Start a new tech job

>Start a new tech job
>user, would you like a Mac or a PC?

Attached: dailystruggg.jpg (800x449, 61K)

If you are too retarded to pick out the computer you want then you don't belong in IT.

I get it. Mac is both a mac and pc.

>spends the first 3 days installing gentoo

Just get whatever the majority uses

>start a new job
>”would you like to use intellij idea or eclipse?”

Attached: FE57E3DD-1430-42AA-B309-F3F39ACB8293.png (691x653, 27K)

Take whatever offer has the better specs.

Attached: IMG_0085.jpg (949x1200, 144K)

pick one and install the vim plugin, what's the problem?

>vim
Absolutely haram. Use Emacs

i use evil mode actually. just not tied down to it, and if they have a workflow i'll just go with the it.

Macbook + Parallels from my job is pretty comfy

A Librebooted thinkpad

>Not using Nano
Bunch of plebs

>not using the true editor pico
Why even live tbqh

This man is sharp

Ask you boss if he uses a smartphone or an Iphone

Mac. UNIX, Stable, and you dont have to pay for it

>oh, great user, you can use this mac book we have laying around - your coworkers have all picked those new precision series laptops with 32GB RAM and the 3.6ghz i7s.
>oh, the mac deployment scripts may not work currently since the last guy who was maintaining it left. shouldn't be too hard to get it going again.

>I will take what everyone else in the office is using

Attached: 1519609644277.jpg (798x809, 48K)

>I will take what nobody else in the office is using

Attached: fe37c73a-b2ac-48f5-808f-9cb4b7e11776..jpg (960x768, 99K)

just ask for a linux computer haha but no keyboard

Obligatory “mac is a pc”
Anyways, I’d get the Mac because you can also install Windows on it with little to no hassle. Depending on your job, it may be handy to have both environments. You never know, and it’s not like you’re payin for the computer

Programing job? Get the Mac. Only way to easily have access to all three main OSes to test your code.

i never got it - the chief complaint of Jow Forums against macbooks is that they're built like a piece of shit, impossible to fix, and don't last very long. all of those aren't an issue for a company laptop - so what's the issue here?

>Jow Forums board dislikes something popular but never gives a reason why

hold the goddamn phone

>Start a new tech job
>user, would you like a Mac or a PC?
> I'll be using my x62, thank you

Weebs are the opposite of norm-

wuts a computa?

Attached: asexual.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Shouldn't even be a question if you have 23 chromosomes.

If it's a non-MS development job and you don't get a mac, you're incompetent. Dev is a shitload easier on a mac.

It really depends on the model. A Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro would be great, but after that they became a bit shit in terms of build quality. I'm going to be running Arch anyway.

Using Windows for programming is like cutting your food with a spoon. It's doable, but may require modification for tougher tasks to the point that it was never worth using the spoon in the first place.

>Not using the best IDE out there, Atom.

Not to mention certain awesome (((features))) of windows like a maximum path length of 260 characters, and the spiteful disabling of Virtualization functions in the Windows Shitbag Edition for no reason other than outright jewery.

Software compatibility is a huge issue