Okay guys wtf, I just found out about this

Okay guys wtf, I just found out about this.
You americans don't need to press (right) Alt to write some of the basic characters? (@, #, [, etc.) I've been a vim user for a long time and I've always thought that some of the keybindings made no sense. Not only on vim, even other software or languages.
Now I wanna buy an american keyboard and use the US layout.

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20180507194528.png (903x305, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#Neo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i use the ANSI layout exlusively

ANSI is superior in every way; and I'm British.

Here is the spanish layout, for comparison

Attached: spanishLayout.png (809x277, 36K)

The one I posted (OP) is the ANSI one, isn't it?

Yup.

Yeah.

You can get them in Europe, no problem.

I'll get one then. Do you like mechanical ones? I've tried brown and blue keyswitches and I still prefer membrane.

>how do I remap?

Who are you quoting?

It's easier to change keyboards than configuring every software in every machine I use

how do you a £ on a US keyboard?

How much software do you use with exclusive vim behavior? It should automatically support your vim remaps if that's the case anyway.

> implying Americans even know what that is

alt+0163

What kind of retarded layout are you using? UK here, the only advantage ANSI has is ' and " being on the same key. Everything else is perfectly accessible without using Alt
RAlt+3

this one, the spanish one

>not using the superior Neo layout
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout#Neo

Attached: neo.png (1024x345, 179K)

>superior
this is retarded

Attached: retardlayout.png (1043x524, 197K)

You don't have to buy another keyboard, just change your input language layout to US english.

>thinking neo has no super keys
It has. Don't know why they are not shown though...

read the link
You have to press and hold Mod3 (which is Caps on QWERTY) to use punctuation marks. This is *very* comfy.
Normally it looks like pic related, but on windows you can also use qwerty as the base layer.

Attached: neo.png (1280x431, 273K)

I'm from Europe but my muscle memory is for the US layout, ISO is kinda a pain the dick but that's about it.

Attached: t8zh0rENKY2tm3JzY2HryXMyvz4SaxrK7wYZr9LseU.png (499x341, 105K)

The keyboards are phisically different tho

You can just switch the keyboard layout in the software. I am in this weird place right now where I can only type properly on a (physically) German keyboard set to US (intl) layout, otherwise I get really confused about Z and Y, and basically anything involving punctutation / special characters.

How do you type the GBP sign with ANSI?