Can nu-Jow Forums use vim/emacs?

Can nu-Jow Forums use vim/emacs?

Attached: 1494307483635.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

No ;_;

Considering how many people bitch about not knowing how to close Vim?

yeah, I was taught vim in uni

Vim.

I use vim and vim mode in visual studio. I could learn emacs but I don’t feel like it

Started using vim a couple months ago, really liking it

vi was required in school but I learned joe as well

Attached: 1473699153880.jpg (1280x853, 229K)

I can "use vim," I just can't do anything advanced like selecting text and finding and replacing words. I can write and exit it though! :)

I use vim if i'm managing a linux VM from my windows machine that has visual studio and sublime text installed.

Attached: 1249892990136.jpg (189x200, 11K)

Yes.

why would i ? there is no reason for me to use vim or emacs

vscode is better

elvis is better

Aren't all default shortcuts created with qwerty in mind? Kinda sucks if you use Dvorak then, so no

I only use Vim. Why use anything else?

You know that's mostly a joke...right.

emacs with evil-mode here

Why do many vim and emacs users shit on others for using easier-to-use software like nano? Straight into Linux from a newcomer perspective, using nano is way more intuitive, so why do you guys shit on anyone not using vim or emacs? No one gives a shit about your little elite club of people who use a fucking text editor to feel on top of others, and it's probably what's keeping you from ever leaving the basement.

I've used vim with dvorak for years, the basic movement keys are spaced out with vertical movement on left hand and horizontal on right which is comfy as fuck, rest is just muscle memory.

Why do many bike and car users shit on others for using easier-to-use vehicles like trikes? Straight into moving around from a newcomer perspective, using trikes is way more intuitive, so why do you guys shit on anyone not using bikes or cars? No one gives a shit about your little elite club of people who use a fucking vehicle to feel on top of others, and it's probably what's keeping you from ever leaving the basement.

>I actively refuse to learn for the sake of my own knowledge and productivity and you fuckers who do are bullies

I'm a vim user experimenting with spacemacs today. So far actually pretty impressed.

Yeah, sure you can use emacs or vim. This way you'll be more appreciative of the superiority of VSCode or Eclipse when you finally mature and switch.

Spacemacs is horribly slow, I'd recommend going vanilla emacs with evil and configure it from there while fetching shit you like from spavemacs.

I can use both but prefer .VSCode.

brainlet detected...

Εxcept its not
Just check the stackoverflow upvotes on that very question
The world is retarded

Attached: practicaldev-1-762x1000.jpg (762x1000, 138K)

I use Emacs with evil-mode

I use nano.

Why bother with software you'd have to install with a package manager?
vi (stripped down vim) comes standard with any Linux installation. If you've ever had a job working with several Linux boxes, you'd quickly realize that having multiple tools to do the same thing is a retarded waste of time, and so is installing new applications with the package manager.
Sure, you could do all that with the initial setup, but that still doesn't mean it's as convenient as sshing into literally any box and being 1000% confident that it has vi installed.
tl;dr: vim > emacs, St. Ignucius can suck it.

>from my windows machine that has visual studio and sublime text installed
why you emphasize the fact that you installed visual studio?

%s/can/can't/g

I can use emacs but I don't have any laptop to install it.

What's a nu/g/?

It's called neo Jow Forums.

nu/g/ is neo(neo/g/)

thanks sempai, I'll look into it

just use nano ffs

Attached: wew.png (988x687, 127K)

>I just can't't do anything

Yeah, vim is /comfy/ as fuck, vimtutor is a godsend, also forced me to learn touch typing, I fucking love vim, I don't know about neovi

m

Nano is fisher price toy tier shit, it has the most basic of features and barely does those right, nano isn't even good for editting configs when compared to vim. I don't care what text edittor you use as long as it isn't fucking nano

My professor encouraged vim so it's just what I always used.

>I don't know about neovi
just try it out user, it's pretty much the same but faster, even without plugins

>add a hashtag to the beginning on multiple lines
>ctrl+v 5j shift+I # ESC
>freezes for a second on vim just for 5 lines
>instant in neovim

>hashtag

*sips basedlend*

Trying it out now, it's like it's pretending to be tmux when I do :help (anything), how do I switch between the current file I'm editting and the help window?

ctrl w and then hjkl or use the arrows

Ah, Thanks user! Is there anyway to do this with files other than the help files?

I'm not sure if I understand the question. Whenever you split the view, like say you open up NERDTree, you can use ctrl w + direction to move between the windows

Recently switched from Emacs to Vim/Tmux.

It's alright. Vim Slime is mad useful.

>Shift+I
Shift+shift+i
Great stuff.
Your command also adds pounds/hashes/crunches at the beginning of the selection, not at the beginning of line, that command would be:
0^V5jI#^[
However, adding a hashtag at the start of every line would be :%s/^/#KYSSoiBoi/

Ctrl+w and hjkl, depending on the direction of the window you want to go.
:q will close the active window, if it's the only window it'll exit vim.

Vim, and not much. Only enough to use it for just changing some configuration files...

Nevermind, I just realized the answer is :split

The comfiest editor for C

vim or Emacs, which one is easier to use on the chiclet Thinkpads?

My dad taught me vim :)
He works as a sysadmin for an SSA contractor. He also says his favorite managing tool is perl. Take that as you will.

Underrated post

Yup. I can use both, I prefer emacs but vi is fine for quick edits.