"The major operating activities of the Company have ceased...

>"The major operating activities of the Company have ceased," ZTE wrote (PDF) in a Wednesday announcement to stock market traders in Hong Kong.

ZTE IS KILL

Attached: 640px-ZTE_logo.svg.png (640x228, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/tech/enterprises/article/2145432/zte-ceases-major-operating-activities-because-us-denial-order
reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-zte-mediatek/chip-designer-mediatek-gets-taiwan-nod-to-export-goods-to-zte-idUSKBN1I809Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice. Fuck chinkshit.

uur cultural identity and unity may be disintegrating before our eyes, but we'll be damned if we let any commies get carried away their circlejerking in our presence. next step: GLASS CHINA

our*

>commies
???

PRESS S TO SPIT ON THEIR GRAVE

Shame, I thought the zte axon was good. Was thinking about getting the next version.
Whatever, better off with a moto g and a topping nx5

kek

Attached: Patriotic_World_War_2_Poster_US_Allies_ChinaLG.jpg (1500x2110, 722K)

>violate US embargo to sell a handful of phones to a literal shithole
>told to carry out self-punishment and not violate the embargo
>don't punish anyone, violate it and lie about it
>get blocked in the US
>WAAA US IS MEAN NOW WE HAVE TO SHUT DOWN BECAUSE WE CAN'T SELL IN ONE OF OUR MARKETS

scmp.com/tech/enterprises/article/2145432/zte-ceases-major-operating-activities-because-us-denial-order

fuck them and their shitty phones.

>>get blocked in the US
>>WAAA US IS MEAN NOW WE HAVE TO SHUT DOWN BECAUSE WE CAN'T SELL IN ONE OF OUR MARKETS
Uh, no. They shut down because they can't buy stuff from Qualcomm.

I used to have a ZTE modem/router. It sucked.

No way Chinese government will let ZTE die.

I'm genuinely confused as to why the Chinese seem to have not developed their own chips yet.

Because Chinese can't innovate. They can only steal.

(You)

(您)

(Chong)

No, John. You are the commies

It wasn't economically feasible as it's a decade-long endeavor.

Realistic answer is that Taiwan is just next door with no language barriers.

And Mediatek just got approval from Taiwanese government to sell to ZTE.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-china-zte-mediatek/chip-designer-mediatek-gets-taiwan-nod-to-export-goods-to-zte-idUSKBN1I809Y

CCP is better off letting new startups get the rests of ZTE with cheap government credit while promoting competition, they might bypass sanctions too
They wouldn't let Huaweii die though
They have, but production is domestic and advanced foundries able to compete with the west are scarce, most have just started risk production of 14nm chips while the west it's about to leave 14nm

f

Based USA.

What would happen if China completely blocked Apple in their territory in revenge?

that's a friendly symbol on his cap

Mediatek. Kirin. Pinecone.

It'd make their brand much more valuable.

Xiaomi & Huawei would laugh all the way to the bank

Not much. Their market share in China have been stuck at 20% for the last 5 years.

ZTE Axon 7 Oreo when?

China is a communist country

>China is a communist country
Imagine unironically thinking the current Chinese government is "communist" in any sense other than name.

Attached: 1525805162436.jpg (426x416, 49K)

Good riddance, fuckers put "designed in Munich" on their smartphone to hide they are CCPbot, fucking chinkshit

You're right. It's a group dictatorship.

Surprisingly little.
Manufacturing can be moved (and most US companies are moving to Vietnam due to lower wages).
The majority market for Apple products is the west, not China.

yes, in the sense that they are oppresive scum who think peoples lives are worth less than trash. The worst we get is being seen as slightly better or as good as trash

>ZTE had "employed multiple strategies in an attempt to conceal and obscure the true nature and extent of the company's role" in transactions that moved US-made technology to Iran and North Korea.

Fuck em'

Attached: 1436575594551.gif (409x226, 511K)

I thought Vietnam was better for textiles and stuff.

You think they can do bulk volume high end smartphone electronics assembly and the related plastics and stuff?

I have a moto g2 that I love, but its dying
Is the moto g4 or g5 worth it?

I think they'll pick it up. Wages are rising in China, making it too expensive to keep factories there.

>((你))

I went from a moto g lte to a moto g5 plus and it's been p good

Attached: 1512616566010.jpg (956x1280, 390K)

>be china
>"people are worthless, its easier to make new people and raise them from scratch than to fix the people we already have"
>and yet, nobody in china is hungry or homeless

>be america
>"every human is created sovereign and equal, in the stunning and radiant image of the Lord our God"
>and yet, the homeless poor starve in the street daily

muuhhhh chinks are making better products, it's annuda burgershoa

>t. millennial trumptard white trash

Never forget that the same people who support embargoes are the same faggots that support war against iran

I wonder if it's that easy.

The factories and half of the more factory-related related engineers that make iPhones don't actually belong to Apple. They're Chinese. They can't just pack up the talented staff and machines and move them to the unqualified workers.

Nor can they do the same for a pretty significant amount of industry that has to deliver various raw materials and parts (of course a lot is also shipped in, but it's a mix with a lot from China, too).

>Fuck 'em
They disrespected israel, they gotta pay.

The workers in China are just doing assembly. It's a matter of fine motor control more than anything. Most don't really understand what they're working on.

Mediatek is Taiwanese, you're forgetting Rockchip and Spreadturn

Apple does the same

>The workers in China are just doing assembly
except I have literally never seen anything "hightech" from anywhere other than China...so it's not that simple

otoh, there are mercedes, toyota .."made" in Mexico

Wouldn't celebrate too loudly if you're an American. China is old and very very patient.

ZTE may survive, they hasty signed an agreement with MediaTek (due to no more Qualcomm chips in their phones) and are scrambling to find replacements for other parts too. They lost access to the US market but they also, more importantly, lost access to US technology.

But even if ZTE doesn't survive, they aren't really a big part of this puzzle. China could retaliate in non-technology-related ways such as not buying any more bonds. They could even turn seller and there goes that precious USD down the toilet.

Mediatek is Taiwanese. If Chinese Taipei is part of China or not is debatable, most say no.

The sanction will apply to companies taking over ZTE assets too

The "main operation" is not just phones, but also their networking and equipment provided to carrier all around the world. Actually that is the larger part of their business. (You) might want to check which supplier construct base stations for your carriers

Maybe you shouldn't set-up shell companies to illegally sell export-restricted servers to Iran and then not comply with the U.S. Dept. of Commerce correction order after getting caught.

All communist governments are communist in name only. Human nature is human nature in all times and places. Governments are all the same, that's why we have to be vegan.

Attached: screen-shot-2018-01-18-at-9.44.09-am.png (748x474, 362K)

The problem with China kicking US Treasuries in the nuts is that China owns several trillion dollars worth of them itself - their trade surplus has to go somewhere, and Treasuries are pretty much the only security with a big enough market to absorb money on that scale. So China would be losing lots of money itself, and it'd have a problem finding a place to put the money it did get from selling the bonds. Basically the US by its borrowing and China by its trade surpluses have trapped each other in a codependent financial relationship.

>>and yet, nobody in china is hungry or homeless
hahahahhahahahahhahhahahahhahahHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why don't they do this with Lenovo and all the other chink companies ruining computing. Take back your jobs.

spotted the chink

we have a usb one it's great

no, that user is talking about where apple gets their products made: china

yeah, and replace them with what? american corps? every thing will be in the cloud with a facebook login

>nobody in china is hungry or homeless

Attached: keksimusmaximus.jpg (596x628, 49K)

Samsung has a factory in Vietnam, so yes then can