The year 2018

>the year 2018
>no flying cars
>no real ai
>no cool hologram phone deals
>Instead we get a few smart phones with no headphone jacks and some robots that open doors/do flips
Are humans just retarded? Why can’t we get this shit right?

Attached: A06A7522-C7D1-4F46-A8D6-5ADE714E2EBB.jpg (624x351, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=78-1MlkxyqI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All those exist now. However, you will only get to play with those new toys AFTER a government uses them in wartime.

Attached: prna.jpg (300x533, 39K)

Well they need to hurry up with wwiii already cause I’m already bored of the current “tech” available. Yawnsville city

I know this is a bait thread but I have some spare time so I'll reply.

For starters, what do you mean by "real ai"? Not all implementations of AI have the purpose of being sentient, most of them just need to be able to recognize problems and try solutions, then evaluate if such solutions are valid ones (like most animals).

Tell me how many people are willing to pay 10k+ for a hologram phone with bad performance and shitty battery or 1m+ for a flying car with the autonomy of a cheap droid. The products you want are possible to make but not commercially viable at the moment.

The only thing you asked for that will be used in WW3 are "flying cars" and that's because they already exist. Application-specific AI perform much better than generic AI and are easier to make and tweak. Hologram phones are just a gimmick.

futurism is just for rich people just like the movie elysium. the rich get all the fancy high tech gadgets and live in exclusive communities and the poor use old makeshift technology and live in abandoned cars.

>>no real ai
>t. retard

I’m talking ai that’s realistic enough we could form relationships with them. We could have ai for neets and incels that could actually communicate/respond. There’s no way ai is at the level we’ve seen advertised yet.
Honestly I was just thinking how we’re not at the prosperity yet to have these things that only a few years ago movies depicted us having by now. I guess that speaks more about economic situations though

Flying cars are not going to be used in war because we already have helicopters and anything that needs to drive around has to be armored and thus too heavy to fly. Someone might develop a tow unit powered and controlled by the helicopter that hauls it around on the ground, but that's it.

The flying cars we do have are really roadable aircraft. You can drive them to an airport, fly, land at an airport, then drive to your destination, and thats it. We're nowhere near the miniature airship behavior people actually wanted, and certainly nowhere near the price of a regular car.

Source: my ass

Stop hanging out on anonymous basket weaving image boards, gets some friends, get a girlfriend and get a life.

Why would you even want a flying car? Massively increased fuel consumption and safety concerns. People crash cars on land all the time, now add a third dimension to that. Not to mention airspace trafficking and all sorts of shit. It's a pipedream that has no real reason to exist other than old movies and shit

>the year 2018
Yes it is
>no flying cars
Flying cars are impractical. Theres a reason no R&D goes into them. First humans will want to make vertical takeoff for planes and spaceships viable before thinking about cars. cars already have a high accident and mortality rate when just being on land, so adding another dimension for humans to watch out for is impractical. even if self driving cars and AI in the future become practical, there is no reason for Earth to implement them
>no real ai
ai is a meme term that has gone through so many complete definition changes over the years that when corporations say AI they just mean bots that can collect your personal information without you knowing it. "real ai" doesn't mean anything.
>no cool hologram phone deals
terchnology in movies may look cool, but are impractical, which is what technology is designed to be, practical to make our lives easier. Why would holograms be a good idea when a video call like Skype or Facetime do the same thing without taking up so much space?
>Instead we get a few smart phones with no headphone jacks and some robots that open doors/do flips
robotics are in their early stages. You might be unimpressed with being able to build and program a robot that can open doors and flip in the air and then land on its feet, but its just the beginning for robotics. Based on your post though, it seems like you want the future to be like your movies with technology being impractical but if you were to show a caveman he would be amazed because of how different it is. Next time you watch a movie, ask yourself "is this big and bulky but cool thing I'm looking at have any practical use or is it just designed so the viewer can know the setting is the future?"
if you think current technology is boring, you know nothing about history.

>voluntarily being around people

Fuck you I want ai sex bots NOW

>no flying cars

I seriously doubt this will ever happen because people already can't handle normal on the ground cars. At best we might get nice maglev tech that hovers the car a lil bit off the ground so we won't always need tires anymore so we wouldn't have to worry about running stuff over causing tires to pop. Honestly I'd be satisfied with that.

The thing with holographic tech is to actually get rid of carrying fucking shit around all day (like these huge frying pan smart phones). That WOULD increase practicality if we found a way to integrate it within a small device atleast . Then there was the whole buzz about the google glasses that had holographic features.
I agree with about everything else honestly flying cars would be pretty stupid, and ai is dumb meme shit too. THIS is what’s to show nowadays for passable ai?m.youtube.com/watch?v=78-1MlkxyqI

Bionic body parts are going to be all the rage within the next 20 odd years, that much is a given.

Would be nice if it could fix the fact that my left eye has optic nerve damage so I'm mostly blind in it (kinda hard to explain what it's like but I do mostly use my right eye.)

I hope they invent an effective bionic dick.Testosterone implants already exist so you don't need balls. I would like to be able to sex and masturbate when I'm 90.

CPU speeds have been stagnating since 2008

>flying cars
fucking dipshit american drivers already have enough trouble driving in 2 dimensions. what makes you think they need a 3rd

I feel you
>Natural language interpretation still sucks
>Mental interfaces are at sticks-and-stones level right now
>Nuclear energy has been standing still for the last 60 years
>Quantumcomputing is going to take a while

The near future will be great

We don't have flying cars anywhere

>All those exist now
then show me a flying car retard

Attached: Screenshot_20180508-105201.png (2560x1440, 2.27M)

>260 ping

that would be illegal.

If 'flying cars' happen, they will probably look something like this. Automated, multi-rotor aircraft with a small passenger cabin. Likely they'll operate on an Uber-style service.

Attached: ehang-184.png (864x560, 168K)

hologram phones might take up less space in your pockets, but you would also have to have a place to display the hologram, which is what I was referencing. As of right now, any technology that would make holograms without accessories like glasses viable would make them bulkier than current smart phones. Also, with smart phones, you can choose a lot of different models that are different sizes. Using the iPhone as an example, you can choose between the iPhone 8+ that has dimensions of 6.24Hx3.07Wx0.3W inches and weighs just over 7 ounces which is large, or you could go with the iPhone SE and the dimennsions 4.87Hx2.31Wx0.3D inches, and only weighs 4 ounces and is tiny. Not every smart phone is gigantic.

My point was, when people think flying car, they think of the jetsons.
Literally the second part of my post.

Id get my real arm amputated to get a fully functional cool looking robotic arm straight outta fma

Why on earth would people develop such a thing for 1% of the poor and autistic population? You don't fucking matter.

>no flying cars

Attached: 1515325764812.jpg (812x867, 77K)

Those things would be happening if hitler won WW2

Attached: pdp.jpg (800x500, 38K)

>I’m talking ai that’s realistic enough we could form relationships with them.
We already have dating sims, sex dolls, siri, and alexa. Don't worry, the technology is almost here.

Won’t be saying that when the incels start rising up, just because you wouldn’t share your lil sex bots. Kike

>Why on earth would people develop such a thing for 1% of the poor and autistic population?
See We already have things being developed for the exact people you said 'dont matter'.

>implying its not lonely old white men that have the most money right now

Truth outspoken!!!

he has a point

this ipc's have remained consistently not shit but an exponential gain like we "should have" seen hasn't been

this so much, but chances are you wont survive to play with them :D

Pretty much every SciFi or CyberPunk tech thing that people say is "HERE NOW!" is a fucking meme, and still in it's most infancy of infancies.

We won't ACTUALLY have these things for another 100years at least.

the funny thing about nuclear energy is that the technology itself has progressed quite a bit compared to the 80s, but fearmongers still protest nuclear power plants even though its the safest and most efficient power source we have

I wouldn't be so optomistic.
Even in 10 years it'd still be like dating an amazon alexa stuffed into a chuck-e-cheese animatronic furry.
It won't be passable (ie like a trap) for a long time

>2018
>no radical life extension technology
>you were born just in time to be the last generation to age and die

Attached: ).jpg (268x188, 5K)

Because instead of working together to create them we work seperately because of everyone wants to get rich and keep the money to themselves. Thus we have patents and IP shit. Look at all the robotics technology available. If everyone was to pool their resources we could have had realistic robo waifus years ago. Look at all the different AI shit. Google. Amazon. Microsoft etc. If they had pooled their resources we could have had realistic AI years ago. Yet everyone wants to be the first to develop their own shit because of...Jews.

>the 50th last generation to age and die
FTFY

Attached: zViHW.jpg (1600x1200, 655K)

asshole

maglev cars would also reduce friction by so much that fuel costs would be negligible, and electric cars would be able to run for days.

smart people realized there's way more and easier money in selling stupid useless shit like animated emoji facebook phones to millions of retards than there is in trying to develop truly advanced tech which only the military and government are allowed to have anyway

How long do you think an 18 year old person (i.e me) will live, Mr. Trips?

stupid commie
that's not how things work

Ugh... air?

Air?

>2018
>advances in manufacturing have gotten so shitty that they call IoT (slapping WiFi chips on all components) the ‘4th industrial revolution’
Shits fucking disgusting. Manufacturing hasn’t gone anywhere new except 3D-meme printing. Why the fuck am I even in this industry?

id like to add NO FUCKING HOVERBOARDS???
What the FUCK man.

Corporations slowed advancement in the name of profit

It takes a lot of fuel to fight energy loss of a cars friction with air - the road is only part of it. Maglev isn't going to remove the air friction.

The friction from air is still nothing compared to driving on a road.
A properly designed car, which incorporates proper aerodynamics in its design will no doubt perform much better in terms of energy efficiency if it is hovering above the ground.

This

I'm glad it's not just me in feeling that technology has stagnated, I feel we're on the edge of a new revolution though. Especially after the google keynote today, watching duplex talk to someone was almost human. We're on the right track, we're just taking it slow right now.

Girls are dumb enough to be approximated by AI, so you're lucky here.

less than your parents generation, probably

> the year 1955
> no repellatron flying suit
> no food pills
> no inertialess drive

are humans just retarded?

Attached: Paul-2.5B.jpg (320x432, 55K)

diegetic prototypes. we have devolved to the point where some apple fanboi renders a pic of what he wants the next iphone to look like, he posts it online and suddenly people think it's real.

you know what would be cheaper than sending colonists to mars? making a documentary that pretends we've already done it.

>Are humans just retarded?
Yes, at least 90% are born retarded and will never achieve more than a normal life.

Flying cars will need to wait before we get AI traffic control integrated into an AR system to guide the driver or just control the cars that fly by using propulsion systems that we are not even close to inventing.

>bionic body parts
My dick is getting hard just thinking about it.

It's a shitty agenda being pushed by the fossil fuel industry, Chernobyl happened because the Russian government wanted to sell fossil fuels and gas.

That looks absolutely useless, 23 min, 100km/h top speed, charging time 6 to 11 times higher than working time, only 1 person. Only way that'll make money is if electricity is free and no maintenance is required for at least 5 years.

We're in 2018 but mentally people are still in the 90s.
There's completely no community aspect in IT, everyone is an arrogant know-it-all refusing to rely on other people's work and making everything from the ground up even if someone spent their entire life perfecting this particular piece of software.
Things has gotten way to complicated for one person to handle, yet retards are still trying to one-up each other because of their God complex. This board is a perfect example of that.

>Are humans just retarded? Why can’t we get this shit right?
Entitled retard. >hurr durr it's 2018 why no X Y yet?

>My dick is getting hard just thinking about it.
You should get your wee-wee down before it gets dangerous.
Who's gonna produce these parts? Some government-owned firms? Google? Another garbage company like that?
Your bionic parts will NOT be your properties and you will be subject to some kind of EULA.
Constant spying, restricted movements and memory manipulations.
I don't want to live in such a shithole and I don't care about living forever.

I live in the EU nibba, ain't no amerifat cumpany gon' restrict my bionick dick.

>Google AI passes the touring test
>meanwhile user sitting in his moms basement complains about the state of technology in 2018

wew lad

>For starters, what do you mean by "real ai"? Not all implementations of AI have the purpose of being sentient, most of them just need to be able to recognize problems and try solutions, then evaluate if such solutions are valid ones (like most animals).

Today AI is a meme, is the same old math algorithms.
Today we have more powerful computers, and more people working in deep learning, but we are still far from breakthrough of real AI.

Progress today is slower than we though it would be 20 years ago, we are stuck.

Maybe if WW3 happen, it would help use advance again.

It's spelled turing you fucking ingrate and it's a total meme. Give me general AI or fuck off

>we are still far from breakthrough of real AI
what does "real AI" mean?

>Progress today is slower than we though it would be 20 years ago, we are stuck.
I agree with you on this. I think this is due in part to comoditization of computers which brought in the second half of the 90s. Today we have no equivalent to the SGI or Sun UNIX workstations and we don't have anything like PARC or Bell Labs.

The popularization of ARM did not do much to control the brain damage of continued x86 use and I doubt RISC-V will change anything.

We'll not see change in the civil market unless a jew finds a way to make HUGE money out of it.

>general AI
- Expensive development and execution
- Ineffective
- Wasteful

Good luck convincing companies to work on it.

What about the third world? They're even worse. I can't imagine a world of flying cars in countries like India, where people use their horn to indicate their location rather than use sparingly.

>no flying cars

Attached: Cormorant-UAV-self-flying-robotic-ambulance-4.jpg (800x380, 24K)

No, they eliminated competition for profit, then found there was no need to innovate except for the minimum level necessary to complete with their own past products.