Hardware minimalism

What's the least amount of tech devices you can survive with?

Can you survive with just a Phone and an iPad?

Attached: bick0131_30_4_2018_20_42_6_350.jpg (1080x810, 107K)

No, but i can survive with just my phone and laptop

tablets are the opposite of hardware minimalism IMO, they try to do everything but can't even do one thing right. more often then not, they end up as an expensive paperweight.

i want a pt01 for with my sp202
shit is expensive as fuck

Hardware minimalism does not really exist because general purpose computing is minimalist by definition. No problem with it though. You can have something modular ( at least to an extent ) like a desktop PC, which can be custom-tailored to your needs.

Sry I meant NOT minimalist

>pt01

It's dope

You can survive with a rock. But why should you do that?

T61p.

Does everything - even VOIP calls with the built in 3g modem. dGPU is a nice hand warmer as well

Shit battery life

small preferably white laptop

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x563, 57K)

I'm a NEET. I'd survive without any "tech" at all. I'd just be bored as fuck, reading books 24/7.

I had an iPad for a year (I got it for free) and barely used it, ended up giving it to my dad and now he uses it to go on gambling sites

That would be fine

I use my iPad at work every day

surviving just on a phone is close to impossible heaps of stuff you cant do on one unless you jailbreak it and install lots of weird apps and even then its not user friendly.

Honestly just adjust your life to let you use a desktop lol the real world isn't that nice.

I do just fine with these.

Attached: IMG_20180510_204220.jpg (2592x1944, 798K)

If I could only have one piece of tech it would be a laptop.

I feel like I can work with just my X230, except for the phone calls for which I just use my cheapo android phone.
I wish I could go more minimalist, but I really like my Vita, 3DS and all the other shit I use

Attached: 12. Sad Wooby.jpg (648x645, 36K)

Probably just my laptop would be fine. I can make messages and calls off it through iMessage + FaceTime.

>choose two things
>one is a clock
>one already has a clock
user...

w2c watch?

Not the poster but i will chime in

Although i agree with you. Its all the men have to wear making us look like a faggot.

I could live pretty well integrated with modern society with just a phone if someone made something like the razer project linda for it that had a 2-in-1 laptop form factor. It might be a pain in the ass as far as software, but I could do it.

A phone screen just isn't enough. I need at least a 13 in display for some tasks.

The only thing you need to survive is a phone number for people to reach you, be it a mobile phone or a landline. Everything else is not a necessity.

Any complaints about your x230, or anything you wish it could do that it doesn't?
I'm really close to buying one, but I haven't bought a proper computer in like a decade and I'm leery.

OP: raspberry pi is my jam

thinkpad t420 and my iphone 6 is all I use.

I could live off just a laptop, probably with a few external hard drives, if I had to. I wouldn't much like it, I'd miss my desktops, but I could. Phones are a burden that I'd be glad to be rid of.

My X230 is like one of the best devices I have had in a while, the keyboard is pretty shitty but you can replace with any X20 series keyboard and just reflash the bios.
That's the only complaint really.
Also try finding an IPS version, my IPS X230 has a godly screen in comparison to my T420s TN panel.
Good choice in systems tho user!

Attached: 7. Happy.jpg (806x720, 117K)

>mfw I only own a laptop and a phone and that's been the case for 7 years now

I suppose I could survive with my just phone (Pixel 2 XL) and a keyboard...would probably get eye cancer in a year from using it so close to my face. Normal cell use most of the day, typing when I'm bored and want to make things.

>iMessage + FaceTime.

Lifesavers

guns fire and clothes