CCTV

Has anyone set up a cctv lately?
Any tips on the latest tech?
Best cameras and software for bang for buck?

Attached: cctvfam.jpg (1000x1000, 60K)

I installed more realistic-looking dummy cams around the entire perimeter of my home and called it a day.

It seems like most cameras are the same now. Just be sure to get 1080p or higher cameras. Also might be cheaper building your own camera dvr.

I recently installed a system at a store nearby for €1500. 3 €30 720p usb webcams and some IR leds glued into dummy cctv camera bodies (I have boxes full of them, bought them on ebay for cheap some years ago), connected to a €300 barebones PC, running debian stable with 3 2tb hdds (one for each webcam) and one 500gb hdd (for OS and software), I use ZoneMinder on the software side. It took me 4 hours to get it all set up, most of that was wiring, usb can get tricky over long distances, so an active hub is almost always needed, in this case the distances were all rather short so no special hardware was necessary.
The biggest installation I ever did was one with 12 cameras, I used 3 active usb hubs and 10 extension cables, I got €6000 for it and spent around €2000, it took me around 16 hours to get it all set up. I installed cctv systems in 14 business in total, so I am basically an authority in cctv systems.

they send your videos to china

it's minimum average $500 for all the DIY pieces
which is the same average amount per year if you sign up with any company like ADT

>I installed cctv systems in 14 business in total, so I am basically an authority in cctv systems.
kek

How many cctv installations have you done? 0? I thought so.

s-sorry

I make YTPMV's of my neighbors who I secretly record with a cheap logitech webcam without them knowing

I recently bought some cheap reolink cameras. I haven't installed all cameras yet, but the one I tested had a pretty good image for $50.

>webcam

I sure hope you drafted an agreement providing the product you just described because I’d beat the shit out of you if I ever found out you used some cheapass webcams for my security network and purposely disguised them as real security cameras just to fool me out of my money. Fuck you.

>720p usb webcams and some IR leds glued into dummy cctv camera bodies

I can't tell if this counts as a scam or not, but I like it

There was no contract or agreement, I do these installations completely off the books and I receive my payments through a service that has no ties to the government. Also a webcam hooked up to a security system is technically a security camera, it's a camera and it's used to provide security, even in low-light conditions.
It might count as misleading, my customers are also free to disassemble the products I sell them, none of them have until now, so it is not my problem. I sell them a product that does what I tell them it does, I don't think that's a scam.

Best brand ? HIKVISION. My past job uses their brand and they shit on any other brands in terms of price/performance.

Yeah nah, you tell them it’s a security camera which a webcam is not. Security cameras use specific sensors and lenses(albeit cheap) for viewing an entire room and not just a face that is within a few feet. You tell them this and then set them up with some fake Jerry rigged shit and then charge them $1500. It is indeed a scam, because that’s not what a customer is asking. They want a real security camera, and you know that, and you’re taking advantage of that. Fuck you.

This but instead I also hooked up 1 real cam facing out towards the driveway and sidewalk

What brand did you use? What software/OS did you use for the PC?

I feel like I could make a pretty good living doing this shit.

It depends on what I can find at the nearest electronics store for around €30, it should best be one without an IR filter or else you'll have to get the filter out yourself if you want it to work at night with IR, which is not hard, but a pain in the ass. I also have a lot of IR leds which I got off of ebay some years ago which I wire in with the webcam (look up some tutorials, pretty easy, just need some soldering equipment, depending on the webcam and where you wire it in some resistors could also be handy), PC is running ZoneMinder on Debian stable and the hardware of the pc depends on the job, usually it's something with an i3, for more than 6 cameras I prefer an i5.
Yes user, you can make a pretty good living doing this shit, I'd like to have a thread dedicated to making money on Jow Forums sometime, to discuss ways to make money using technology in creative ways. I currently work as an "IT guy" at a local school, so I have a steady income and a lot of free time, because the system I have at the school is very stable, so I spend most of my time trying to find jobs like this where I can DIY something and make corporate money.
A lot of webcams have surprisingly wide angle lenses (that which you call specific sensors and lenses for viewing an entire blah blah) even if they're not good, I find a way to make them work better. Customers are retarded, that's my motto, if they want expensive cameras, they have to pay up, I charge them less than any company and I deliver good enough products without any paperwork, which they love.

buy some IP cameras and just get some software on your PC like blue iris

does chunk a bit of your cpu but at least it's flexible and you can just click on the task bar to see everythign

that or get a cheap NVR

Don't go below 1080p but, 720p is garbage

Look at Reolink

they do ip cameras, wifi ip cameras and even battery ones if you can't run a cable at all

can get them direct from them or aliexpress