Modern Laptops. Which is best?

Modern Laptops. Which is best?

Attached: intro_large.jpg (1040x823, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369981,00.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>odern
x220 with linus operating system
>ancient
x60 with linus operating system

Attached: best.jpg (1200x900, 149K)

A T530 with i7 3840QM, NVS 5400M, nine-cell battery and the 99% sRGB AUO panel, with aftermarket 16gb RAM and 1TB SSD, alongside a 1050ti eGPU.

also 2012

Fuck off Jow Forumstards. Can anyone who isn't dumb post a laptop made in the last 3 years?

> 99% sRGB
> eGPU
Fuck this shit. I'd rather a M4600 with Adobe RGB IPS panel and upgrade the MXM GPU to some 1060 or 1070.

Pic related is a 2018 detachable tablet.

Attached: XZ6.jpg (445x198, 22K)

Probably a maxed out P51 or P71 with Xeons.

Attached: 1524011095342.gif (320x240, 1.83M)

Here you have one which was good in the past 3 years for me.

Attached: best.jpg (1200x900, 176K)

You want portability or power?

Either way I'd say Dell XPS 13 or Lattitude

HP zBook my Friend

This.

>modern laptops
>good
>laptops
>good

Anything corporate grade.
Thinkpad X1, Latitude 7490, HP Elitebooks are all good options.

15+ inch laptops with a screen taller than 16:9. Not the Surface Book or the Macbook Pro. Is there anything like this made within the last five years?

Thinkpad X1 Carbon
Thinkpad T480
Dell XPS
Dell Latitude 7000

A panasonic laptop that you can't even buy because it's Japanese. Nice try, faggot.

Modern laptops are shit unless they have Ryzen processors in them. Get a Sandy/Ivy Bridge-based Thinkpad, swap in a quad-core, replace the display panel and plug in an expresscard eGPU. You're welcome.

So what if it's japanese? I won't buy one because I don't need an ultraportable workstation and because of the price, but I could easily order one if I ever had to.

Can you explain how you would easily order one? I have tried.

Mail-forwarding services. My third world shithole has plenty of those with us, yuro, chink and nip warehouses and fake delivery addresses.

None, they all are shit, just some are less shittier shit

The 2016/2017 MacBook Pros with Retina Display and Touch Bar are the best laptops currently available.

bought the xiaomi notebook pro (i5 version) some months ago and i'm pretty happy with it
ttied w10 (came with it), debian, xubuntu, w7 and i'm currently running manjaro on it
havn't got any problems besides some driver issues with the graphics card when i installed manjaro and linux not dtecting the fingerprint reader well, still a very nice machine for the price

>linus operating system
that moment when you created operating system but you must keep doing videos for 10 yo's to earn money

unchallenged superiority of this sub $250 model

Attached: AcerChromebook11_overview_features_large.jpg (1920x957, 170K)

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro-grijs.jpg (1024x540, 52K)

Xiaomi notebook pro

This is what I use. Unless you're looking to play games, aside from older emulators, this "laptop" is all you'll need.

>modern laptop
>good

Laptops peaked at 2012. Anything newer is utter trash.

>Which is best?

Thinkpad P51

good for the money for sure but not the best

T480s

Attached: Screenshot 2018-05-09 at 10.59.26 AM.png (1366x768, 1.07M)

Not going to lie, if you can find a refurb Blade Stealth that shit is amazing. Super lightweight, screen looks amazing, sound is surprisingly good both speakers and 3.5, virtualization performance is fantastic. All that aside, lightweight with some damn good build quality.

Got the 8550u model and I'm absolutely loving it. Wouldn't pay full price for it but for $750 for a refurb with mild cosmetic damage it's the best laptop I've ever had.

the ones with a battery which lasts you a whole day and have the ports you need

Dell XPS
LG gram

Dell

Cute image.

what do you guys think about a Mac book Pro? im looking to get a new laptop for electronic music making and Macs look sleek and protable like i could program beats anywhere

It's fucking awful not to have an escape key. How am i suppised yo use VIM?

thinkpads are the only "good" laptop, everything else is shit, now fuck off

I own a 2017 MBP 13" no touch bar and it's great. The lack of ports is a minor annoyance.

In saying that, I also own a ThinkPad X220 and honestly, there's not much you can do on a Mac that can't do on the ThinkPad. The trackpad is useless and I can't really get used to the trackpoint nub but with a mouse, you won't know the difference. PS: i'm using Ubuntu on the ThinkPad.

It is overpriced and underspec’d.

Don't mention anything about Apple or everyone will call you a shill numale

I've heard the audio output of the MacBook is better. Also get it if you need exclusive apps like logic pro

i've been toying between mbp, surface book 2 and dell xps

mbp is pricey but that screen is top tier, brighter than the rest by miles too

i mainly want the mbp because at least they went usb c/thunderbolt 3 all over

Dell XPS 9570.

Attached: Dell-XPS-15-9570.jpg (960x577, 109K)

Surface Pro 2?

Alienware 15 R2 + 1080TI in amp?

Lenovo W540?

Dell Precision M4800?

All decent machines, except for that stupid 4K touch on the Alienware. But free is free...

Surface book 2 if it wasn't so god damn expensive

don't really like how the hinge can't sit flat but guess it works holding up a 15" tablet

Are you fags srs? Ryzen cant beat coffee lake fags

I work on a 2013 MBP and on a late 2017 one.
Both are dogshit.

I have my eye on this

Razer blade/stealth are actually nice as fuck computers

Chrome OS doesn't have a proper video player. When I play torrented video, it struggles to play them properly with the features I want (subtitles and audio switching, etc)

put linux on it y

Not much to dislike. Checks most boxes. However if you plan on using your webcam, get something else.

I like my Eluktronics branded Clevo W650KK1
I bought it without CPU, RAM or storage device, but with the 1050ti.

I put in a G4560, 16GB 2100 MHz single stick of RAM, some 500GB HDD I pulled out of a dead laptop and a m.2 MTX x6000 SSD. The only shitty bits are that the m.2 slots don't have the securing screws in the box and I resorted to sticking on foam onto the heat spreader to have the case keep it secured by pushing it in. Complete nigger-rig on my part.
Also the cooling is kinda middling, doesn't have UEFI or customizable fan curves and they're set to be quiet instead of keeping my shit cool. Don't bother trying to replace the factory paste you'll only screw things up.

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369981,00.asp

i dont care too much about the webcam, a phones camera would be a good backup anyway

Depends on your needs, this one is mine. Powerful yet thin.

Attached: MSI_NB_-GS65-Stealth-Thin_photo08_1200x1200.png (1200x1200, 142K)

desu senpai

Waiting upon it's release currently

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-e585-hero.png (725x515, 74K)

you posted it OP

Alienware 17 r5 with tobii eye tracking and a VR headset

Map caps-lock to esc.

Attached: A5BF79CE-40A0-4534-B670-93007EB9FF94.jpg (640x640, 116K)

>autism speaks
The escape key is there on the touch bar, though.

It's a touchscreen; it has no keys.

Okay, the escape "key" is there on the touch bar.

That's the problem

Dat jQuery tho

How good is the x1 carbon when it comes to playing games? I've been using an older thinkpad with an i5 5200u and while I cant touch modern stuff I can at least play grandstrategy games like ES2 EUIV with it.

>e series
>amd

kys

have any shipped yet? I need to know if the keyboard is the piece of shit flat-top chiseled style or if it's the decent concave-top and rounded lower edge style, ala modern thinkpads and some latitudes

16:9 consumer trash
Huawei is the only acceptable answer. Or an x220 IPS to hold you over until dell ships a 3:2 laptop

Speaking of laptops, I'm looking for a decent laptop for my house. Nothing too terribly big atleast maybe 13'' or smaller. I have a small room so I wouldn't have anywhere to actually place the laptop.
I found a few cooperate grade ones that are cheap because they're older models but still decent.
Is there a huge significance going from DDR3 (LPDDR and all of its derivatives) to DDR4?
My mate told me its generally battery life and performance comparison is minimal but I'm not too certain.
Also, how good are the Intel M3 CPUs? I can't find anything outside of intel shilling.

name 1 good reason anyone who works for a living should avoid a 16:9, let alone a 16:9 at 400 nits with 100% adobe srgb coverage

Anyone who works for a living instead of watching Netflix needs to read more than 10 vertical lines of text at a time, retard.

Every Intel M cpu is shit. Look up notebookcheck reviews and trust nobody else. Pay attention to thermal throttling and scree. Measurements. Get nothing with less than a 1000:1 contrast and a .05 black level or lower. Get an 8th gen i5 or i7 that will run at 3.0ghz minimum. Make sure it lasts 8 hours on Web browsing at medium brightness. And then buy the Huawei matebook X pro.

It's literally made for media; it's a compromise between 4:3 and widescreen cinema ratios to minimize letter/pillarboxing.

interesting, last time i checked i could comfortably fit 3 60x80 panes on my shitty t430 tn, with an xboxhuge fontface for my shitty eyes

>hurr durr widescreen if for moobies
It's a better aspect ratio. Instead of some ancient teetering piece of shit with a high center of gravity and shitty ARs on tiled windows, I have a machine that makes better use of available space and lets me tile more than 2 windows side-by-side without having to reflow text or scroll horizontally

I've always hated carrying 16:9 laptops, they seem so long and dumb. Not to mention the aspect ratio blows more than your mom. Now this is a real laptop. Edge to edge keyboard in a small size, no deeper than the keyboard and trackpad, small but still enough vertical height.

Attached: PowerBook G4 2.png (1440x900, 732K)

you're a literal homosexual

no u

u mom

Im thinking of buying a Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro instead of a Macbook-pro as its cheaper and high spec for the money and the fact that i can use linux which i want instead of macos which i never use.

only thing that bothers me is that i never heard of that brand before as well as the whole "its chinese" worries me and like buying a quality product that wont break in 10 months isnt a thing with something branded as chinese

anyone own Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro and can tell me what kind of laptop it is?

autist

just get a ps4

>not wanting to go backwards is autistic

Attached: 1475192409240.jpg (512x384, 41K)

>just get a ps4
I need portability though. I was looking at those ideapads too but theres no customization options available on lenovos aus website which is just a pain

I've been using one for 6 months and so far its awesome. Build quality is excellent. The keyboard feels great, and I like the layout. The only annoyance I've enxountered is the finger print reader being finicky at times, but that's probably Windows Hello being retarded. Linux also runs great.

Get the E585

Has anyone of you ever tried a Lenovo Ideapad 110S? I'm looking for a light, small netbook with decent battery life for light work at school (I'm a teacher) and I can get this model of Ideapad from Amazon for 244€. I will probably install Puppy Linux and Echinus on it though, I don't mean to keep Windows 10 on such a device.

The old PowerMac design was literally GOAT. We'd have bezel-less screens by now if it weren't for that shitty webcam no one uses.

Didnt those come out just last month? Money isnt an issue for me but you'd think they'd be pretty scarce right now.

kys webshit
>if(
>not if (
kys webshit

(sorry)

I'm looking at an ideapad 720 to replace my e550 since the e585 doesnt look like its going to make it to australia for some weird reason and I'd like to know what others think of this line too.

If you don't mind paying for overpriced shit, the Dell XPS range is breddy good. I have a 9360 myself and I'm very satisfied with it. More powerful, lighter and IMO better keyboard than its contemporary MBA.

Either a Librem13/15 or if you need vydia a System76 something

Does that have a 1070 Max-Q or the desktop model?

/comfy/

is this hard to do? i know its subjective, but for reference I only come here to talk about consumer electronics.

Recommendation for a