Unpopular software you use

GO!

Attached: SMPlayer.png (2000x2000, 1.04M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10
demozoo.org/music/172409/
alternativeto.net/software/adobe-after-effects/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

winLAME
VideoPad Video Editor

GNU/Linux :^)

firstchoise
it's a nice text editor for dos macines.

Attached: 1509862832569.png (200x200, 18K)

Zeal

seamonkey
dcp-o-matic

Audacious, caprine, KolourPaint, OnlyOffice, Xfce

Attached: 220px-Tux.png (220x261, 39K)

>Audacious
>Xfce
Neither of these are unpopular, mate.

I was just considering switching from firefox to seamonkey. Whats it like?

>my absolute favs:
unlocker by cedrick collomb
glogg for all my csv lists

>unpopular among normies tier:
honeyview
speedcrunch

>not popular anymore tier:
camstudio
encspot

Threw in xfce as a joke, but honestly nobody I know has ever heard of audacious.

-looks like a very old firefox/classic mozilla browser
-very limited addon support. this might change once they update the codebase to the FF 60ESR codebase with memextensions
-nice email and RSS reader function
-same web engine as FF 52ESR so you can expect the same js, html5 and media format support.

Try it yourself btw, it works 100% independent from other browsers.

It's the perfect choice for people like me who are stuck in the past and want a replacement for Winamp. See it mentioned here somewhat often.

Firefox
Just because the browser wars is so polarized, people or used it, or hated it. I do both. Fuck this piece of shit, the last version (we already at the number 60. what happen with 4.something?) take 2 seconds to change from one form field to another.
And retards go, hur durrrr it take minus 2 microseconds to open. totally worth lose your calm at every single form you need to fill.

macOS

I use it without winamp skin lel

Attached: 2018-05-11 (5).png (631x768, 577K)

windows 10

Same. I like it just because it's simple and light. Used to use Clementine but it looked too bloated for me.

And before some smug fucker decided to call it. IT'S NOT MEMORY, I HAVE 8 FUCKING GB OF MEMORY. GIVE BACK OLD FIREFOX. I DON'T FUCKIGN NEED RENDERING 3D VIDEO USING MY BROWSER I JUST WANT TO WORK FOR FUCKING SAKE! I WANT TO TYPE IN ONE FORM, PRESS TAB AND TYPE AGAIN, I DON'T WANT TO WAIT.

Youtube-DLG

lol use pale moon or waterfox if you liked old firefox. also, I think mem usage has more to do with ads than anything.

I have ublock in all browsers (that is literally the only plugin i use). I will try pale moon and if don't work, i will switch to brave.
Thanks user.

Attached: download.jpg (1439x1438, 82K)

I use it too. I'm not sure why some here strongly dislike it.

Because they think they're cool using a command line tool when a simple unbloated GUI incapable of slowing down any machine made in the last 15 years does the job

Pic related?

Attached: psp9.png (1920x1024, 238K)

Whats wrong with gimp?

Only used it a few times for a specific purpose, so I can't really answer that. This has been getting the job done for the past 10 or so years, so I've not had the need to invest myself in anything else.

Not for lack of trying, mind you. I tried to get into photoshop a while back, but to me it just wasn't worth the hassle.

sure thing, bud. make sure you install ublock origin updater from pale moon extension site and ublock origin itself from github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases

IINA Player. It's MPV with a good UI.
>unlocker
My nigga. I install it on every PC with windows.

Attached: 1518607401820.png (2728x1288, 2.09M)

Attached: linux800x420.jpg (800x420, 48K)

Every operating system is today based on Linux.
Look at Android. Or Apple MacOS is also Unix. Even Microsoft now has Linux inside Windows, Windows is only a subsystem now [1]. Linux took over the world and now it powers 100% of computers, smartphones, TVs, fridges and what not.
So even if you have some shitty Windows or MacOS GUI over it on your PC... underneath it is all Linux.
It is over. Face it. Linux won.

[1] docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

I swore I was going to switch to Vivaldi from Chrome once sync was in. Sync is now in, but I switched to FF since Quantum... and I can't go back. I just love the UI menues and the little stuff like "send tab to X or Y device synced"

WINRAR

*7-zip

bzip2

I said GNU/Linux, not Linux, you fucking retard

clearly butthurt

gimp

how is it unpopular?

I use eclipse...and like it. Yes, I’ve tried other java ides. IntelliJ is super slow. For other languages I just use nano

windows XP

>IINA Player.
>unpopular

Pick one.

Bulk Crap Uninstaller is amazing and much better than Revo. Jow Forums NEEDS to use it.

Used to use it too but VLC subtitle search extension is better. It can search by file hash and you and custom keywords too, not just filename.

ESR

Fucking mong, Unix isn't GNU/Linux

I kind of suffering the same situation as yours. I initially loved and used Vivaldi after dropping Opera and Chrome, but I had to switch to Waterfox because Vivaldi wouldn't stop freezing and breaking thanks to the RAM's space I had in the past.

Now that I have more than enough of RAM, I can go back to Vivaldi, but I'm really used to Waterfox. Vivaldi may have telemetry, but I would still use this great tool.

Micro ST

Attached: MicroST.png (351x278, 36K)

Java programming language

File Converter. Pretty simple, pretty great at resizing images while maintaining great quality, and pretty light. The only thing that bothers me is it doesn't allow you to determine some options to obtain the exact resize you wish.

What's that?

Atari ST music player (SNDH player). Here's the song that is being played demozoo.org/music/172409/

I never have it mentioned in here unless I'm talking about

Attached: Cyberfox_logo_256x256.png (256x256, 52K)

I didn't know that IINA was popular here.
What is different about cyberfox compared to firefox and waterfox?

For me it's light on resources and a fuckton faster than quantum on FF, I can have as many tabs as I want open and still light usage
Also most extensions are supported and constant security updates

didn't it get canned? I just moved on to Waterfox when shit didn't get update in months.

Huh? I haven't heard anything about that
8pecxstudios is still in business, and mine gets updated constantly, also they have two specific versions, 1 optimized for Intel and one for AMD

How is the extension's support on this browser of yours? Can you use things like uBlock and HTTPS Everywhere with the browser?

CDisplay (the original one, not CDisplayEx)
comfy af

well i read on their forums 52.8 was gonna be their last one since the main dev stepped down due to health issues since march 2017, its been more than 12 months. It is shame because it was my favorite browser for years, after main firefox went to shit. I like waterfox but i feel its more of a resource hog compared to the former.

I used to use VideoPad.
Nice brodude.

I have UBlock Origins, a good amount of FF addons and whatnot work on it

Attached: 4U.png (1917x1049, 313K)

Is there a free alternative to After Effect that's any good?

alternativeto.net/software/adobe-after-effects/

Do u mean just on windows? Because there's a lot of software on Mac os that I use that Jow Forums doesn't talk/know about.

No. Any OS is welcome.

>Because there's a lot of software on Mac os that I use that Jow Forums doesn't talk/know about.
Then go ahead and name them. The more unknown software we share, the more satisfied everyone gets here.

>Windows is based on Linux
>macOS is based on Linux
Wew, you got me worried there for a second, thinking someone is actually that retarded, shit

Yeah I just saw that, fuck that sucks now I have to find a new one

Launchy

No.

NHC Software just werks, SumatraPDF, 7zip, SigmaPlot, Waterfox, Aimp

Some of these are popular here but not on the real world

Just spare me the "good luck having the feds being able to scavenge all the stuff you have ever CTRL+C'ed"

Attached: Ditto-clipboard-manager.png (200x190, 16K)

Nomacs

you mean based on unix...

I dropped speedcrunch once I learned it can't into order of operations

>Every operating system is today based on Linux.
I knew Jow Forums losers were retarded, but this crosses the line into mentally ill.

Internet Explorer. Not actually unpopular, but unpopular.