/pcbg/ PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
>DO NOT OVERCLOCK ON RYZEN 2000 SERIES
If you are on the new X470 or B450 platforms letting precision boost 2 do its job gets better performance

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO Core i7/5/3 7000 series. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>NO Ryzen 1000 series. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY THE Ryzen 2000 SERIES
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming WITH/WITHOUT a graphics card (Low end)
>R5 2600X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPU (Mid range)
>R7 2700X - Best gaming CPU / VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (High end)
>TR 1950X/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (HEDT)

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 4GB, $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Attached: 1490044408336.jpg (900x1200, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6FH-LM7vXc
nowinstock,net/uk/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1050ti/
pcpartpicker.com/list/79qZVY
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834861959
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1506351051138.jpg (597x519, 30K)

This picture makes me actually, genuinely, very, very angry.

Yeah, but even now the pascal cards are being sold way higher than their MSRP. At least when the overpriced Volta are released they'll be far more valuable even while being marked up and will last him longer.

all that just to play fucking minecraft ?

No poors.

that picture genuinely pisses me off.

100% that kid got all that shit for free and takes it for granted while i had to work for the money to build my PC that took a whole fucking year.

I could only afford a GTX 650Ti Boost with the money i had left (It's actually pretty fucking powerful still, can play Doom on med at 1920x1080).
and this kid gets two 1080s just so he can play fucking minecraft and roblox.

Attached: 1516400415462.jpg (313x334, 28K)

I think you're right. Should I still get a 1050ti if i want to pair it with an r3 2200g for low-mid-tier vidya performance?
What do you think the price of a 1060 6gb volta equivalent will be?

SEETHING

All's fair in the PC gaming market user, don't you dare say otherwise.
Also fuck that smug looking kid.

Don't be angry, the kid's dad likely gave him all that crap. The dad is trying to buy the kid's love.

Also it's PNY shit.

At least you don't live in a shithole like this kid.

I'd guess the Volta line will be priced at the current markup for Pascal cards with similar msrp's. I'm hoping miners will either stay with the Pascal cards they've already bought and hold off for nvidia to release their mining gpus. The point is that you'll get far more bang for your buck if you hold off and buy an expensive volta vs a mindlessly marked up pascal. It's like that other user said with AMD being so far behind, nvidia can mark volta up on release, but not so ridiculously high as to make it a better bet for miners to stick with pascal. We only have these loose parameters to project volta pricing, but I think it's safe to say you'll either be paying the same as current Pascal, or less, for Volta on release. They can't possibly keep current Pascal prices and release Volta for an even higher fucking markup. I won't believe it.

>/pcbg/ - PC butthurt general

So the general consensus is
>Intel CPU if primarily gaming
>Ryzen CPU otherwise
Right?

>They can't possibly keep current Pascal prices and release Volta for an even higher fucking markup. I won't believe it.
remember that this is the same company that opted for the GeForce Partner Program™. Are you really sure that the industry leader wont fuck customers over? It's not as if big companies don't do the same.

How does one add USB-PD to a PC? I'm starting to think it's not possible.

>old pc has trouble again
>not in mood to fix it just to have it break down again next week
>buy parts for an almost entirely new computer
>only keeping storage components (1 OS SSD and vidya/anime HDDs)
can I just plug in the OS drive from the old computer in the new computer or does this cause issues with drivers and such?

>inb4 bentium / i3 shills

Attached: 1497883390389.jpg (267x297, 18K)

youtube.com/watch?v=y6FH-LM7vXc

why no more G4560 in op

No its intel if you are doing something heavly avx and AMD every other time, even in games

what's a cheapo reliable cooler to replace the intel stocks?

212 evo?

Unless you're using windows, it shouldn't really cause any issues.

Sure, but it got so much criticism by the PC community that nvidia is nuking it. I think they'll fuck us over by releasing it at the Pascal markup. Any higher than that is just absurd with nvidia knowing how long non-miners have been putting off buying gpus awaiting volta. It was supposed to be released in Q1 but they've been milking the preceding generation for so long, fuck me. Now that I think about it from this point of view, with them understanding that they've been pushing peoples' patience and have a consumer base actively anticipating the release of a component necessary to their hobby, and have no market competition while the biding consumers have market competition from miners, they probably fucking will mark it up 100% and pay off the high-profile YouTubers to say it's a steal.

Why did it have to turn out this way? What have we done to deserve this life?

Attached: captcha summons.jpg (500x3714, 663K)

Not him but how can I fix this problem if I'm on windows?

>dual core
go back to 2005

I know that feel too well user.
So should I still shell out 180€ for a 1050ti?

Funny, im seeing 1060 6gb being sold for 200€ at an online store right now. Still not going to buy it since new cards about to come out and prices will go down.

I was lucky enough to snag an AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card (an MSI Armor MK2, if it matters) from Best Buy when it was on sale for about $230 with a MIR. Two questions:

1. For a budget build, is a Ryzen 5 2600X really that much better than a Ryzen 5 1600? I hear that I can get Staples to price match with MicroCenter, which'd let me pick up a 1600 for ~$150 without taking a road trip. The 2600X is ~$80+ more.

2. Which motherboards represent the "best value" for the Ryzen 5 1600 and Ryzen 5 2600X? I don't need a lot of extraneous features, just reliability. I find it hard to justify spending $100+ on a motherboard when I'm a casual who just uses their computer for light gaming and web browsing (and rarely Photoshop/Illustrator).

Ryzen would be better with no coolers included and slightly cheaper price tag.

FUCKING WHERE???

>2. Which motherboards represent the "best value" for the Ryzen 5 1600 and Ryzen 5 2600X? I don't need a lot of extraneous features, just reliability.
Any decently priced b350 motherboard

More than 90% of people don't overclock even if they have the chance.

Feels bad, but even considering that they'd release them at a super high markup, it depends. What are you using currently? I'm still using my 750ti. I was going to grab a 1060 6GB in December, but decided to just wait. I planned on waiting until March at the latest seeing as how we were expecting Volta for Q1 2018, but now that I've been waiting for so long I might as well just wait until it's actually released. If you're literally without a GPU, I wouldn't say it's a loss to buy a 1050 Ti right now for low-settings gaming and med/high settings for older games.

Don't know where you live, but:
nowinstock,net/uk/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1050ti/
has the 1050 Ti for as cheap as 152.99 GBP, around 175 euro.

whats the fastest and easiest way to extract files I want to keep from my OS disk without an OS before wiping the OS disk to reinstall the OS?

I live in Krautland and I've seen a 180€ zotac gtx 1050 ti with dual fans. What do you say?

Looking at gpu benchmark scores and 1060 is about 50% more powerful than 770. It seems poor idea to upgrade at the moment for me. Only a 1070 would make sense as a reasonable upgrade but the bang for buck isnt there.
Wait a few months, buying just before new gpus are announced is reserved for tech illiterates. They're going to be discounted soon.

Quick question:

I'm thinking about going from my Haswell CPU to a new Coffee Lake CPU. Obviously I'd need to upgrade my motherboard. Would my old DDR3 RAM still be compatible (if not the best performance-wise) or would I need new DDR4 RAM too?

It's Intel, and anything Intel is bad, even if it provides acceptable performance at great value

I have been waiting since mid february user. My current r3 2200g iGPU is only good for VNs and/or AAA eSports cancer.
When will this nightmare end.

>Coffee Lake CPU
No more DDR3 support, just go Ryzen since Intel kikes change sockets and motherboards every fucking month.

I'm not deaf so I prefer not to have leaf blowers in my case. Even the better stock coolers are nowhere near ~30€ aftermarket coolers performance/noise-wise.

Yeah the 8400 still beats out all the ryzen cpus in games. 8700k still beats them all by a lot

Thats plenty, I mean what AAA games do you really have to play this month?
The next gen should come out Q3.

You'll have to tough it out, honestly. What games are you itching to play with just a 1050 Ti anyway? It's not like your CPU would severely bottleneck a higher end card depending on your monitor, so waiting is very likely worth it.

The only case I can think of is if you're in a leading market position in an MMO and want to maintain your monopoly/guild oligopoly, in some super competitive raiding guild, or heavily invested in a super competitive game trying to break into esports or something.

Congrats on getting 155 fps on 8400 instead of 150 on 2600, faggot shill.

Cry more drone

Good goy.

>tfw you will never be this buttblasted over a corporation

>i know its better at games but fuck you shilll reeeee the jews

Attached: 1687634368743.gif (208x266, 1.99M)

Attached: 1504560195953.jpg (267x297, 24K)

pajeet

Attached: 1413913323099.png (1000x1000, 162K)

Attached: 1516843108825.jpg (363x363, 30K)

I just want to enjoy some 2010-2018 AAA games at 1080p60fps medium-high settings, and the 1050 ti has optimal performance. I would get a 1060 3gb but what's the point of having a castrated 1060? I plan on keeping the 1050ti for at least a few more years and play through my backlog at my own leisure, maybe even pick up some newer vidya and play it at a low-ish medium preset.

Just admit you enjoy sucking jewish cock for literally no meaningful difference.

r8 my list
pcpartpicker.com/list/79qZVY

Just admit that you're a moronic fanboy as an explanation for your retarded behavior

>for literally no meaningful difference
Stating facts makes me a fanboy?

Looks good but you need Win10 for a smooth installation. No point in installing 8 over 10 anyway

Oh right, uma delicia and jew memes are considered facts these days

Need a good mobo for a 2600x, possibly asus. So the choice in my country is either the x470 PRO priced 190€ or the STRIX at 215€. So I'd rather go for the STRIX, even if dislike the gayming RGB stuff it seems built better, entirely black and could hold until zen2/zen2+ for a possible upgrade. And while I think the PRO is overpriced at 190€ and should cost 150,160€ the STRIX's value is around 200€ anyways. My only concern is: if zen+ shouldn't be overclocked cause xfr2 and pb2 do a better job on their own, what benefits would I receive from such a premium mobo, compared to something like the strix b350f, which doesn't have a b450 counterpart yet?

tl;dr is it worth investing in the strix X470 mobo if I shouldn't overclock the zen 2600x anyways?

With the same price I could get an i5 8600k, plus an asrock/asus 150€ mobo and an 80€ nh d15s cooler and have stronger single core and similar experience, with the premium cooler. But I really don't wanna go intel, it feels old tech and ryzen looks really refreshing and very close in gaming, while better at other tasks.

>intel being jewish is a meme
Then reality itself is also a meme.

Attached: 1491972340310.png (633x900, 162K)

>i5 8600k
>asus prime z370-p
>noctua dt-15

Will I be able to get 4.8-5.0Ghz? Will I get cucked by my "cheap" mobo?

Attached: 3wdb5ce775401.jpg (640x854, 50K)

Quick! What's the simplest bootable file manager I can install on a USB stick?

Can you even run it @ 5GHz without circumcising your CPU?

I'd change the mobo so one that has the following in the audio specifications.
>- TI® NE5532 Premium Headset Amplifier for Front Panel Audio Connector (Supports up to 600 Ohm headsets)
Wouldn't have to care about audio with external dacs.

Get 500gb ssd, its cheap and more convenient.
Dont buy gpu/ram now, wait a few months.
Get 25$ win10 license
Get noctua cooler for cpu.

Then go for STRIX

>what benefits would I receive from such a premium mobo
SLI support, better VRM, more PCIe lanes

I have no idea. It's my first time overclocking so im guessing no. 4.7Ghz sounds more realistic then?

There is nothing wring with being jewish

A shekel for a good goy

just booted my pc for the first time and theres a big button labeled A-XMP in bios
what does it do?

Attached: b2pol_with_you.jpg (680x680, 74K)

Overclocks your ram to the factory overclock

sounds dangerous, I'll avoid it for now

Its not. Everyone uses xmp, your ram wont run at rated spec without it. Enable it

name one thing that has better price-value ratio

Good place to buy refurb laptops other than CL/Ebay?
Newegg is okay but their selection is really small for 8GB 4th gen i5s.

Currently looking at newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834861959
Use case is general normie tasks like facebook and youtube, writing up docs, etc.
Also how hard would this have been hit by the likes of Spectre/Meltdown?

Coming from a 32GB SSD/4GB netbook nightmare.

>better VRM
isn't it something worth considering only if overclocking tho?

AMD shills at it again.

They might as well remove anything Intel there instead of pretending and parroting price/performance memes. The 8700k and 8400 should be in the OP, the rest just aren't worth it.

They get buttravaged when Nvidiots try to evict their garbage AMD GPUs as well.

Intel having headquarters in Tel Aviv has nothing to do with their CPU performance and the value of its CPUs, as derived from performance and pricing. "da jooz" is always a meme used when you're out of arguments

As the other poster said, keep Jow Forums in Jow Forums

>can only buy a graphics card with a weaker gpu than PS4 after a year of savings
>ii...tts sstil pretty powerful gguys.. Ddoom on medium..

Attached: download (1).jpg (256x197, 8K)

They are still too upset from ryzen+ being unable to take the gaming crown to allow that

I'm just about to pull the trigger on an R5 2600X, primarily for gaming.

Any reason why I shouldn't? Beyond the "Intel performs 5% better!" line, I mean.

Attached: hankonomics.jpg (251x189, 5K)

any $200+ modern cpu is p good for 1080p gaming. It mostly depends how much you can get it for.

Anandtech don't do good cooler reviews.
Check tweaktown or silentpcreview. Preferably the later but they don't review as many models.

nice.

> Do I need a 2700/2700x to get 1440/144fps in modern games? Or will I still hit a GPU bottleneck regardless?
You will hit a GAME ENGINE BOTTLENECK regardless.
Even with a 5.2GHz 8700k and 4000MHz RAM, playing on 720p low settings, most games are just programmed shitty and are incapable of 144FPS minimum on a super computer.

So either way, whether it's 8700k or 2700X, you're not going to get 144fps in EVERYTHING like you hoped for so you may as well save money and get the 2700X.

And at 1440p, yeah you're going to be GPU limited in going higher FPS anyway, even with a 1080ti.
Just aim for 90fps+ man. 90 fps looks WAY better than 60, but 144 isn't that hugely significant over 90+.

60+ is very worth it, even if it's just 75. But 144 is not worth it, no.

No reason not to, no.

Not buying GenuineIntel is a hate crime user - you don't want to go to jail do you?

> But 144 is not worth it, no
Why say things like this? 144Hz monitors are dirt cheap and enough old games will run at high enough framerates to generally make it worth it no matter what now.

Its fine. Will be good for gaming for several years.

Once you go 144hz you dont go back

Why is it only ugly kids?

A lot of old games dont like running at high frame rates. I swear something is slightly off in Max Payne when running at 144hz or higher

Is this young boy not attractive enough for you user?

What does that even mean

Funny you mention Max Payne, I was playing it no problem a week or two ago. I either had it with vsync on or with rivatuner at 140Hz for no gsync problems.

thanks my dudes.

Is rx560 2gb okay for $110?

NOLF skips cinematics above 60 FPS, VTMB doors and general timing is busted above 60 FPS, its annoying