Isn't it funny that Google has some of the best software and infrastructure of any company and still can't get people...

Isn't it funny that Google has some of the best software and infrastructure of any company and still can't get people to buy their phone?

Attached: https_%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjeanbaptiste%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F03%2Fgoogle-pixel-idc.png (960x813, 425K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.statcounter.com/vendor-market-share/mobile/australia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not funny or even remotely true.

>average spec phone
>flagship price
Yeah it's a mystery man.

Work out 3.9 million as a percentage of 1.5 billion then get back to me

Google is shit.

Attached: google toilet paper.jpg (800x600, 64K)

a friend of mine has the new pixel xl 2

it's just a nice android phone. some of the software is a little better put together, but the differences between "third party android" and android on the pixel are so minor that you only notice if you know what to look for.

Well maybe if they hadn't GOTTEN RID OF THE FUCKING HEADPHONE JACK.

Get your boyfriends back, bug chasing faggot.

It's funny how some of the top apps have broken features on an OS that has such a large marketshare.

Nah their software gets abandoned like maps which keeps getting worse

I have a Pixel XL and a Note 5. I use the Note 5 for everything.

aren't pixels some of the most expensive android phones? of course android is full of budget level shit which takes up the entire market. look at countries that use mostly basic phones running android; Malaysia, India, Africa, Philippines, Australia.

It's because they're trying to sell to a non-existent demographic.
The market is over-saturated and per-existing devices already have the market monopoly.

Maybe today, they're minor players but just wait till google assistant duplex is released to only google devices, and watch google dominate he smartphone market. Google will have significant advantages in the cloud computing/narrow AI era of smartphones. Right now, they're just planting the seeds of their eventual domination of the Android smartphone market.

I wouldn't touch google simply because no headphone jack or SD card.

Voting with mah wallet.

>android phone
>people would rather buy something else
Wow I'm shocked user

Attached: IMG_20180510_023829.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

If they actually made their shit available in more countries and used their already massive marketing capabilities, this wouldn't have been a problem.

Honestly they spent the last 10 years selling Nexus phones and left Samsung to eatup the highend Android/smartphome marketshare.

Because people buying android want an android style phone (utilitarian, function over form, modularity) and the google pixel is none of those things.

It doesn't even have an SD card slot, which is incredibly "apple" and what you don't expect from an android device, especially not one that is as expensive as an s8/s9 which is better in every single way.

I will take 5 million dollars for being your product tester now thank you my sir mister googley..

it looks like a phone from 2016, no one wants a shit looking phone with massive bezels anymore.

I wouldn't say it's funny, just symptomatic of the tech industry as a whole. Over the last few years we've been grinding down our enthusiasm as the stuff we have is still good enough. The Pixel is nothing special, just an iPhone look-alike in a market where nothing else is special either.

They have godawful quality control. I've had multiple Pixel devices and they all fucked up in some way during my 2 week trials. I returned them all. Their QC is worse than Chink Mi.

Though I guess their QC shouldn't be a surprise at this point after how many people reported problems with the P2XL's display, speakers, and battery issues.

Made the mistake of buying Google Nexus 7 once.
The power jack failed within a week then i started the 3 month repair cycle,a bootloop after OS update and another repair,it still end up broken so i returned my money.

google never intended to dominating smartphone market

They can barely give a fuck about delivering hardware that works let alone dominating any manufacturers

That’s where your wrong kid

gs.statcounter.com/vendor-market-share/mobile/australia

We are quite a wealthy country. And you’d be surprised at the standard of living in a lot of SEA

A shit is always a shit, no matter which asshole it comes from.
Google made a shitty phone, it looks stupid, it's priced stupidly, it's advertised stupidly and it's got stupid features (or a lack of features, I kind of wanted to keep the stupid theme going, but what I mean is that their phones lack some features people want).

>no headphone jack
>overpriced
>available in a few countries only

>brother tries to talk me into "upgrading" from my nexus 5 to a pixel xl2.
>explain to him i think its a frivioulous waste of money.
>nexus 5 still pretty fast and does everything i want.
>didn't lose thousands of dollars "Saving money" by having a phone sold to me on a 2 year contract/plan upgrade.

I am kinda getting sick of my nexus 5,

Smartphones i went from blackberry pearl

Faggots specify if you're using Pixel 1/2 XL/non XL. Different ODMs are different. Google doesn't give a fuck about anything but HTC going forward.

i like the panda color xl 2 but for the price and for the issues they've had id pass

pixel 3 i'm keen on unless samsung 10 is game changer, dont really care for my s8

I went from my Nexus 5 to the op5t, and I can tell you it runs exactly the same in terms of stability, speed, and raw power. It's battery life is better too. However, last I checked, the op5t now costs over $600 bucks, which is an absurd markup to me. I hear the v30 is good, and at least there you're getting a better camera, dedicated dac, and wireless charging.