Google assistant can now make phone calls for you

>Google assistant can now make phone calls for you
>Not a single thread on Jow Forums discussing this

Attached: 1468383472382.png (321x322, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pKVppdt_-B4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cortana had done this since the first day. It's nothing new.

Dude, I just watched this. I was absolutely blown.

Think of how many people will use this to trick other humans.

There have been several threads about this today already. Fuck off

Jow Forums prefers to do everything manually and slow, because they rather being living in hut making beans over a fire rather than tell a large company that their favorite anime is comprised of sexually explcit 8 year old girls with 500 year old demons living inside them, making them legal to procreate with in most countries

this, but fuck google

>assistant
fuck off
>you not wanting to give your data to the big players equals going back to the stone age
>when it worked well for the last two decades
yeah no shill

Google is shit.

Attached: google toilet paper.jpg (800x600, 64K)

>mfw Siri struggles to change songs

Attached: images.jpg (258x245, 11K)

>botnet in the year 2018

You may as well be living in the stone age if you're manually calling places and making reservations.

I thought it always had this ability. Is this different than "ok Google, call Bruce from Grindr"?

Good post.

Reminder that shit you say is recorded and uploaded to google servers.
Check myactivity.google.com for panic attacks, especially when you have an android with google.

STOP USING ANYTHING GOOGLE

What anime?

>implying this tech hasn't existed since dumb phones were a thing
Why does Google's voice activated calling even matter?

>Reminder that shit you say is recorded and uploaded to google servers.

So?

This
Nothing to hide. Nothing to fear.

I'm afraid. If we see this amount of tech progress, an Unabomber style lunatic will eventually bomb Google hq; to bring about chaos.

i think they mean it fakes your voice and stuff too, kek

After the YouTube incident, I'm sure every tech company has beefed up security. Plus, Google's HQ is probably in some giant plaza where you can't get a vehicle closer than 500 feet to any building unless they can inspect it.

Thanks. We'll have a much better list for later that way.

How does this even work.

Wavenet finally having an efficient enough implementation for real time use.

That's not how it works, it literally makes the phone call for you, so far it can only book appointments though

uh my waifu is a 500 year old vampire with 8 year old body that's legal are you a bigot bigot?

>2018
>phone calls

You're missing the point. It literally speaks for you. Watch this
youtu.be/pKVppdt_-B4

?

Attached: Helena.jpg (690x522, 61K)

There was a goddamn sticky thread yesterday fuck off

I dont make enough phone calls to need an assistant to make one. I think its the same for almost everyone here

Attached: 1461984388065.jpg (700x933, 252K)

> phosphorescence intensifies

>tfw that scene isn't the actual AI but the voice of Google Assistant making the call for presentation purposes
Even if that was truly the AI speaking, it probably only works for that one particular salon.

>there will be assistant to assistant calls
>we are moving into a world where glorified irc chat bots take over

Attached: pop gun.jpg (263x191, 12K)

it's not an assistant if you tell it exactly what to do and watch it do it
it's just a button removed from gui and operated by voice

Are you retarded? Watch the video

Haha guys why do we even bother to eat drink shit and piss haha, lets just make bots that do everything for us haha we dont live in the stone age right, we are so open to change like that haha, while we are at it why dont we stop thinking too and just buy a shitton of intel google and facebook stock haha, guys im so smug about my higher iq hahaha

what the fuck are you talking about

So when will Google breath for me? Doing it manually everyday is so inconvenient I'm almost traumatized.

> >Google assistant can now make phone calls for you
But why.

Soon

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x1024, 254K)

you're retarded if you think your life is so complicated that you need an assistant

Link to the entire keynote?

Attached: 1524902909592.jpg (768x1024, 92K)

Sheeeit can you imagine 5-10 years from now? AI will be so good at pretending to be human you can't even be sure if there are actual people talking to you over the phonen.

>implying I have contacts
>not memorizing your contacts
>not practicing daily anti-torture drills
Sóyboy

I can be sure since there are no actual people that I talk to.

Female English dubs are cancer

Never Change, also google sounds like a bimbo seems gay.

Naturally.

assistant shit has been really clunky from the get go, but everyone knew google would eventually get to the 'her' future eventually.
this was the first assistant demo that felt like a glimpse of that .

Daily reminder that the starting goals of google is for your brain to be physically connected to google.

>2018
>phone calls

wow, can it schedule my wife's bull appointments for me? she gets mad when i forget and doesn't let me clean up

I can't turn Google assistant off. :(

And so it starts.
Are you prepared Jow Forums?

My sóy is augmented

Who gives a shit? Nice trips tho

>make phone calls
not interesting, not even one bit
call me up (pun intended) when it can receive calls correctly more than 90% of the times and is able to put all the pajeets call centers out of business. then we will talk (another one, get it? hehe echs dee)

When is this live though?

Man, this is actually kinda cool. Unnerving to a disturbing degree, but a cool tech demo nonetheless.

>useless half baked feature hyped and will be shut down in a year, people will be shocked

you know these things are built so some nerd get a promotion/raise and not intended as consumer service, right?

>you still can't tell it to do whatever you want
>it can only call to schedule haircuts and oil changes
wake me up when I can tell my Google Secretary to call the sex chat hotline and listen to the girl on the other line pretend to have phone sex with a robot voice

they either pre recorded some shit, told the saloon they are testing a service or tried a google times and 1 was successful. Frankly, I would be surprised if anyone falls for this

if the fail rate of communication is even 10% (which is quite impressive for A.I.) people won't bother using it and will make the call themselves. I bet it's much higher though.

in a parallel universe it turns out to be too good a people learn to ignore cold calls / cut the cord because spammers are unbearable as is.

These '''smart''' 'ai's only benefit the companies trying to datamine the users

It was a recording and stage idiot. It made me remember the fake Kinect "capabilities" Microsoft claimed in its presentation years ago, and yet people fell in this kind of bullshit again.

Attached: 18-qhhWSaP.jpg (2000x3000, 434K)

only shills and self appointed influencers are excited though

mmmm, so?

so no one fell for it who has no incentives to pretend to did so

Chinks and Europoors absolutely BTFO. The Mutts won AI

Something to hide. Something to fear

>phone assistant pajeet scammers phone your phone assistant
Terminator 10

I just have my IRL assistant do this sort of thing

>set up an adult hotline with a bot trained to dirtytalk with horny old men
i am rich.

Does anyone here use Google Assistant? Does it do anything useful? I thinking of downloading it

Normally I'd be happy about such technology advancement, but knowing it's all botnet, based on botnet, made possible with botnet and botnet itself makes me sad.
It's like big brother corp. building a very nice looking house with human corpses as bricks.

You don't need to fall for it to make the appointment with the machine

It turns on my lights

Just don't buy one, you retard.
IoT is tech cancer.

Is sets reminders and timers for you as well as compares prices of on screen items with local stores.

Ok? And people couldn't hold a tape player to the phone before? Nothing new.

work on your b8 skills

>Google assistant can now make phone calls for you
Maybe 4U. Not for me.

Stating a fact that this isn't new technology is now bait?

>google assistant is reading my screen 24/7
>can't ask it to read my screen aloud to me, just the first sentence of a Wikipedia article if I'm lucky (genuinely have to be lucky, even that doesn't work half of the time)
Can one of the slaves in this thread forward this to your lizard man overseers? I'd really like this feature.

I'm more impressed by the voice synthesizer, its so real. There will be a point when I can have a sexy babe read me all your Jow Forums posts. Or a book in real time. Hope this tech goes offline.

>Google assistant can make posts for you