/spg/ - Smartphone General

/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>Recent news
phonearena.com/news

Last thread:

Attached: 1507136165189.jpg (750x1001, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRmY-4HKVIk
solotodo.com/
m.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage
en.miui.com/download-343.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Would you recommend use IceCatMobile?

Attached: 2018-05-09 15_22_50-IceCatMobile - Free Software Directory.png (767x113, 6K)

Your phone is water resistant right? You don't own a phone that will be destroyed if it gets even a little wet right? You would be a cuck otherwise.

Attached: water.jpg (4096x2729, 906K)

""""""water resistant""""""

I am not looking forward to the day when I need to replace my Z10. Everything about this phone is so comfy. The size, the OS, the durability, if only the battery life were slightly better it would be perfect.

>mfw still able to keep in touch with friends using BBM

Attached: IMG_0509.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

Should I buy a Moto g6 Plus when it comes out? Was looking at Nokia 7 plus but fuck backside fingerprint sensor

Nokia 8

>lenovo
no

>Ok why is it on the phone the moment you get it

Are UK iPhones somehow different from the rest of the world?

I bought an iPhone 5 in Japan and a 6s in the US, never seen Facebook preinstalled. In fact, iPhones are pretty much the only devices I've used where you don't get much bloatware to begin with and can remove practically everything if you wanted anyways. I think you're probably just retarded.

no because I don't throw phones into the water

My ZUK phones have been the best phones I've had, and ZUI is actually pretty cool and innovative, especially U-Touch and the home button. Don't shit on Lenovo.

Just got my pixel 2xl.
So far I'm not impressed. Fuck Google and the shitty Google bloat, I think I need to degoogle the phone.

What should I buy if I want something cheap, durable and can last 3 years without becoming painfully slow just to browse the internet?

Just got a Moto G6 Plus Holy god what an sexy beast. coming from an huawei p9 plus this is refreshing damn I missed stock android so much.

Attached: Moto-G6-Plus.jpg (1440x810, 65K)

sell me on it bro, i think it's getting close to time for me to replace this atrix 4g and i dunno what i should buy

I just got mine too and I kind of agree, how would you go about degoogling it?

Anyone had experience with the s8 active (pic related)
Is it easy to root? Customize? etc...

Attached: s8active.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

The 32gb that died was a sandisk ultra plus with A1, which I had picked up at walmart in a pinch. But it did say that one was "too slow" when I set it up...

I'm not really good at reviews but I watched a couple videos about it and pulled the trigger don't regret it one bit It just works and has everything that you would want on phone i'm a semi power user and it's good enough for me no complains.

Do you guys think the exynos version of the S9 will get a kernel patch? Is it possible to patch a custom kernel without tripping KNOX?

Attached: 1510431966512.jpg (600x418, 47K)

How much should i be paying for a redmi note 5?

I'm really digging the G6 Play, even with its 720p screen, that 4000mAh battery...

Attached: motorola-moto-g6-play-2.jpg (681x650, 53K)

Why would you buy it if you didn't want the Google features, I'm about to buy one for Drive, Gmail, and YouTube integration.

Is the mi a1 still worth getting or should I wait for the new android one phones? Just wondering how long its still going to be supported.

>doesn't own a phone that has x, y, or z feature
>instantly means you must be into cuckolding
the state of Jow Forums

it was never worth it, get an actually good phone instead of a gook phone

Note 8

I don't bathe or shower with my phone.

How difficult is it actually to replace an S8 screen? I cracked it while I was visiting Dublin.

Any reviews on the Redmi Note 5(china)?

I just keep my phone away from water

A E S T H E T I C

Attached: xiaomi-mi-mix-test.jpg (800x473, 57K)

So I broke my s8 screen. Seeing how a replacement screen + repair kit is about as much as a brand new one I'm in the market for a new phone. What phone should I get for ~$500 that won't cost what the phone is worth to fix it in case of an accident?

Should I buy the Galaxy Note 9 or wait for Galaxy X /10?

how should I approach buying a pixel1?

used or refurbished? what should i look out for?

just buy an iphone,fuc k

Someone told me the best way to prolong my battery's life is to never let it go below 30%. I assume this is either true or the worst thing you could do. Which is it?

What? The S8 is $200 to OFFICIALLY repair it.

Why would that be bad at all?

Based chinks making better phones than meme brands like shitsung and apple for 1/3 price.

I cant wait for Mi7

youtube.com/watch?v=GRmY-4HKVIk

tl;dw, you basically need to take the whole thing apart to replace the screen

I'm on an s6 active. no. samsung is as shitty for customizing as apple.

my next answer for a customizable rugged phone is anything other than samsung that'll for in a lifepowder case.

also, i managed to break the s6 active's camera crystal and chipped the lens. other than that, it held up pretty well too my abuse. but still not as well as i wanted

Attached: 1508686720792.webm (426x240, 602K)

Oh yeah?

Where do I go to OFFICIALLY repair it?

What is the best thing for $150, maybe $200 max?

A nice prostitute if you can find her.

>cheating on my wife

Attached: 1520369591291.png (500x532, 189K)

This may be for older styles but doesn't that train your battery to only use 70% of the capacity. so that 70% will become smaller and smaller?

Why is he destroying a perfectly good dust collector?

Horo has fucked many a beast.

She cheats on you

Letv leeco le max 2, xiaomi mi A1, xiaomi redmi note 5, xiaomi redmi note 4, letv leeco le 2.

I want a phone in between an OPO3T and an OPO6. What get?

Moto 5+ yay/nay?

Nokia 8, or google pixel.

Attached: sailor (you).png (720x480, 449K)

My Moto Jow Forums is about to die, what's the Jow Forums phone of 2018?

S8

>$549.99

Attached: Jerry_Said_What.jpg (480x362, 39K)

2016 pixel

OLED xiaomi when?

OLED Sony when?

What should I buy?

Attached: 1515561901645.png (1567x1200, 602K)

What site? Those are better prices than in the US.

Anyone?

It's just some chilean site that scrapes prices from multiple stores: solotodo.com/

No. It's a literal piece of shit.

this desu

Who makes the best flip cases these days?

Attached: flip_case.jpg (700x593, 83K)

I don't really follow it so how's the smartphone market right now? Is there anything in particular I should wait for? My Nexus 4 has been crashing at idle more frequently lately and I figure I'm due for an upgrade. I mostly have typical wants for my next phone (big screen, sd card slot, wireless charging).

lmao i have so many old phone batteries i'll probably never use. i should wire one up to replace the dead battery in my shitty polariod bluetooth speaker

Get a pixel 2 xl

That only has one of the things I'm looking for. I'd prefer a headphone jack too but I could deal without it.

next iPhone specs to release, or the Pixel 2. I doubt the Pixel 3 will be worth anything as an uprage

Should I get a xiaomi mix 2s or 2 if I don't really give a shit about the camera? everywhere I look people say the biggest difference is the camera.

I don't do "heavy" gaming on my phone like mobas or fps games either, I play shit like Azur Lane, I'm assuming the Mix 2 would be able to run that smoothly yeah? Is there anything else I'd be missing out on?

my mix 2s that I bought from a sketchy ebay seller will be delivered within 24 hours (unless the box is empty) so I'll let you know how it handles azur lane
I'll also test FGO but I'm convinced its devs are just shit at optimization

>wireless charging
you're better off looking for rapid charging.
I had the nexus 5 and used wireless charging, then switched to the 5x which uses usbc and rapid charging.
When I only have to plug my phone in for 30 minutes to go from 15% to 50, I found myself not caring about how long I have to plug it in like I did with the 5, which took hours to charge.
The moto g6 (which should come out in the next couple weeks, or is already out if you're from Brazil) is probably your best bet
it's affordable (even the highest variants aren't expected to hit 400) Nice big screen, head phone jack, sd card slot. NFC if you get the g6 plus (or either of the other two if you get the europe model)

How can I rice these icons?

Attached: IMG_20180509_221936.jpg (192x788, 20K)

what's unified storage like on phones with Oreo out of the box?
on my mum's S7 even with an SD card in the phone from day 0 she still gets messages every now and then about the internal storage being full and the SD card is barely touched
I don't want to have to deal with that if I go for a phone with low storage

My wife gets these messages too.
I suspect that the "Internal storage" is either referencing ram, or temporary files that can be cleared from cache
probably means she needs to restart her phone more often

So, I'm curious.
Is there a phone out there that works by connecting via bluetooth to a main storage/processing? Like, the handset is just a screen with mic and speaker? Just input/output with the storage and processing on a main device?

I know some people who only ever need to upgrade their phones because they drop them, or because they want a different size, and I'm curious if anything exists that would let them do this.
Failing that, something modular like the moto z/moto mods series, but with the actual screen being swappable

I remember years ago someone flaunted the idea of a completely modular phone but it was canned

ZTE is gone now. Forever.

Axon 9 was suppose to be the chosen one

Redmi note 5 global when?

Well, i wanted to know more how the 2 handles AL. If it can run it smoothly then I can just save myself a couple hundred dollars. I don't suppose you owned a 2 or would know?

Project ara didn't come into commercial production and release, apparently due to problem of sticking components together and be competitive against other phones

As for separating screen from battery, that's only realistic if wireless long distance power transmission become successfully commercialized as the screen use quite a lot of battery too. And with battery, screen, camera, microphone, speaker on your hand unit, it make little sense to put processor and storage onto another unit as they are rather small.

m.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage
Samsung disabled the feature

oh, so the majority of the power consumption would mean that the handset would be 85% of what's in a normal phone anyways, making it useless to split?
Makes sense I suppose.

guys help me out
using medium app (sorry for being a faggot) on pic related with android 7.1.1
notifications for new shit by followed people and publications just won't fucking work
no issues with notifications for other apps at all
notifications for medium are turned on (both in app and phone settings), nothing is blocked, going from cellular to wifi has no effect, removing battery optimisation for app doesn't help
rebooting / reinstalling app - no changes
according to google play comments, some people have similar issue, but they are scarce
what do

Attached: nip nong.jpg (799x440, 37K)

Global ROM for Mi Mix 2s when?

today
en.miui.com/download-343.html

Redmi Note 5 (Pro)

Nokia 8

It's already out

When will the moto g5 get a fucking Oreo ROM worth a shit? It's 2016 already goddamn

whats the best thing I can buy/wait for in EU for 400 eur or less
>Nokia 8
>Nokia 7 plus
>redmi note 5 pro
>some shit that hasnt released yet
???
I hate glass phones.

Chink mix 2

Nokia 8
chink and gook software suck
and the price difference of 6 is very small to go for that

When is mimax3 coming out