Why would anyone use anything other than java or c++ for anything backend related...

Why would anyone use anything other than java or c++ for anything backend related? There is quite literally 0 reason to use anything else. There is nothing you could accomplish in another language that you couldn't do with either of these.

Attached: 94_120815160636_1.jpg (420x317, 22K)

*argument blocked*

Attached: cpu.lisp.jpg (650x370, 91K)

I can write code faster in higher level languages. My time is worth more than processor time.

Your shitty argument only works against c++

There's also nothing you can accomplish in either of those languages that you can't accomplish in any other language. Meanwhile, plenty of languages are better suited to particular kinds of tasks than Java or C++

>I can write code faster in higher level languages.

implying writing code is the bottleneck in software development

>My time is worth more than processor time.

That's why Java, C++ developers make more money.

There is nothing you could accomplish in another language that you couldn't do with INTERCAL.

node is all you ever need

You should use the highest level language that your requirements allow. That way, you'll be faster than your competitors.
In any case, for backend I'd use a GC-ed langauge, since it allows for practical and correct concurrency.

Programming languages are tools. You use the tool best suited for the job and problem you're trying to solve. I know it's a complete waste of time replying to the bait but I'm gonna say it anyway. This unhealthy level of autism like the OP has is so destructive to have in a professional environment. People like the OP who get so political and will not budge on their own personal beliefs is what brings teams and potentially organizations down. Nobody has time for this kind of garbage.

At the end of the day you're being paid to understand a given problem and provide an adequate solution to that problem based on the limitations and resources available to you. Guess what OP, sometimes it makes more sense to use something other than C++ or Java based on many variables. Quite often there is no objective right answer to a solution. You will have several valid solutions that each have their own strengths and compromises.

But of course you know that, you're just trying to create this thread for the millionth time.

Golang for super easy concurrency, good speed, binaries, also its pretty neat

>lisp

Attached: 964.jpg (211x310, 32K)

import Servant
import Servant.API

You can do anything in asm. What's your point?

I'll continue using Haskell because I can do things with more reliable correctness and less complexity.

The thing people never seem to get is that Haskell is simpler.

>he thinks java is performant
never change, Jow Forums.

i wish pajeets like you would all drop dead

Cause the java language is very feature-poor and full of legacy shit and C++ is unsafe.

christ that is ugly

There's nothing you could accomplish in any language that you couldn't do with x64 assembly, either, you autist.
You would use C# if you wanted Java that's pleasant to write in, unless your autistic hate of Microsoft prevents it.

>C++ is unsafe
Only if you're retarded

package main

import "fmt"

func main() {
fmt.Println("Hello, world!")
}

That shit isn't even truly crossplataform. All usefull features don't work with .net core.
It's like they want you to use .net core to make the server and .net for a windows only client.
That's retarded. Java is superior.

>Why would anyone use anything other than java or c++ for anything backend related?
>There is quite literally 0 reason to use anything else.
It might have something to do with the overall stability and security of the systems which these languages are used on. Did that ever cross your mind, Poojeet? No, of course not. You struggle to poo in the goddamn loo, m8. Get a more firm grasp on reality.

>There is nothing you could accomplish in another language that you couldn't do with either of these.
A somewhat stable and relatively bug-free development environment and end products??? Faster programs that do one specific thing at a time (literally the UNIX philosophy) instead of trying to be a jack of all trades??? Software with legible comments because it was built and designed by somebody, really anybody, other than Rajj & Rajajesh the insufferable, rude, talentless, stinky and wholly unhygienic codemonkey Pajeets who can't speak or write English or any other commonly used (in businesses the world over) languages???

What exactly is your aversion to real programming languages caused by? Your own incompetence in the memory management department? Tell us the truth about your own failings and shortcomings as a "professional" ,OP, you massive OOP faggot. You know what OOP is backwards? It's POO! Have you ever studied POOP (principles of object oriented programming)? I bet you have, lmao.

Don't mind me, I'm just drunk as fuck and roasting the the living fuck out of such a low-effort OOP faggot shitposter like OP. OP is so gay that if roads were paved with cocks, he would walk on his ass. OP is such a massive faggot that he literally breathes dick.

Attached: 1507877583935.jpg (250x242, 9K)

You mad? Lol I used to work with C now I do C++, better in every lol

import Servant as VirginOp
vs
import qualified Engineer as ChadEngineer

Is that a specific framework?

I'm learning Scheme right now and I heard good things about Ring (Clojure)..

>All useful features don't work with .net core.
Name one.

Elixir

Brainfuck is the only true language

Attached: d39.png (1170x1169, 338K)

>POOP internet defense force is here
LMAOing @ ur choices in lyfe, faggoty McFaggetface. Look at me. I am the shitposter now!

Attached: 1524121003941.jpg (720x398, 81K)

>would anyone use anything other than java or c++ for anything backend related?
Why would anyone usa c++ on backend? It's like asking for trouble

How can be so sure that you, your pajeet coworkers and the people behind the libraries you use will never make a single mistake?

Ew Java, gross