/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on other youtube)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM, Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming WITH/WITHOUT a graphics card (Low end)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale & closer to 2200G price
>R5 2600X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPU (Mid range)
>i7-8700k - Best for gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700X - Best high-end mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>TR 1950X/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (HEDT)
Overclocking
>Use Precision Boost2 offsets to overclock Ryzen2000X series!

RAM
>8GB - enough for glorified gaming use
>16GB - for heavy PC use
>32GB+ - if you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933-3200 MHz is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 560, $115; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220+
>There have been good sales on RX560/RX570/RX580 lately. Look for them
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega56/64; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
>Titan V

Storage
>Optane is good with StoreMi on Ryzen; not good on Intel
>240GB minimum for a storage drive
>2TB HDD are barely more $ than 1TB
>m.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider getting a larger SSD, instead of small SSD & large HDD; add HDD later when needed

General
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: rate.jpg (1280x960, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/bdPgbX
pcpartpicker.com/user/oshirigami/saved/22sd6h
amazon.com/Samsung-S22B300B-21-5-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B007ILDVJG
pcpartpicker.com/list/CKLwcY
pcpartpicker.com/list/vwQfvn
pcpartpicker.com/list/4P4Bjy
fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/pVJk9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/7mXY9J
fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/cLkwrH/gskill-memory-f42400c15d8grr
youtu.be/nS-t2Z0Wc3I?t=78
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why isn't there a mATX X470 mobo?

Because we're only like a week or two post-launch at this point?
It's good we aren't getting flooded with new boards at least, maybe the board partners will actually take their time and design their motherboards well this time round.

Just so you all are aware, the 1070 ti is most of the way back to MSRP. My friend picked up a 1070 ti hybrid for $570 and the best prices i could find were $500 for the old reliable gigabyte windforce coolers, which can handle my 1080 fine.

>cont. from last thread

pcpartpicker.com/list/bdPgbX

>Took one anons advice on getting a cheaper 6-core Ryzen for similar performance
>Someone mentioned an X470 would be easier to work with
>Swapped the Seagate HDD with Samsung EVO SSD
>Tossed the sound card because apparently integrated sound is good by itself
>Don't really need optical drive

Anything else on here that looks fucked up?

Attached: pcgamer.png (600x774, 164K)

Might as well get 1080Ti SLIs even if SLI is dying. Titan V is just not worth it for gaming

>the mind of the amd apologist

I have this Ryzen build for one year now and I was wondering what are some good additions/replacements to upgrade it with?

R5 1600
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3-CF
GTX 1050 Ti
1TB HDD

I don't think that's why... 300 series had awful choice of mATX boards, too.
There's like 30 x470 ATX boards and 2 mITX already at launch.

There is some rational that mATX doesn't usually use the extra 4 or whatever PCIe lanes... but it definitely can with an extra m.2 slot.
If you want to make a 2600X mATX build right now, you just get a b350 board like the ASUS TUF b350m.

MSRP for it is $450 and that's still too much. Should be $400.
Not worth paying twice as much as an RX570 for 40-50% more performance.

why 1600 on an X470 board?
If you want cheap, put it with a b350.
If you want more performance, get the 2600X.
Also that GPU is silly expensive.
You also have a Freesync monitor, which Nvidia doesn't support.
Do this build or something very similar:
>pcpartpicker.com/user/oshirigami/saved/22sd6h
You could replace the SSD with a HDD and a 256gb fast SSD and use StoreMi instead. Could also probably upgrade to the 1TB 860 Evo for $270 and be within your budget instead of using StoreMi.

>average FPS
dumb shill.

What monitor?
Wait for GPUs to get cheaper and get an RX580 and Freesync monitor, probably.
For the now, you should get a 500GB SSD and move your OS and most of what you use regularly onto it.

Attached: perfdollar.png (500x970, 53K)

If you're going to blame AMD for there not being a big enough variety of boards at launch and not the board partners, who the fuck are you going to blame for the disasterous X299 launch where most board partners didn't even support Kaby Lake and some didn't even support Thunderbolt on their highest end boards.
Or is it the board partners' fault only when it happens to Intel?

300 series had an awful choice of boards in general. Highest end MSI even offered was Gaming Titanium. Only Asus and Asrock had honestly decent showings last gen. Gigabyte improved this time round though, but MSI is still lagging.

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x970, 47K)

The monitor I used is this:

Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1600x900@60Hz)
Thought I can't find any details of it the internet but it looked like this
amazon.com/Samsung-S22B300B-21-5-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B007ILDVJG

What graphics card do I need to get for 768p?

Attached: tfw indie dev.png (536x800, 232K)

This meant for you actually, sorry.

Better RAM?
An SSD?
A 2700?
Whatever you want man. But I would hold off on the GPUs just a bit longer.

GT 420.

This user is right. Either take some pointers from here pcpartpicker.com/list/CKLwcY or just drop the X470 for a B350, drop the Asus for the Zotac and bump the memory up to 2666mhz or higher. And for the price of that SSD you could get a 256GB SSD and a 2TB drive.

Is there a step by step showing that build in OP? I'm curious to see how they squeezed all that in there.

I'm building a 1070 build this summer for mostly deeplearning work and occasional gaymen. Did AMD finally get to the point where its actually preferable to i5-8400?

2200g is excessive for 768p.. but that's not a gpu.
I'm guessing you're on an older PCIe with a resolution that small. Maybe something like a r7 265 or 750ti?

At that resolution, a 1050Ti is currently plenty.
Just yeah save up like $400 to buy a new 75hz or better freesync monitor and RX580 when the prices come down.
Or the new Nvidia GPUs might be fast enough for the price to warrant Gsync (seems doubtful to me).

Not actually that hard to squeeze it in. Nano are tiny. Just need a compact PCI bifurcation and very bendy PCIe risers. But if you reverse image search, you should find the forum thread.

Yes, 2600X is preferable to a 8400. They're up about 15% gaming performance over last year.
Average FPS is still a little lower, but the better minimums, smoothness, handling background processes, platform, etc, makes the 2600X win out.
I used to recommend the 8400 over the 1600 for pure gaming, but now I don't recommend the 8400 anymore as there are far too many drawbacks for the slight average fps gains.

Depends. If your gaming sessions revolve exclusively around CS:GO and you love a good stutterfest, the 8400 is still the CPU for you!

Mistakenly selected the 1600

>v3
pcpartpicker.com/list/vwQfvn

>Upgraded to 860 Series EVO
>Fixed the 1600-2600x thing

What GPU would you recommend if that one is too expensive?

Look at the other build, dude.

Why have you forced me to post this thrice now? Just look at it.
pcpartpicker.com/list/CKLwcY
Like I said, Zotac Amp.

Thanks, looks like I'll have to wait more with patience since I've saved cash a lot at this point.

Are the issues with drivers and nvidia compatibility over though?

no one can be this retarded, right?
>2017: quad cores are all stutterfests!
>2018: hexacore are all stutterfests!

neck yourself

I managed to get my hands on a new 1080ti cheap, but I'm not sure if it is worth upgrading my entire build over:

Current--
i5 3550k with a mild overclock
16GB DDR3 1600
680 GTX with a (very) mild overclock

I figured that I could either just replace the 680 with the 1080ti and hold off on upgrading the rest for a while longer, but I'm assuming that my i5 will be a bottleneck for the 1080ti at higher utilization

Thinking about upgrading to:
2700 or 2700x
Mobo like ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
16GB DDR4 3400 (with decent timings, whatever I can do to get the lowest memory latency as my understanding is that the infinity fabric enjoys as fast as possible here). Was looking at gskill sniper x which is 3400 CAS 16 but can't find it in stock yet.

Use cases:
Gaming (1440p @ 144hz)

1080p Streaming (while gaming)

Recording 1440p 60 FPS via Shadowplay or other while gaming / streaming. I do plan to utilize SSD storage for this before dumping to my NAS later for bulk storage.

Moderate amounts of image / video editing work.

I might add a pcie USB3 hub for extra ports but don't have any unusual requirements for peripherals / storage.

Two major questions:
1.) How badly is the i5 3550k going to bottleneck this 1080ti if I'm aiming for consistent 144+ FPS in gaming at 1440p?

2.) Any real benefit to a 2700x over the 2700? If I get the latter, I'd probably just OC it to the 2700x speeds. Better binning?

Budget isn't a major concern.

3.) What sort of aftermarket CPU coolers are recommended for AM4 / Zen+? Or are the included Wraith coolers "good enough" if I don't want to bother with heavy overclocking / water cooling?

Thanks for any advice.

>Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler was on sale and I missed it

Attached: 1482311855600.webm (1280x720, 3M)

It looked a little pricey but I think since I'm spreading it out over time it won't matter much. This will probably be what I end up going with. I really appreciate all the help, Jow Forums is nicest board confirmed.

Curve monitors a no go to buy because they are meme or not?

Pretty much. No more weird issues in Rise of the Tomb Raider at least.

Hey, it's still less than 8 threads, and Intel hyperthreading is still shit, and games are now using Ryzen's core counts pretty efficiently.
Deal with it. And stop buying locked i5s for fuck's sake.

You can buy SniperX CL19 3600Mhz and tighten the timings yourself, it will have about the same real latency as CL16 3466 at CL17.

And no, the true advantage of the 2700X is in XFR2. XFR2 is basically automatic per-core overclocking that allows the stronger 2-4-8 threads to reach speeds of up to 4350Mhz, which helps with gaming.

How badly your i5 will bottleneck will depend on the games you play. If we're talking say for example AC origins your GPU won't even get to 60% utilisation in some areas. But in CS:GO it won't make much of a difference.

I'm using the Hyper 212 Turbo atm. Any tower cooler should be fine though.

Only worth it at the really high end imo.

The build I linked includes a keyboard, mouse, speakers, a superior 144hz monitor and 16GB of RAM. You can drop the price by going with 8, going with the cheaper 75Hz monitor and supplying your own keyboard and mouse.

Yep, Nvidia seems to have greatly improved their driver lately when it comes to performance, especially on 4+ core CPUs.

You're probably bottlenecking the 680 to begin with.
My i5-2500k with a mild overclock bottlenecked my 7970 fairly often the past 3 years.

>1.) How badly is the i5 3550k going to bottleneck this 1080ti if I'm aiming for consistent 144+ FPS in gaming at 1440p?
Even at 1440p, fairly severely. 4c/4t CPUs can't maintain a consistent 60fps minimum in lots of games from the past 2 years. Hell, they can't even do so in 5 year old games like Crysis 3, GTA V, and Metro Last Light. I can't believe you haven't noticed this with your 680? Granted, a 680 is a bit weaker now days than a 7970, but still... don't you see the stutter?

>2.) Any real benefit to a 2700x over the 2700?
Yes. It's nearly maxed out out of the box. Attempting to overclock it often makes it slower because XFR2/PB2 is so good.
Precision Boost is improved so much that they almost should have renamed it. It works completely differently now.
>If I get the latter, I'd probably just OC it to the 2700x speeds. Better binning?
No. Best you'll reach is likely 4.2. MAYBE 4.3.

If you get a board with an external clock gen, you can offset the boost and voltage (if you're lucky with silicon, won't even need to increase voltage). Setting a flat voltage and clock on all cores is now a rather obsolete way of overclocking.

??? It was $950, a lot cheaper than yours even once you add a monitor.

Personal preference.
For artists, definite no due to lines not being straight. For consumer, is fine if you like them.

Attached: BLCK 103.4 (conservative).png (572x767, 267K)

Rate this build
pcpartpicker.com/list/4P4Bjy

Intended for mostly for webdev on Ubuntu.
Trying to replace aging old i3-2120, GT 430 half-dead college build.

Attached: its either this or Intel NUC.jpg (1151x647, 122K)

Looks ok.

If you can wait a few weeks, AMD is supposed to be merging Raven Ridge drivers into the main drivers which should fix some of those lingering 2200G/2400G Linux issues.
At least hopefully that's not just a Windows only thing being done.

What is objectively the best 1050 ti on the market right now?
I know buying a midrange gpu is a dumb move at the moment but I want to indulge in some good old western consumerism no matter the cost.
is it pic related ?

Attached: majestic.jpg (1280x1280, 152K)

both the 8400 and 2600 are 6 core processors physically moron. hyperthreading or smt won't alleviate any of that shit if the game is a shit optimized stutterfest and both would be hit equally. by you saying the 8400 is a stutterfest you in turn are calling the 2600 a stutterfest. in reality a quad core is fine for 99.9999% of games both new and old.

He's talking about my build.
Was more expensive because it had everything including keyboard, mouse, 144hz monitor, speakers, ATX X470, 16GB 3600 CL19, S340, etc.

>1030
Just get a chink 750 instead.

It's that and the Asus Strix version pretty much. I have the Strix. It's fucking silent and I enjoy it.

No see you're yet another moron who doesn't read whitepapers.
AMD's implementation of SMT enables the cores to actually share resources between threads, instead of having one thread at a time monopolise the entire core.
Hence, i5s are stutterfests and Ryzen 5s are the smoothest performers around at the moment.
Literally just ask anyone who's used both.
And again: STOP BUYING LOCKED i5s THEY'RE FOR SUCKERS!

And no. Again. Quad cores are not enough any more. Not without at the very least SMT. Look at actual fucking benchmarks you massive mongoloid. You get last gen i5s bottlenecking the fucking 1060 at this point.

Wow, you're actually trying to gaslight /pcbg/?

I made another list, but used a 2200G instead of 2400G this time. Nevertheless, it looks like a decent sub €300-€350 pc is impossible to build nowadays.
fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/pVJk9J

Absolute nonesense.
pcpartpicker.com/list/7mXY9J

are you really this retarded or just baiting?
i have looked at benchmarks, i know over 10 people who use quadcores personally for gaming, i have used quadcores expensively (literally just finished fixing a 4690k/970 build for someone - and i tested some games on it) and there wasn't a single game where a quadcore made it unplayable, even less to the point where it would bottleneck a fucking 1060. and guess what? i have also seen both 8400 and a 1600 from last gen with my own eyes with NO stuttering! so who provides the more objective truth? someone who actually works with PC's or some retard on the internet who probably takes morons like joker productions, adoredtv and linustech as the holy grail of everything pc?

considering there are 100's or maybe even 1000's of new games released each year both my AAA devs and indie devs, i'm only requesting a mere 20 or so games of which a quadcore is not enough for anymore and also requesting the same amount showing a 8400 is a stutterfest. i'll wait.

extensively*

>(2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Those are US prices. If I wanted 2x4, I'd go with this : fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/cLkwrH/gskill-memory-f42400c15d8grr

Also, I could get a better hdd with just €25, but I want to include an ssd since I've been hearing all sorts of good things about it.

It is very much doable. I can pick up an htpc case with a power supply and call it a day to reduce cost. But I want to upgrade this down the path and I want to keep my ram, psu, etc. through those upgrades. That's why I chose the 500w gold psu.

Why isn't there a gpu that is priced between the 560 and 570? The 570 is like 1.7 times faster.

>stuttermeme on coffeelake
Drones still cant cope with being btfo by the 8400 in games. 6 real threads are faster than any 4c8t clock for clock

after these new processors came out all these retards who have never touched any other pc aside from their own and spend all day watching gaming benchmarks rather than playing actual fucking games are suddenly saying how everything which came out prior to these new processors is unusable at all. there are literally people using fucking 2200g quadcores with inbuilt graphics and are having a nice 60+ fps experience. granted these are lesser demanding games but this guy gave a blanket statement "Quad cores are not enough any more" which imply they're not enough for anything at all.
it's these same people who go to /v/ acting like they're the "masterrace" and put people off from potentially moving up to pc's one day. these are the people starting the console/pc flamewars because of their arrogance.

Thanks for the advice regarding the 1050 ti, friend.

Thanks. I'll probably just go with the 2700x then. I'll be on the look out for the 3600 SniperX memory.

I'd figured that newer games especially would be a huge hit. The high FPS requirements are mostly for the competitive multiplayer shooters; lower FPS for single player stuff is more acceptable I guess but I didn't buy a 1080ti to have a suboptimal experience either.

2700X is definitely looking like the better bet...

I do need the best single thread possible for some game engines, unfortunately. So a small BLCK overclock does look appealing if it makes that big of an impact and XFR2/PB2 does its job well.

Thanks for that info.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a ton of stutter with the 680 GTX, though its performance has been slightly less than reference.

I do try to run games at passable framerates though, so in recent years that has meant setting a bunch of stuff to medium / low in most modern games.

No, amd is still worse at gaming and poor value for strictly gaming pcs

There's the 1050ti.

>i work with computers hurrrr
And what do you think I do cunt?
My family's owned this computer shop since the 80's and i was fucking raised in it, I welcome you to take your anecdotes elsewhere.
Show me an actual modern game that can take advantage of multi-core that runs on last gen i5s without being at 100% CPU usage 100% of the time. Same games will only run somewhat better on the 8400, but in the long term you're simply better off having SMT.

Then you're an upgrader and that's fine, you have to pay a bit more for the privilege of "future proofing" your build. But it's certainly doable if your standards are where they should be. And yeah too bad about EU prices.

Mate. Quad cores are to gaming PCs now what dual cores with hyperthreading used to be. Even Intel acknowledges this. They're enough for a 1060 (in most games) for now but they'll hardly last a single fucking upgrade cycle. Just give it up and move on.

Nice try schlomo

I asked for an amount of evidence of this processor being a stutterfest and you flopped at the first hurdle. At least we know you're a marketer now.

>games suddenly will need more than 4 threads because everyone own ryzen 5s now
What drones actually think

Attached: 130775871946.jpg (437x598, 42K)

Attached: meta-chart-2.jpg (1200x774, 90K)

Amd btfo

Attached: meta-chart-3.jpg (1200x772, 82K)

Btfo by the i3 hahahahahahaha

Attached: meta-chart-4.jpg (1200x777, 91K)

What's funny is I actually have a quad-core paired with a 1070 and I get a consistent 100+ fps in games which should apparently be bottlenecked by the i5. I get 120+ in bf1, 200+ in fortnite, 120+ in pubg, 140+ in bf4 etc. I'm able to take full advantage of my 1070 with this processor which allegedly will bottleneck a 1060. After a while you can see the posters here who haven't left their basement in a long time.

>but muh jews!!!!!

Attached: meta-chart-1.jpg (1200x770, 84K)

They cant cope with the low fps so they backwards rationalize. Its been this way for a year. Also of course none these benchmarks count because ryzen didnt wk

Attached: 97913.png (650x337, 42K)

>marketer
LMAO I fucking wish. No, like I said, I work at a family computer shop. We do occasionally do stuff with Vodafone though.

The Ryzen 5 1600 was on top of Newegg's sales charts for how long exactly?
Shill.

Boy, these actual shills sure are quick with the screens their marketing department provides them.

*didnt win

Is there anything I should know about my AMD nano or am I going to have to live with the noise and heat?

>newegg
Amazon sells more cpus and most of them are intel

>posting benchmarks to show real performance is shilling
Hahahaha yes keep people misinformed so they think ryzen is the best at gaming

Now show us the CPU utilisation charts. Schlomo.

Oh, Amazon huh? You mean the site where the Threadripper 1950X is currently 20 positions ahead of the nearest i9?
The 1600 topped their sales charts multiple times as well. But you know, great damage control there. Proud of you amigo. I'll tell your boss to reserve the best sopa for you.

It sure is fishy how quickly you come up with all these cherrypicked benchmarks.

Try watercooling it.

>they dont count you were paid to post these
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BTFO

Attached: 1397705624156.jpg (587x347, 34K)

youtu.be/nS-t2Z0Wc3I?t=78
Enjoy your fucking stutters faggots. Take a nice look at the cpu usage in the video while you're at it.
>muh 8400 is cheaper
>muh ryzen needs better ram
Yeah, and your shintel chip runs flawless by itself without a mobo or ram right?
>may those fucking shekels to unlock that shit goy!
No, how about you go fuck yourself?

>s-shill!

Listen up retard, you claimed a processor which is from a company you quite evidently dislike for whatever stupid reason is only good for counterstrike and is a stutterfest. You then went on full damage control when you were called out about it and started deflecting to other things like calling quad-cores basically dead. You then failed to provide a shred of evidence when asked to prove your claims.
I don't hold allegiances to either company because I'm not a brand loyalist on par with console kiddies but anyone one who is lurking itt right now whether they own amd or Intel can see how retarded your claims are and how vitamin D deficient you are.

Now neck yourself or go back to r*ddit and tell everyone there how their pc's are dead and useless because they have processors older than a year.

Attached: 1480874421874.jpg (480x720, 45K)

Did you even watch the video? 8400 has higher fps and better frametimes

Attached: 1414913074555.jpg (498x482, 56K)

(notice how he's not denying it)

Let me just direct you towards Enjoy your stutterfest.

Every single fucking times, these kikes...
see :

>its well know the only thing intel is better than amd right now is gaming
>drones cannot handle this because amd MUST be the best at everything
>lie and deny every benchmark thay clearly show this
>make up stutter nonsense with no evidence
>post video of 2600 having worse frametimes and fps as an example

Attached: 11375236_915026851918913_791708842_n.jpg (452x452, 26K)

>posts autistic reply after watching 20 seconds of the video
I used a timestamp, but it didn't work for some reason. Keep watching faggot.
>but muh 5 more fps
with 30-40% more cpu utilization compared to ryzen in witcher 3 and ac origins. Do you want me to post a ac unity benchmark that badly faggot?

You posted this video 2 days ago i had already seen it and called you stupid then

>replying to a guy with a quad-core
>posts a chart where the only quad-core is getting dumpstered

Ok

>>post video of 2600 having worse frametimes and fps as an example
I saw this but didn't want to mention it in case the moron said the opposite so I could then refer him back to his own video

Attached: 1483587231731.jpg (1198x568, 108K)

ASUS B350 Prime plus or ASRock AB350 Pro4, which one is better?

Except for the fact that I wasn't here 2 days ago. Unlikeyou, I don't shill for shit every single day on the internet you dumb kike.

>sees first 10 seconds of video
>notices nothing else but the fps numbers
>continues shitposting
the absolute state of shintelkikes

Attached: autist.jpg (221x250, 9K)

The amd apu is getting dumpstered because its bulldozer, just one up from that is the 6c12t getting dumpstered by a 4c8t and a 6c6t

Picking parts is actually really hard. Trying to weed out the lies I tell myself so that I'm not overspending on retarded shit is the most difficult part.

The 8700k is better at gaming than Ryzen right now sure. Because it has hyperthreading and an unlocked multiplier AND IT'S NOT A LOCKED I5 HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
It's not a hard concept to grasp. Locked i5s are for suckers. If you're a 1337 gaymer buy the 8700k. If you're still on 4c/4t, you should at least consider upgrading unless your gaming is rather limited to older titles. But if you're value oriented, in other words if you're in the locked fucking i5 audience, AMD was the go-to when the name of the game was phenom and AMD has that title once again.

Asus.

Pro4 is more recommend here and I have it in one of my builds, it's good. Overclocks well. I also got a PC Mate I like a lot.

>you only watched the first 10 seconds
>2600 loses the entire video

Attached: 1359625138298.png (960x730, 200K)

>IM SO FUCKING MAD MY 6C12T LOSES TO THE LOCKED 8400 THAT I AM SEETHING AND TYPING IN CAPS

Typing this on an Intel dual core actually.
My PC at home is 4 cores 8 threads.
But nice try.
My friends on locked Skymeme i5s are a lot madder than I am, that's for sure.

That's the tough part but it's worth it because you won't have buyers regret in the end. A lot of people here say they need more CPU power because they want to stream or something and then never end up doing it.

>pay 350 for a 4c8t
>tell people they are stupid to pay 180 for 6c6t
Kys

>he bought a 1500x

No.

Doesn't exactly bottleneck my 1050ti. And i got it on sale. Great for compiling. Might upgrade to Zen 2 when the time comes.

>If you're still on 4c/4t, you should at least consider upgrading unless your gaming is rather limited to older titles.
this is the most BS. a quadcore isn't limiting at all unless you're some moron who paired a 4 year old quadcore with a 1080 ti expecting to get 200 fps in every game. as i mentioned before i have a 1070 (got it for free) paired with a haswell i5 and it's smooth gaming in every single game. i get 60 fps in the more demanding games and when i need high fps in competitive games i can get the required high fps with this build. there are tens of thousands of people out there who agree with me as quadcores are still the most widely used processors for gaming. just because 6-core processors exist for cheap now doesn't mean everything older than that is suddenly trash and doesn't work at all.

Never go for intlel stutterfires.

>gaming on a 1500x and saying the i5 is bad
>in reality the i5 fucking dunks on the 1500x at everything

Attached: 1444639647862.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

Based 8400 isnt hot at all

Attached: notthathot.png (2593x929, 1.25M)

>i3
>1030

Why don't just go for R5 2400

Based ChAMD OP triggering virgIntels lul

Attached: 1492139297054.jpg (752x548, 282K)

>not even 1k
Nobody in their right mind would buy that garbage.

>Nobody in their right mind would buy thay garbage.

Attached: f12017-1080.png (602x702, 232K)