Why does this OS keep shitting itself? Did I get memed?

Why does this OS keep shitting itself? Did I get memed?

Attached: fedora.png (7200x7200, 502K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.softpedia.com/news/Linus-Torvalds-Smashes-the-Fedora-Project-Calls-Them-Stupid-393127.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you're doing beta testing for redhat

Beta testing what? Red Hat packages don't come from Fedora. They're always miles behind and 90% of the bug reports involved go to GNOME, or KDE, or individual projects.

Hi, I'm Evan from NSA, we are very glad that you choose Fedora as your OS.

If you want stability on this side of the aisle, use Cent.

lol HQ will be calling you shortly, Evan.

literally fedora and ubuntu are the distros of choice for people with lives, important jobs and no autism

you're only getting "memed" by it if you are a demented fuck

fedora aims on coders, powerusers and redhat-fans. ubuntu is the normie distro.

It well works on my machine :^)

>Why does this OS keep shitting itself?
Because its Red Hat testing ground not supposed to be used for real production line
>always miles behind
Because they pick the packages and test it before they become ready to be usable

hey you must be bored

That's Windows tho. Ubuntu is for hipsters who want to look different, Fedora is for neckbeards.

there's literally nothing wrong with it

Attached: Screenshot_20180509_162749.png (1920x1080, 924K)

I mean when it comes to using Linux for professional reasons (because work demands it) then the distro of choice for working non aspie people its either ubuntu or fedora

gnome is garbage /that's what the g stands for

Fedora is a rolling distro that's not very suitable for any professional use. If anything I'd recommend OpenSUSE. Debian is a mess, Ubuntu is slow and people use it out of familiarity.

Thanks for contributing to SELinux NSA-chan

this
also, this

This idiot clearly doesn't know anything about Fedora

>distro used by Linus himself
>neckbeards call it unstable and redhat testing grounds
ok

Attached: linux.jpg (200x250, 9K)

One of the original gnome devs was, just maybe, the stupidest person on earth. I don’t know if he’s still involved, if his philosophy is still present, or if they scrubbed his slime off the whole thing, but I don’t care. Fuck gnome.

The stupid thing he said was regarding their design metaphor. I forget what they called it but it was supposed to mimic “reality”: i.e., you files and desktop should behave like actual files and a real desk. This is stupid by itself, but what he said was just in passing. An example he made thinking that he was delivering a sick burn to idiots (paraphrased):

“A web browser is supposed to behave like a book. Websites are books, a web page is analogous to page in a book, so bookmarks should behave accordingly. Some people don’t understand this. In fact, I’ve seen some people so confused that they have multiple pages from different sites open in a single browser! They clearly are misunderstanding how browsers are supposed to work.”

Fuck that stupid fucking guy in his stupid fucking ear.

>rolling
confirmed for not knowing shit

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 56K)

what? im using fedora daily for work and its perfect for that.

he does not use a great deal of userspace applications

what the fuck kind of statement is this? do you think he runs his text editor, compiler, version control, email client, and browser in the kernel?

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

yeah, my bad. i meant he does not use the majority of programs that "normies of Jow Forums" use, which are probably what causes the OS to shit itself in the first place.

he admits to not even knowing how to install debian, so i don't doubt he just uses whatever is default and gets him to a terminal

Fedora isnt really a desktop system, no linux is. If you are running fedora as a desktop let me urge you to try windows 10. Linux is a server operating system with some graphical capabilities that have been nailed onto it and held in place by boxing tape and a bit of wood glue. Everything about Linux screams "I AM A SERVER OPERATING SYSTEM" in letters a hundred metres square. If you want a decent desktop operating system with a GUI then use windows 10. Linux is for technicians and sysadmins

(You)

Attached: 1472832928563.png (1415x853, 331K)

i get what you're saying about Linux, but at this point i'd rather start using macOS than go back to Windows 10.

It was "superpower by 2020" user. Or did that change?

>Linux is a server operating system
>with GUI and tons of application software

Attached: 1512479537170.jpg (1066x600, 77K)

my post was more of how it works than it's design atm

news.softpedia.com/news/Linus-Torvalds-Smashes-the-Fedora-Project-Calls-Them-Stupid-393127.shtml

>news.softpedia.com/news/Linus-Torvalds-Smashes-the-Fedora-Project-Calls-Them-Stupid-393127.shtml
>complaining about software you use = hating them to your guts
ever heard of tough love? did he say he was abandoning fedora?

This.

I've been a Slackware user since the early 90s, switched to Fedora a few years ago because I wanted to try a larger variety of packets and–finally!–a decent packet manager. I've never had any distro-related problem the entire time.

I use Awesome WM and have not for even a single second run Fedora with Gnome.

Attached: donald_knuth_pussy_magnet.jpg (602x602, 68K)

fedora is his preferred distro because of affiliation with red hat

linus is a high iq normal person with a career and life who doesnt he uses whatever works

only unemployed people or college students care about distros