Java 10 is out

Java 10 now has all the features of Swift. What's your excuse? Pic related

openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/10/

Attached: 1446374147850.png (1000x716, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's haskell logo retard

>replying to bait

Attached: maga-meme-magic.jpg (1024x1024, 120K)

no duh, idiot

java 10 is actually pretty good. i installed intellij idea 2018.1 which uses the latest java and it was fast as hot shit

oh wait you're right, I made a mistake it's java 10

> 2018
> Local-Variable Type Inference

Holy shit, 20 more years and they might catch up with current C# features.

my company is still on java 7

>java 7
You're lucky.

>Java
>relevant for anything other than Minecraft and Roblox
Is there any modern application or game that still uses this?

Who let you on Jow Forums?

>offended the pajeet
Gomen, I forget sometimes that this place is just a rebranded India.

I hate Java as much as the next guy but asking if it's relevant in a world where 70% of mobile phones run almost exclusively Java applications is beyond retarded.

And it will stay there for a long time

>C#
Too platform-dependent. Practically worthless without the .NET framework, which is multitudes of pajeet worse than Java.

Lol, this kid doesn't even know what his phone runs on.

java and haskell are isomorphic up to syntax

>What's your excuse?
no currying
no partial application
checked exceptions make streams impossible to use

>Java has VAR now

I actually peed myself a little. This is AMAZING news.

Attached: csharp.png (267x300, 16K)

also
no Hindley–Milner type system
no tail call optimization
verbose C based syntax

Why do they say Java 8 and then jre-1.8.exe ?

>openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/10/

>a whole new numbered update of the language
>adds "var"

really? That's fucking it?

Yet here I am running my company backend C# ASP.NET Core WebAPI on CentOS and mobile apps on IOS and Android.

I seriously feel sorry for anyone who's stuck with Java, what a fucking terrible language.

>they use phones
It's like you guys don't even value your privacy. No wonder you allow non-free software in your pocket.

Attached: 1522783438214.gif (326x256, 1.45M)

But your Android device probably uses Java user.

>he doesn't have his phone running Linux/GNU

Just use Kotlin, please.

JAVA 10 IS OUT? I CAN'T EVEN FIGURE HOW TO UPGRADE FROM JAVA 8 TO 9

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

And GC optimizations! Seriously though, var is great but that doesn't make a number update in my book. Introduce properties, data classes, and a few more features and that'll make it a true update.

there was a java 9?

my company is CONSIDERING a migration from java 6

still not considering a move from COBOL mind you, gotta keep them 40 year old programs running or the entire billion dollar business will essentially just roll over and die.

kek
C# >>>> Java

desktop programs and video games are

Need proof

>what's your excuse
Curry eating dirty brown people

Java changed its release cycle to every 6 months or so. Java 10 won't even be supported I think. Next LTS version will be java 11.

>What's your excuse?
Oracle documentation and their general handling of anything whatsoever.

very nice

Attached: checkem.png (50x58, 5K)

>checked exceptions make streams impossible to use
This is my biggest issue with the language now-a-days. I think the idea of checked exceptions could be a good idea, but Java's engineers have continually, time and time again, ruined it through their own mental fucking retardation. For having so many of the main engineers for the platform saying checked exceptions are a good idea, they've done little to support the people who are actually trying to use them.

How the fuck are these places able to operate? You can't even connect to anything using remotely modern cryptography with Java 6. I also don't understand the kind of mental retardation that has to descend upon your application to make it anything more than trivial to upgrade.

How fortunate, my Kotlin code will now compile into something useful.

wanna know how I know you're a brainlet?

Go on, basedboy.

Kotiin compiles down to JVM bytecode (or Javashit) not java. Improvements to java have no effect on Kotlin.

All I see here are non enterprise children yapping about Java. Once you get a big boy job, you can comment on Java releases. PIP and JBOSS will benefit from this. Now go back to your basements...

It also has a java compiler, which is better than just being on the JVM. It was a joke at any rate.

net really

that's nice, except nobody with a functioning brain will use it in production

Attached: abandonware in 4 months.png (857x582, 60K)

Why not? I literally change a line in my dockerfile and commit it and within moments everything is running whichever Java version I choose. When September rolls around we'll be running Java 11.

Based proof requester with the quituple quints

There's something very curious about how a lot of these images are subtly photoshopped to make them look worse, but so subtly that you'd get called paranoid for calling it out

like that picture of richard spencer that used to get passed around where his hair was shrunk and his skull enlarged to make him look stupid, this guy's face has been lightly pinched on his nose

nice.