I want to build a computer for my wife. She's an artist and wants to get into art designing, animation, and editing...

I want to build a computer for my wife. She's an artist and wants to get into art designing, animation, and editing. Can you recommend some specs? I want her computer to be on par with mine or maybe Slightly lower. Here are my specs:

>i7-6700k
>1080 gtx
>16gb

I know that AMD Cpus are better for that kind of thing. What should I get? What gpu do you recommend?

Attached: 1513653148130.png (500x519, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I know that AMD Cpus are better for that kind of thing
Most of special snowflake software is singlethreaded poorly coded garbage

What does that mean? I should stick with Intel?

What's holding you back from posting in /pcbg/?
Do you think you're something special?

get her an iMac Pro.

Wasn't even aware that was a thing

It doesn't matter really. You won't see a difference between intel and amd. Get a good SSD.

I have been on Jow Forums for a week and see nothing but AMD shilling. What happened?

OP don't do this, it's a good way to burn cash without much return

If she's not doing 3d rendering I'm pretty sure you'd mostly just need like 16GiB RAM or more
Maybe get a R5 2600 for multithreaded performance

Fucking AMD shills need to fuck off.

>R5 2600
FUCK OFF.

Uma

Alright then just get whatever the fuck is cheapest just not a 2c4t CPU like indianon keeps recommending

She's just humoring you op because she knows you'll enjoy assembling a PC for her. Just get her a macbook

>a week
cute.

AMD just recently released the 2xxx Ryzen chips so theres people discussing them and attempting to validate their pathetic consumer purchases.

Just go to logicalincrements.com/ and aim for the Excellent/outstanding/exceptional tiers, its all the same performance like stuff that isnt gonna really matter.

or this. Creativefags just want that justwerks shit and dont care as long as their precious adobe garbage appears to be fast.

Attached: 1522461531197.png (1064x983, 919K)

OP, you're not typically going to be getting great advice from Jow Forums on any subject matter. A lot of times here, threads quickly gather misinformation and personal opinion passed off as fact to give you the perfect storm of useless chatter and shitposting. You can learn stuff from this, but like most of Jow Forums, it will take a good sense of scrutiny to get what you need.
My advice is to go to /pcbg/, READ THE OP, listen to the inevitable argument that will crop up after your first post, try to get a sense of what's going on, and use Logical Increments combined with PC Part Picker to work yourself out a game plan that's on your budget. I've given you all the tools you need to figure this shit out for yourself, now go out there and fail anyway, I believe in you.

On benchmarks AMD best CPUs is better than Intel best CPUs in every segment except gaymes.

Nvidia Video cards are better than AMD though.

On top of that Intel is overpriced. A similar level AMD is half of Intel price.

Less GPU
More RAM
go with 32 or 64Gb, Photoshop will eat through anything you throw at it.
Go quad channel, too.

>wife

EL MARICA NORMAL DEBE IRSE

Attached: IT CANNOT BE.png (182x140, 25K)

delete your thread

>Gigabyte mobo
>Intel CPU
Hackintosh will be a fun project for you and she'll get something that isn't shit at the end of it.

>designing animation and editing

get her a macbook pro.

imo, 2700x + gtx 1070 ti + 8x4 = 32 gb of ram 3200~3400, should be plenty for whatever your waifu throws at it.

That's really overkill.
She's just getting into it, she probably won't make something super advanced and she might never do it. A 2600(x) would be more than enough. (and very upgrade-able)

She barely need a GPU. a 1050it or 570 or such will be more than what she needs for her editing, and will let her play all games as well.

16GB ram will probably be more than enough to start, and is easily upgraded.

well, you just answered your own question, you seem to know what path to take if you're willing to get more performance and you know how to fill the current needs, now go shopping mang.

sorry im not op.
Looks like like he didnt read the sticky, made a shit thread and left it to rot.

oh, for a moment i thought maybe this guy isn't OP. regardless, if he ever comes back, all the info he needs is in this thread, now lets hope next time he will use PCBG.

>She's an artist
The computer probably matters less than the peripherals. Cintiq and whatnot.

Post a picture of her butt though, I need that to determine more information.

mainstream AMD GPUs can support 10bit monitors. On Nvidia's side, only the quadros support 10bit.

Sorry, I'm OP. I did read the stick but I guess not well enough.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna do some more research and then probably post on pcbg.

>get her a mac
Fuck off

I forgot to mention that I do have a gtx 960 lying around and I plan on getting a 8700k this month for myself.

Based on what you guys are saying, a 960, 6700k cpu, and 16gb or more ram should be enough?

She'll be better off with a mac though.

Shit waifu, but solid advice.

You live in a world designed, and made, by other people.

kinda like a wife huh
bazinga

Unless she wants to draw directly on the screen. It looks like apple hasn't made a 2 in 1 macbook yet. Maybe ipads have good enough software and accessories for apple to not even bother but I wouldn't know, I haven't tired one.

R5 2600X
GTX 1080/Vega 64
16GB RAM

There you go