What are the perks to open suse?

Why should i use it? What are the perks?

Attached: opensusan.png (1200x760, 64K)

snapper

The cons far outweigh the perks
You're better off installing gentoo

what are the con and pros?

not him but

pros
>bleeding edge rolling release with tumbleweed
>very well maintained
>best choice if you want kde
>zypper
>snapper
>yast
>appguard instead of selinux
>very sane defaults
>mainly non-autist community
>normiefriendly with leap
>european based

cons
>bleeding edge rolling release with tumbleweed
>therefore sometimes behaves like arch
>you better know your shit with filesystems when installing it

some anons also state that it's unstable, but i haven't managed to crash it, just had some minor problems with my network connection, but nothing someone with some experience in administrating linux machines could fix. i'd say just try it for a few days/weeks, i was a redhat/gnome-user for almost two decades, made the switch and never looked back.

How do you just try linux distributions? Don't you lose all your settings?

multiboot, my friend!

teach me

Don't fall for the gentoo meme, they're trying to troll you.
Use devuan, based on debian with all the awful things removed. Search anywhere for more details.

just follow the instructions on your monitor during the install (but especially if it's your first time, back your shit up in case something fucks up). if you don't want to do this, use a live system on a flashdrive.

Distro hopped for like two years. Tried open-suse because people here were shilling it and because i wanted to try kde.
I'm not gonna distro hop anymore desu.

This

Also it has less packages than Arch but has faster updates thanks to openQA.

German engineering

>sometimes behaves like arch
snapper is really useful on these situations, also whenever you update your kernel, it leaves an entry for the old one on grub, it helped me a lot when linus decided that i don't need a trackpad/trackpoint on my thinkpad.

A distrohopper never stops distrohopping.

Works for me, shits itself rarely, snapshots are cool, yast is good, KDE dont glitch.
Sure, poettering crapware like systemd and pulseaudio is there... But there is no not neet distros for desktop without those things

the only time opensuse completely died on me was while using tumbleweed, an update broke everything and i didnt know that a rollback via snapshots was possible.

t. ex-tumbleweed user
now on leap desu, kde is a bit old but i think a new leap version will be released soon.

I don't recall when exactly, but it's around the 20-25th of this month, Leap 15

Just partition your hard drive into 2 sections. Its extremely easy desu just watch a video.

I thought devuan was kill

Is this the reason it no longer freakin works?? HOW.. WHY?

Honestly what I thought until tried gentoo. So good there is no point using anything else.

No clue, i updated to 4.15 and they stopped working, i booted from 4.14 and everything was ok (i didn't even roll back the updates, just used an older kernel), updated again to 4.16 and everything works again.