I have no idea but I lost my dcim folder and all photos are deleted and gone. Is there an app I can use to recover?

I have no idea but I lost my dcim folder and all photos are deleted and gone. Is there an app I can use to recover?

Attached: sad_image.gif (640x442, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Backups
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You probably deserved it you stupid disgusting normie cunt. Fuck off back to plebbit with your cancer

I had this error then searched online and was told to clear cache and data

Attached: android.process.media_.jpg (370x206, 11K)

recuva

You should also install gentoo.

Do I need to have my phone rooted?

That's what you get for not backing them up, you dumb shit.

get a 9mm and shoot yourself.
It won't kill you, but it'll leave you retarded enough to stop posting here.

That won't work

/thread

no, just plug it into your computer

I'll try that thanks

to prevent this you should back up your stuff. cloud is the easiest way but you're basically giving your information away to corporations. if you don't care about that then go ahead.

Don't want to give corps my info so I don't

that's good attitude. you could try hosting your own ftp server or any other file server then. then use some android application to automatically sync your stuff. that would cost you a bit of money, though.

check installgentoo wiki wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Backups

Hundreds?

Why would that cost him money?

hardware costs?

If he already has a computer it will cost him $0

no. depending on your setup few bucks + your precious time.
depending on computer electricity could be an issue.

This
>2018
>tech savy enough to know how to post on 4chin
>too fucking stupid to backup photos off of phone
You deserve this misery OP.

>retarded enough to stop posting
I see youre new here.

Use photorec.

You need to be tech savvy to post on Jow Forums?

Do you have a S8

Pixel xl

THIS.
Do not write anything to the memory card for best chance to recover the data. It may take a while to scan through the storage, but it should be possible to recover something as simple as photos. Once my camera accidentally formatted 16gb card, I then took a few photos and was still able to recover majority of the stuff.

Won't that just recover photos? What about videos and webm files?

>9mm won't kill you

Fucking 45 cal fags i swear

It can recover other types of files as well, you just have to specify what file formats you're after additionally. Of course big files if they get corrupted may be harder to recover, they may not play back correctly or at all.

DiskDigger.

THIS squared. It can carve all kinds of formats and it is amazingly good at it. Just use the beta rather than the current release version; the current release seems to take an inordinate amount of time if it encounters damaged sectors, the beta skips over them much quicker.

I'd use Test Drive if I were you.

Inb4 .50 cal fags

You saw this message and read to CLEAR DATA online, and then did so, and are surprised that it cleared your data and are now crying for help.

>normies

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-115356.png (1440x2560, 972K)

“Clear Data” won’t delete your DCIM folder you fucking retard

>clearing data on the android.process.media application where all the images are stored won't delete all the images
You deserve this, hope you lost pics of your dead mom or something

Attached: 1vxoyo9yzel01.jpg (1242x1164, 191K)

Wtf you braindead asshole

>making assumptions

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-120704(1).jpg (1440x2457, 603K)

>offended on Jow Forums
Click the red X, sweetie.

No thanks, i use gnu/systemd/wayland/xorg/xbps/i3/emacs/fzf/lunix

Attached: 1391945085667.png (400x400, 216K)

>where all the images are stored

except they’re not, fucking retard. Android.process.media is just the built-in file indexer.

>oops I deleted the cache for Windows Indexing, all my files are gone now

t. never used android

Clear data is different than clear cache you Mongoloid retard fucktard dipshit nigger faggot
>clearing data on this app doesn't delete your photos
>OP cleared data on this app and it deleted his photos

Attached: 1520145623700.jpg (3720x2800, 3.59M)

Not your personal tech support.

Explain to me what “data” the Android media scanner accumulates, fucking retard.

>and it deleted his photos

No, dumbass OP deleted it himself somehow. Clearing data on an indexer does not delete the files themselves, you braindead autist. Have you ever used a computer at all, let alone Android?

Correlation doesn’t equal causation. He got the error message, so he cleared the process.media data, and he just now noticed his folder is gone. It’s been gone the whole time and he simply never noticed, either it got corrupted and that’s why he got the error or he simply deleted it himself beforehand, and now attributes it to the thing he just did because it’s what made him finally grow a pair of eyes and see that it’s gone.

I will state before I got the error I deleted a group chat on signal

Just use photorec, thats all we can offer. Keep in mind it’s gonna be a pretty long process because it has to search the entire internal SD card, and you’ll have to sift through all the image files that it finds, but it hopefully will restore most of your photos.