Why the hell can the government hijack my private device and display a full screen emergency alert message?

Why the hell can the government hijack my private device and display a full screen emergency alert message?

Attached: 0080215dbb7d1.jpg (985x549, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS#Flash_SMS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS#Silent_SMS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you allow them to

Because government is weasel words for cartel, or syndicate.
They're exactly the same, extracting money via coercion.
Cartel:
>Protection racket.
>Demand money, or violence.
>Coercion
Government:
>"Taxes".
>Demand money, or imprisonment (a threat) or sometimes actual violence.
>Also coercion.
What's the difference?

Attached: oneplus-3t-emergency-broadcast-alerts.jpg (1200x900, 176K)

Dumb AnCap thinks tax is theft

But I'm not an AnCap.

+1

>private device

You can turn it off if you don't want to be alerted about a disaster though

There's also flash SMS that acts similarly: displays the message on screen immediately upon arrival and isn't stored in memory.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS#Flash_SMS

Then you have silent SMS which is basically ping and can be used to find your physical location.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMS#Silent_SMS

SMS are sent and received on the baseband processor which operates independently of the rest of the phone so you can't really do anything to block those messages although if IIRC there was an app in Fdroid that could warn you about silent SMS. There's also one for sending them but for a normal person it'll only tell whether the phone associated with the number is online or not.

It's time to put down the memes user, proposing 0 taxes is practically one of the defining philosophies of AnCap. The government only jails tax evasion for egregious cases, and prefers indoctrination and incentivization to coercion.
This desu. Sometime in the past you agreed that the government should have rights to your device in order to deliver that service.

Attached: ComeToLaugh.jpg (1280x1440, 190K)

I didn't say I had a problem with all tax.
However, not every tax is justified.

One you and society in general has influence in how it works, the other you don't.

Jesus christ, are there any chinkphones which give me control over this?

>Being this naive.
You control nothing, but your own actions and even those are largely prescribed.

Attached: 1525607500447.gif (250x255, 2.84M)

No and there's no telling just what is inside the blackbox of the baseband processor. They are very proprietary. Some even have some very nasty backdoors.

This is scary as hell. Are there any phones with hardware switches to disable them and then enable them when you need to make a call?

>No and there's no telling just what is inside the blackbox of the baseband processor.
There was a project released a while back for finding undocumented features for x86 processors. It could probably be adapted, but nobody would give a damn since they could just tap into calls from the tower anyhow.

Explain further

You shouldn't be carrying a phone in the first place and certainly shouldn't be on all the time.
Aside from that, a fucking GPS chip and a microphone and camera that could always be on.
Not forgetting mega-retarded shit like fingerprint reader on iPhones.

Librem phone aims to have that.

It was basically an assembly program that hammered every combination of instruction registers of a different, dedicated core and logged if output registers changed. It's very brute force, but they utilized some tricks to speed up the process. I think the name had something to do with sifting or sand. It showed up at a conference like C3 or BlackHat.

Attached: freddie_sicp.jpg (640x480, 65K)

Librem 5 would solve this issue

Also I recall it had a wrapper interface written in python or shell, plus ncurses I think. I probably still have it somewhere in the depths of my arch install's folder, but it would take a while to hunt down.

Attached: 1474941076216.jpg (1280x976, 202K)

are you in canada?

It's an inbuilt feature I think. When I went to Tokyo for a holiday, there was an earthquake and my phone's screen had the warning sign too.

Yes, I got an alert thing today.

I figured that's what you were talking about it
I wasn't using my phone at the time

The difference is that the government has a monopoly on violence.
Monopolies restrict quantity to increase the value of their services.
Ergo, the free market would have more violence as violent firms would enter the market.
Therefore, government reduces the amount of violence compared with free markets.

where's the option for show bobs and vagene

>Implying either extreme is beneficial.

It's called sandsifter
Pretty useless because you have to figure out what the instructions actually do yourself

I have an option to turn it off. Don't you?
Sorry user, must suck being a cuck against your will.

>hijack phone
it can only do that because the companies who make your phones software put in the ability for them to do so, and the company that handles your phone service allows the government to send it over their network, and both of those things happened because you put politicians in charge that wanted to do it, and you let them stay in charge.

>smartphone
>private
HAHAHHHahahhHAhaHAHahHAHAHAHA.

This fucking society will never get better until we all learn that mobile devices are complete trash that rapes our freedom and we would be so much better without them.

>Finding all needles of an unknown quantity in a massive haystack is useless because it doesn't tell you what material those needles are. Praying for leaks or exposed vulnerabilities is not a healthy philosophy in life. You gotta take nothing in architecture for granted. Webm related.

Attached: failuretodetect.webm (957x720, 2.14M)

>The greatest tool for recording and spreading evidence of how you were getting fucked over by the government, criminals, and/or shitty people is inherently the greatest danger to your freedom.
Made me chuckle, here's your (You). Consider not being such a shit human being that you feel private cameras are invading your right to be a dick.

Attached: yun_lq_bait.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

>The difference is that the government has a monopoly on violence.
>Monopolies restrict quantity to increase the value of their services.
>Ergo, the free market would have more violence as violent firms would enter the market.
>Therefore, government reduces the amount of violence compared with free markets.
This is the best argument against ancap I have ever read, by far. It's brilliant in its simplicity.

Genuinely thank you, user. I've scoured the web for years yet never found this argument.

>Finding all needles of an unknown quantity in a massive haystack is useless because it doesn't tell you what material those needles are.
Praying for leaks or exposed vulnerabilities is not a healthy philosophy in life. You gotta take nothing in architecture for granted. Webm related.

Attached: failuretodetect.webm (957x720, 2.14M)

Because get this through your thick skull, OP: politicians and by extension governments may be scummy but they're the ONLY ones looking out for random people's welfare at all - because they're obliged to.

I can't guarantee it works like this in all other countries, but since you're obviously Canadian - if you ever have a real problem, one that you think the government could help with, contact your MP or provincial/municipal equivalent, or even the minister responsible. You would be surprised how many constituents they help.

Of course, if you really think an emergency alert system is less important than you not getting a test message to make sure it's actually working... there's not much to discuss.

I think the OP is American so none of that applies.

He said he's Canadian in But if you're implying you can't contact your local representative in the US, you might be retarded.

You've never had to rely on US government employees, have you

I'm talking about politicians, who (in theory) have to report directly to the public.
Government employees are a very different story, as they have no such direct obligation.

Though I do know what you're talking about... Canada isn't much better in that sense.

>Why the hell can the government come spray water on my private house just because it's on fire?

You people don't deserve civilization. There should be an island where we can send you all to slit each other's throats ... oh wait, that's Australia,

Because it’s a FUCKING EMERGENCY

soo its a bad thing that they warn you before you get bombed ?

Please do not compare the Canuckistanians with the Aussies, it's only a matter of time until they realize the US state of Georgia was also a prison colony. God help us if their shitposters found out.

Attached: 1451615324386.png (809x315, 193K)

Taxation IS theft you retarded boomer.

Attached: 1523728896121.jpg (1200x630, 299K)

Hmm, I shall have to remember this.

>two child abduction alerts in one day

this