keyboard. Not anymore)
>Obtusely modifiers/layers making switching to typing on regular keyboards more difficult that necessary.
Partially true. As mentioned, finding all the brackets and shifted numbers is a pain in the ass, but it was the same for me before.
>Blank white key caps (fashion over functionality)
What functionality, user? It's a programmable board and having labeled caps on it would have been detrimental, since they would have wrong information.
Having letters would be looks over functionality.

Also, all the Fun keys under the left hand is fantastic.

I agree lots of extra keys there would be handy. I have something similar on the ergodox im currently using, though i'm not completely happy with it's layout.

Fair enough if your workflows are fine with that amount of layer switching/modifiers. I've tried having multiple layers and it's a large PITA for me, swapping between games that want a traditional layout, to F1-F12 heavy apps, to apps with arcane hardcoded keyboard shortcuts.

I gave up tweaking a bunch of layers and currently settled on having two keyboards on my desk - an ergodox with 2 layers and another traditional-style split keyboard for certain apps.

Fat cock ==lumpy cock
Veiny cock == stiff cock

>it's a large PITA for me, swapping between games that want a traditional layout, to F1-F12 heavy apps, to apps with arcane hardcoded keyboard shortcuts.
Interesting.
I use one layout for everything and press layer keys for numbers/FN/symbols. Here's the layout: .

Only thing that actually involves "switching" layers are different layouts (Workman, Colemak and QWERTY). Everything else is active while layer key is pressed.

>settled on having two keyboards on my desk
Sounds terrible.

Oh and special symborl are in exactly the same position for every layout.

>Razer BlackWidow Tournament Stealth edition