SailfishOS

What are your thoughts on SailfishOS? I just installed it on my Droid 4 and it seems pretty nice; it also runs Android apps at pretty much native speed if you install Alien Dalvik.

Attached: Screenshot_20180508_002.png (540x960, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

t.me/joinchat/AWx9iUE-U9qNKNpGgSbd3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The installation process for not-officialy supported phone looked quite daunting the last time I checked.

Alien Dalvik is absolutely proprietary and it is showing its age.

For Sailfish itself or Alien Dalvik? I will agree the one for Alien Dalvik is pretty messy, and I believe it only works on some non officially supported devices. Installing Sailfish itself wasn't that hard, just flashed CM11 and then Sailfish through TWRP.

I wanted to use Sailfish, I don't do much with phones. Say, it is "botnet"?

I'm legitimately interested in trying it out on my OP3T. Is it worth it?

i have it on my xperia x with alien dalvik. It's nice but the store really lacks native apps. I'm currently mostly using android apps on that os, which defeats the purpose a bit. I'm open for app suggestions for a decent gallery app because the one from jolla sucks balls desu.
And I dont understand how this OS is more privacy oriented when I dont even know what apps want to use when I install them.

Attached: Screenshot_20180508_001.png (1080x1920, 1.66M)

Bump

dead OS, dead thread. just let it die.

Same here. Nice UI, native linux, zypper, repos, proxychains. Lack of native programs, glitches with alien. Still I like it better than Cyanogen.

We have a Fanclub for all things related to Sailfish OS. New invite link t.me/joinchat/AWx9iUE-U9qNKNpGgSbd3w

Most sfos devs are also there

Attached: IMG_20180202_080605.jpg (1536x2048, 249K)

What is the proper program for Sailfish OS to join?

i alao get glitches with the regular apps desu. Had to kill the media app just now because it refused to launch and afaik killing an app is only possible via commandline

Don't use media often. But sometimes sailfish-browser hangs on heavy pages (mostly embedded videos). If I want it to restart quickly, I do it via top.

apparently this is ported to the redmi note 4x. which i use.

how well do android apps work? battery life? totally considering this.

As far as i know only the UI which can be changed with an alternative opensource ome

There was a huge improvement on SailfishX. Dunno was it new code or better processor, but dalvik on Xperia runs much smoother than on Jolla1.

how is the battery life?

Not worth it for me. After you realize what speed and customization custom Android ROMs are capable of you just can't go back to anything else.

>Still I like it better than Cyanogen
No fucking shit, cm has died in 2016.

one day easily, 1.5 days also not too hard to reach, 2 days might get difficult with my usage.
>shitposting
>listening to music
>sms and threema
>phoning other people
I'm not a heavy user but most apps are android apps and i believe that this draws more power.

telegram

>has died
its 2018 desu

How hard is it to port it to Mi4c? Could anyone provide decent tutorial for not really experienced in such things? Since xda-university is dead and all