Anyone else absolutely hate the "future" we're currently in regarding phone technology?

Anyone else absolutely hate the "future" we're currently in regarding phone technology?

Everything is starting to become super thin at the cost of battery, with rounded corners, no bezels with more shatter prone screens, no headphone jacks, elongated aspect ratios, and full of necessary botnet "AI" that just kill more battery and data-mines you.

Attached: 0020331_google-pixel-2-xl-64gb128gb-ready-stock-in-black-black-white[1].jpg (1920x1248, 90K)

It sounds to me that you don't like progress grandma. Your generation will eventually die out, no worries, and we'll all be truly free, not limited by backwards thinking. So that true progress can happen.

Attached: WUCNR1Kn40g.jpg (1080x903, 231K)

Get one of these, the total opposite of your description and I love it

Attached: bb-ko-be-1.jpg (620x349, 26K)

The librem 5 is maybe possibly the answer to your concerns but we'll have to see what the hardware is like when it comes out.

This is not progress you blind idiot

Battery life for the size of screens and all the shit that runs on the things is not bad at all. I always end the day with 25-35% charge. The more screen, the better in my opinion as long as it doesn't have a fucking cutout looking piece at the top for a camera. The botnet is equal parts intrusive and useful but you are never going to escape corporate, dystopian rule. Give up.
But phones do feel like they're in a somewhat uncomfortable transition period. Phones are the best they've ever been, but the form factor is reaching its peak. We need bendable displays or flip phones again. Or a fucking heads up display. Wire me up and force more targeted ads directly into me, Google senpai.

Attached: 1521193418232.jpg (1663x438, 544K)

>$600
Literally why? Can it even run android apps?
also, checked.

It runs android 7.0.1 right now, it's pretty close to stock other than some enhancements.
>why expensive
Because blackberry is the only company spending money for the R&D of physical phone keyboards and the target market is business users
But you can get it for like $400 or less if lucky or discounted

Sorry I'm retarded I meant to quote

Oh, alright

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-180805.png (1080x1620, 89K)

>Everything is starting to become super thin at the cost of battery
Phones stopped doing that a year ago
>with rounded corners, no bezels
Yes, that's exactly what everyone wants
>with more shatter prone screens, no headphone jacks, elongated aspect ratios, and full of necessary botnet "AI" that just kill more battery and data-mines you.
No one cares, don't drop your phone. It werks fine, I'm happier than ever with my S8+. With Google garbage disabled I get up to 9 hours of screen time which is the best battery life I've ever had.

Blame the dumb retards that buy this shit.

this

I got a regular pixel 2, the bezels on top are slightly large, and i wish theyd make the top bezels 2mm shorter between the screen and the speakers, but side bezels are good

that and its slippery as all fucking hell gonna need a super thin cover or skin that adds some friction to the back

shit battery life though.

> its slippery as all fucking hell

Attached: Sweaty-Hands.jpg (600x450, 35K)

>Because blackberry is the only company
Technically it's not Blackberry, it's their "hardware partner", TCL. But yes, Blackberry-branded phones are the only ones that seem to be trying to do anything different. Everyone else walks in lockstep, which is more or less expected of a commoditized sector to be honest. The thing that I can't understand is that people are beginning to copy BAD design decisions (mostly from Apple, ie notch, too thin and lack of headphone jack)

>elongated aspect ratios
That is good though.

Fits better in a pocket, like old "candybar" phones.

>Give up.
You are a weak person.

It sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. Most of these designs are an almost immaculate balance of features. Phones aren't all about specs and battery. They're a user experience too, and people like things that look nice. People also like more screen real estate, while still being ergonomic, hence the taller displays. AI is helping create better photos while keeping the internals small, as well as actually intelligently managing background applications to SAVE battery.

If you want an indestructible, thick, big battery piece of trash then buy one. Everyone wants different things in their phones.

could someone PLEASE recommend me a recent android phone with a screen under 4.5 inches diagonal?

My galaxy S is getting old and too laggy with newer versions of android

>Don't drop your phone

Accidents are inevitable, the real negligence is in risk management

its slippery when super dry hands, lotioned hands, wet hands, cummy hands

its just slippery

Trying to stay off the grid is the easiest way to lead a messy, unemployed life. Use the grid against itself instead.

get a dbrand to improve grip, ever since I got one it got considerably better. Naked it's basically a soap bar waiting to fall off your hands.

There is none

Apple is the only one currently making acceptable phones aren't phablet size

The moto g5 is only 5 inch. Good phone too.

Otherwise it's the iPhone SE for you my friend

>hating the future
don't worry, you can stay behind :^)

mein neger

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-125210.png (1080x1620, 83K)

I like how one of them says mobile network signal and the other one says cellular network signal

How about you shoot the grid, set it on fire, or blow it up? Then we're all off the grid and will have to come up with something different.

It doesn't run android apps. That is kinda part of the point. Some foss android apps may be ported to it, but it wouldn't come with datamining/botnet software.

which one?, the site is such dark shit i cant tell what texture they have, but i was looking at the matte black one

>Anyone else absolutely hate the "future" we're currently in regarding phone technology?
Yes, absolutely. That's why in January I bought the best "traditional" smartphone I could find: Sony Xperia XZ premium.
No weird aspect ratio, no retarded design, snap 835, and all the good stuff.