I know it's a pretty random topic...

I know it's a pretty random topic, but is there actually a performance difference between a $20 electric toothbrush and $200 one?

What are some good brands? I really want something that will last a long time

Attached: best-electric-toothbrushes-1105427-TwoByOne.jpg (1080x540, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they're all the fucking same, you just pay for placebo gimmicks

just buy the cheapest oral-b/braun and you're safe

Get a waterpik and just brush normally idiot.

Ultrasonic toothbrushes are good, however end result is pretty much the same as manual brushing, as long as you actually know how to brush. Incidentally, most people don't know how to brush and what brushing is actually supposed to achieve.

I had the one on the far right (was 35€) and now I have the model on the far left (was 195€).
Difference is that you can use the sonic-cleaning one like a regular toothbrush while you have to move the cheap one in a specific way. Wouldn't say one makes more clean than the other.
only thing I hated about the cheap one was that the charger got dirty all the time

>not just glueing your toothbrush to you vibrator

They're nice because it's got a 2 minute timer. I use Sonicare and ordered over 20 brushes off ebay for $10 the brushes are usually $10 a piece

>not just scraping your teeth with a razor blade

at 10 cents a pop I'm barely spending a quarter a year on oral hygiene

>electric toothbrush
Why? Do you have a problem with your hands?

WHY PEOPLE WANT TO OVER COMPLICATE SIMPLE THINGS?

care to explain then?

Just get any cheap one, they're all good.

electric is improvement over manual since 90% of people don't brush properly and long enough, but differences between electric models are neglibible

Not the quoted, but you can find cute girls with a actual diploma in odontology teaching you how to fucking brush.

>waving hands vigorously like retard for five minutes vs hovering over them slowly for 2 minutes
why are you using computer when pic related exist? do you have problem with your mind?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2232x1644, 219K)

Cant tell any difference between my Chinese Digoo (rare-ish brand on export, the Xiaomi subbranded ones should be easier to find), to a philips or oral-b.

Not even the brush heads seem to have a different life span, and battery life is ~ the same too (= weeks without recharging, too long for me to care about the difference).

Is this really an argument?

Tell me your height and weight. I am pretty sure that you are morbid obese.

I'm but I don't see how it is anyhow related, we both use superior tools because we're lazy to use old ones because of inefficiency.

>I don't see how it is anyhow related
There is not many people around who complain about shaking their hand for a couple of minutes. If this tire you, you probably should consider some life style changes.

Look m8, I walk 5 Km a day to keep my mind and body working nice. I could easily drive or ride a bus, it would save much more time, but it's better to do this way.
Also, I like to do my personal hygiene in front of a mirror because i can see if something is wrong. Any time spend there is well spend.

>owning a vibrator

Don't damage your teeth. Only floss and use mouth wash. The toothbrush is a jewish shenanigan.

>I use computers because I'm too dumb to compute with my head, write letters etc.
>No you can't use electric brush because you're lazy, reconsider your choices !
You do shit to save time, I do shit to save time. And since my time unlike yours is not free I can't waste it in bathroom for shit that doesn't matter.

How many minutes do you save per day? 4?

i find brushing with an electric brush weirdly pleasurable, but not in a sexy way (although i have a DIY project for sexytime toothbrushes if anyone wants to see)

4x365=1460/60=24.3 (not counting leap years) x60(expected lifetime)=1460/365 = 4 years less spent in bathroom than I need
sounds like a good deal

was meant for

Oh shit watch out maths.

Now subtract the cost in work hours that you had to pay to get the brush bases and spare heads vs using the $2 dollar oral-b shit.

oh wrong, I save up only 60 days
still good

This is how you get ugly stained teeth, bad breath, and remain kissless forever.

You are not damaging your teeth if you use soft brush and brush properly.

>electric toothbrush
Why the fuck would you use them?

They not only clean a bit better (maybe the same, but you need to put more effort with a regular one) but also do something which is pretty important and that is the cleaning and massaging of the gums.
Afaik they are also better at cleaning the in-between tooth and gum area that floss can't reach.
Personally I brush a bit too hard with regular ones, and tend to do a bad job at it. My gums were usually in not as great condition.
Also, a cheap electric one is like 8 bucks, and replacements are cheap at around 1 or half that per piece. So you spend like what, 4 bucks a year?

In the end the most important part is flossing and eating less carbs, and drinking less sugary drinks, anyway.

You're found, Shlomo. Back to your rat caves you weasel dick slithering rat Jew.

Literally 1 hour and he saves 60 days

cleaning performance difference? no, but slightly more expensive ones will almost certainly use higher quality batteries/motors and will probably be quieter to some degree, my somewhat recent li-ion one is far quieter than the ones I used from the ni-mh days for instance
there's also two distinct methods for electric tooth brushes, the old motor design and the newer ultrasonic pulse ones
I think the price difference on the higher end ones just comes down to slight build quality differences and the amount of gimmicks they can tack on like phone integration, slightly more expensive ones have pressure sensors and may be more waterproof than the cheapest ones available

my one was around $50 though so I'm slightly biased

Waterpiks are fucking dumb. You don't get the level of plaque removal as floss and if you have bad dental hygiene habits it just forces bacteria under your gums where it fucks your shit up

Can I overclock my toothbrush? Should I invest in a good watercooling solution for it? How do we approach benchmarking for toothbrushes?

youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8
go chew gum, bucko

I have a Sonicare of 100 bucks and it's better than the >10yrs old Braun I had before.

These use a vibration type of movement instead of just rotating small brushes.

I wanted to buy the 200 bucks one, but I think it's an overpriced meme. It probably cleans in the same way, you just pay 100 more for the charging glass container, black colour and some extra controls on the body. But in the end, it still only brushes your teeth.

my gf picked up a top of the line one from philips, I wouldn't get it again, anything with a 2 minute timer is great for me

Not worth it. Actual brushing requires a lot of energy, and if you do it wrong you will fuck up your life.

Drop a hundred on a good electric toothbrush, move it slowly over your teeth, done.

It's not for brushing, it's to act as a conspicuous vibrator you retard.

(and maybe for brushing too)

I make $300 a day after taxes, and I'm just a pleb programmer.

literally green tea with amla is more effective than chlorhexidine without the dna damage

I like Rectal-B and Braun. A Waterpik is really nice; use it first.

Having used both electric and manual, electric toothbrushes don't have the ability to throughly clean hard to reach places. Everytime I use electric to brush, it misses spots so I still need to use a manual brush.

Electric is a meme.

>not rooting pic relating and using your own FLACs while maintaining good oral hygeine

Attached: 987269874362.jpg (992x454, 95K)

>there are people who still floss in 2018
>Not using interdental brushes

Also studies show that flossing has very little effect on dental health.

>(although i have a DIY project for sexytime toothbrushes if anyone wants to see)

Well, yeah. Show us

>Also studies show that flossing has very little effect on dental health.

While this is true, how the fuck am I supposed to jam pic related between my teeth?

Attached: 81qrcg7PF8L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 243K)

who did the studies? big dentist?

Get ultra-thin ones. If your teeth are too tight then you gotta stick to floss.

zip tie and a piece of silicon tubing cut to the girth of your wang

Attached: DSC01144.jpg (1536x2048, 489K)

What exactly does that do?

Attached: 1489874286855.jpg (408x439, 50K)

it makes the peepee feel all funny

It's not about laziness, electric toothbrushes are objectively more efficient is what he's saying. Like having an egg beater vs a blender to mix up cake ingredients. Yeah you can mix the shit yourself for about 20 mins but why do that when it takes 2 with an electric mixer?

Dun do it pupper!

Stay pure.

Why hasn't toothcleaning technology advanced past toothbrushes yet? I would instantly drop money on something that will save me from the tedium of brushing and flossing. We need a Elon Musk of toothbushes.