Untitled

gamersnexus.net/sales/3301-nvidia-gpus-mostly-at-msrp-for-a-few-minutes-maybe

Attached: Screenshot_20180509-124943.jpg (1080x1273, 429K)

New cards are dropping soon. This is largely worthless with the exception of "budget conscious" buyers, and they should at least wait for the announcements from NVIDIA since that might drop prices a hair.

A final 'sale' push before they announce their new generation cards soon? Delightfully devilish!

>buying old ass series new

Volta/Navi when? I really want to upgrade my GTX970 and get myself a nice free/g-sync 1440p screen.

>G-sync
Good goy.

Founders 1070 and 1080 have been at MSRP at best buy for a month and a half

i don't give a shit to be honest senpai.

Then why would you reply?

Wait, why would anyone buy it now? At full price no less. It was old news last summer. Now it's two years old with new cards coming soon

Not everyone is playing the coming soon game.

New card is gonna cost double with barely any improvement and miners gonns get them all. Atleast your old card isnt worthless now if you sell on second hand market.

I dunno, seems kind of retarded to wait 2 years to buy a card at the same value it was before. I got in summer 2016, so what do I know

Jew retailers in my country still refuse to turn down the prices. How's return/warranty policy for people outside of the US if you buy from Amazon and Newegg?

>for-a-few-minutes
Are miners/scalpers even able to do this anymore?

miners are bottom feeders. Anyone who buys a mining card with anything other than crypto is an absolute idiot.

>Being able to buy 2 year old cards at launch MSRP is newsworthy
Fucking kill me.

Attached: 1516737176365.jpg (369x497, 33K)

What

What Country? Wish i could buy off newegg too

How fucking old are these cards already, 2 years?
I bet they already have things more than twice as fast but just hold them back to squeeze as much money out of the 10xx series as possible

How long for the Vega refresh? My Fury X is giving me shit lately.

Only from Nvidia. If you're interested in a nvidia card (lol) it's probably worth it to wait until Turing launches in July.
Apparently Navi is expected in 2019 so if you're buying AMD and don't want to wait for the cards to release and then the custom cards 6 months after it makes sense to buy now. Prices have been dropping so if you want to squeeze tens of dollars more it might be worth it to wait a little. Once Turing launches AMD might drop their prices even lower to make them the go to graphics card in the mid range segment. Navi is going to launch 250 dollar cards at 1080 tier performance. If this is true AMD will sweep the marketshare in a tidal wave. The high end will still be lost to Nvidia though.
>buying old ass series new
This

>At this point, we certainly appreciate those press releases, at this point.

WHY CAN'T ANYONE WRITE A FUCKING ARTICLE IN PROPER FUCKING ENGLISH ANYMORE? WHY IS IT SO HARD? WHY IS IT EVERY TIME I READ AN ARTICLE IT HAS SOME ATROCIOUS ERROR LIKE THIS?

This
>New cards coming soon
>Let's drop the prices on these 2 year old cards down to MSRP
>Average nvidiot drone gamer sees "nvidia cards at all time low prices"
>Tons of nvidiots flock and buys out and cleans out the last of the 10xx stock just in time for nvidia to shift production to the newer cards

Sweden. The shipping cost is atrocious tho. Still cheaper than buying here.

More interested in upcoming AMD GPUs. I know they're a long way off, but that's all I really care about. AMD actually gives a fuck about Linux.

I'd buy a 1070 for 350 tops. Or better yet, I'd trade my 1060 6gb and 100 bucks for a 1070

redhat is showing increased effort on working on new drivers

selling me old shit with just released prices, no fucking way im going to fall for it.

better make those 1180 be in stock fuckign nvidia.

Consumer Volta (or whatever NV will call it) is somewhere H2 2018.
Maybe August?
Navi is Q2 2019.

In this field, things change very quickly. The less time you spend proofreading, the better your chances of beating your competitors to the news.

I'm not a fan of the race-to-the-bottom results (and it would be nice if they would at least go back and fix it later), but it is what it is. You'll never know which site reported on this /second/, because you'll never care to find out. You will never think about this news story after today.

The market has spoken.

great my gtx 970 is going to be another generation out of date, I already felt bad enough when I happened from gtx 560ti sli's and a i7 920 to a 4690k and a 970 and this happens, it's all so tiresome.

Attached: 543543345.jpg (644x800, 73K)

>gay men

well user, the card is literally 3.5 years old. i'm not exactly sure what you expected to happen

3.5 years, don't rub it in user, this shitbox has 3.5gb of memory instead of the promised 4.

It has 4gb it's just harder to acces the L3 cache

You didn't buy it this year, right?

Should I just pull the trigger and buy a 1080 Ti? The Zotac version retails for around 750 Euros here.

You waited 2 years already, try not to run out of patience at the worst possible time.

lel, I bought mine used and I still can sell the piece of shit with barely any losses thanks to the mining goys.

They were two long hard years in almost complete poverty, i got a job in April so my pockets are itching to spend but I'll wait another month or two, I hope Volta won't disappoint.

The fact that you're just now escaping poverty sounds like another reason to NOT impulse buy a 1000 bucks worth of luxury goods. Get a bit of savings, man.

>back to MSRP after two years!
Fucking kikes.

It's easy to blame (((them))), but this time it's just basic supply and demand at work. If you want to shout antisemitic slogans at someone, I recommend the RAM industry.

But ram is monopolized by gooks.

im still using my 7970, finally gonna pull the trigger and buy a new card once the new cards drop

Let's clear the old stock so we can goy them with new shit. Let's just rub the goys faces in shit and make them feel like they just got buttfucked by Big Bubba.

Ive gor a bunch of fe cards at my shop. Its kinda perplexing that people buy them.