>nice neighborhood *
>good car no debt
>got a hs diploma and comptia certs
>nb4 certs are useless
>been getting desktop support offers. $20-25/hr
>tired of dealing with snow
>$3k saved but can save $10k by end of year
>dont give a shit about bars/restaurant or the "social scene"

*are there any cities down south that meet these criteria with a growing IT field? am i chasing a unicorn? worse case scenario is i deal with the snow for a few years and get more exp.

Attached: 654132487954621.png (520x686, 631K)

Check out Huntsville

Huntsville is a clean motherfucking city.

Dallas / Ft. Worth might work for you. House prices have been climbing recently but it's still one of the most affordable big metro areas in the country. No state income tax is a plus as well.

looks comfy as fuck. is racist? im a bit on the darker side.

that was my original pick but the apartments around my price range look sketchy as fuck

Nashville's IT scene is BOOMING Right now. Its hard not to find a good tech job down here.

sauce plz

if you're talking about Huntsville, Alabama, it's a 30% darkie population.

>he doesn't know
Enjoy your cultural enrichment.

>Non white in Alabama
Good luck. You're getting arrested/shot over knocking on your neighbor's door.

Having lived in the south the past 20 years I'll say whites and blacks usually get along fine down here with few issues. It's not like Detroit or Chiraq

I work in Atlanta and live in a nearby suburb.
The commute is bad, but I balance my time well, which is just another way of saying "I don't work the full 8 hours".
Salary is 100k, doing menial tier programming work. I'm supposed to get into a technology that I actually enjoy soon, though.
I also get to travel around, meet with clients, exchange code with partners on the company's dollar, which is nice.
I've got about 30k saved, pretty decent considering I'm 22. I don't have my own car, I just use my dad's. I bought my mom an SUV recently, been paying it off and upping my credit.
The mortgage on our house is about 1200 a month, with utilities and internet, I pay around 1400 a month. I should be paid off and debt free in a few years.
If you think you can get a CS job that's in vogue (ie, one of the buzzword memes that every college sophomore spouts at you every chance they get), then I highly recommend moving to one of the north Georgia suburbs.
Most neighborhoods are white/Asian/Indian. I know Jow Forums is anti pajeet, but it's hard to deny they don't start shit for no reason nor that they don't bring down property value. Plus most of them keep to themselves.
You will have to deal with them in the working environment though, but most I've met have been in the American IT/tech field since Office Space days, not FOBs.
Rent's not gonna be cheap though, but the salary generally makes up for it. If you play your cards right, you can end up with a minimum effort job that pays at least 85k, minimal commute required.
I'd recommend buying a house, but it's getting kinda hard to find decent sized houses with good yard area nowadays.
The only bummer is that you'll probably be bored as fuck if you're a night owl. Things close down early and practically the only thing to do is watch movies.

Find a place where you have family. If you're not cousin fucking, you'll never fit in there.

Any major city will have tons if it jobs.

you need to make decent money before you can enjoy culture.

who do i believe

great info. thanks

i live in a redneck area now and i fit in just fine.

>looks comfy as fuck. is racist? im a bit on the darker side.
as long as you don't dress or act like a nigger no one will care. Racism is overblown even in the South

good to know. im the whitest black guy youll ever meet.

>i live in a redneck area now and i fit in just fine.
Exactly. So is it your mom, sister or cousin?

lol im on my own here bro.
are they bitchy about college degrees? in my experience it varies on how short staffed a company is. helldesk job i have now wanted minimum of an associates degree but hired me cause they were desperate lol

What certs do you have user?

I live 30 minutes from Atlanta and I can't find a decent IT job. But maybe its cause I only have an A+. I do have some IT experience though.

>are they bitchy about college degrees?
Honestly it depends on your age and experience. Having a degree makes you a shoe-in, at least as far as getting an interview goes.
If you're old enough, or the working environment is filled with older people, ie 40+ (there's a good amount of places like this), then they're a bit less likely to care. It also depends on what technology you want to work with. Basic programming and even sysadmin jobs, you can get by with high school diploma, certs, and working experience.
The more buzzwordy jobs, like data scientist, artificial intelligence, neural networks, that kind of thing, it's almost certainly off limits to anyone without a degree.
Now, the good thing about GA is that there's 3 big schools that you can consider for continuing your education, if you wanna think about that.
cont.

The first one, Georgia State University, is really easy to get in. Showing minimal aptitude will pretty much guarantee a seat in one of the satellite campuses. From there, you can easily move to the main campus downtown. They've got a decent, no nonsense CS degree that'll give you enough experience with real world tools to get a decent job. The good thing about this school is that it's the best one for someone who's taken a break from education for a while.
The second one, University of Georgia, is considerably harder to get into, especially in recent years. It doesn't have a _great_ CS program, but the college's name makes up for it. It's pretty much a place to make connections and help each other out. The environment isn't conducive for older (25+) people who want to go back to school, but it's a good choice nonetheless, if only for the friends you could make.
Last one is Georgia Tech. Much more difficult to get into, when I was applying for schools people used to joke it was harder to get into than MIT. The CS degree there is top tier in GA. The classes are much more abstract, meaning you'll learn the bare necessities to get through. You'll get very little real world knowledge taught to you in class, but the name of the school makes up for it in spades. If you're continuing your education, it's probably impossible to get into Tech on your first application, you might have to transfer in from a different school, but getting out means that finding jobs is a goddamn cakewalk.

Cumming/Alpharetta/Norcross are good. You could find a comfy devops job with cert experience. I was talking with a few people doing devops/sysadmin work and they said they primarily care for professional Linux experience and like Cisco certs, if you can get them.
My last job was doing server administration for a bigger company, and we used to hire older guys who've been working with the terminal since the 90s, but not a lick of formal CS training, gr8 guys too.

>, and we used to hire older guys who've
a+, net+ and sec+. i honestly shouldve skipped the net+. the other two are the ones employers ask about the most in my experience.

going back to school is not an option but thank you for the info, user. i make 15/hr now and have more than enough money left over. i'd like 60k and even then its only cause i want to travel a little bit and buy a house to rent it out. as long as im in a safe neighborhood, have my guitars and a gym, i dont need much else.

Mexicans are ethnically cleansing Atlanta of black gangs. It uses to be a lot worse. Based illegals.

looks like south america

I work in DevOps, buckhead area. Nobody gets hired here without a degree with a few exceptions. I went to UGA and got a math degree as their CS program was really awful at the time. Not sure if it's better now or what but their math dept. was very nice on the applied side and I had a dev job waiting for me.

She's a flip.
>t. half-flip

you rite, my suggestion is a flop