Someone stole my Samsung Smart TV last night between 8:30-9:00 PM...

Someone stole my Samsung Smart TV last night between 8:30-9:00 PM. I am trying to track them and found out that they logged in to my Netflix account at 11:45 PM. I have an IP.

What should I do?

Attached: 182738163837.png (400x384, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jwpg-AwJ0Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

drain his semen in your ass and live in his basement waiting everyday for him to come down and fill you up

Tell Jamal to give it back.

don't change the netflix password
see da po po

Filed a police report immediately after it happened.

I should call back and tell them I was able to find an IP?

yes

Get their address from the ip and give it to the cops

I don't know how to get the address from the IP. Teach a man to fish?

I live in Rhode Island, but the IP address directly traces back to my home town in New York. There were 3 hours between the burglary and logging in, but it is unlikely that would be enough time to drive down there.

and be sure to note what date/time the ip accessed the account as isp's keep a record of which user had what ip when.

you don't. only the isp can hand this to police given you provide the correct ip, date/time

(You) can't get an address from an IP address, but ISPs keep track of who has what IP address they have leased to who and when. If you give the police an IP and a time they can go to the ISP with a warrant and the ISP will have to give the police the identity of the customer who had that IP at that time.

get it back, chad.

call Police and tell them you hace an IP. whois only shows the location of an actual ISP, which means the location you found through whois has nothing to do with what you are looking for. tell police you have an IP, they have a warrant to get information about where IP is from.
this is actually the easiest arrest ever. you are lucky.

What did they end up watching

Black Panther

jamals of the world, beware of smart devices
youtube.com/watch?v=Jwpg-AwJ0Jc

why not track through GPS?

>Black Panther
GIVE IT BACK JAMAL

How did they break in?

What a twist!

Use Visual Basic to write a GUI interface to track the thief's IP address.
youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

OP here. Told the police when they came to take prints. Gave them the IP.

They don't see to know what to do with it, even though I explained they should go right to the ISP (Verizon).

Kicked in the front door. Ballsy. Took a bunch of other stuff too, but none of it is tech. Lots of jewelry from my gf even though she hides it in an atypical spot (i.e., not a jewelry box).

You're not getting your TV back. The cops will say they'll look into it but they won't.

I don't want the TV back as much as I want the fuckers who did this arrested.

That also won't happen sadly enough.

You may be right, but to loosely quote George Michael, I gotta have faith.

Well that's better than nothing I guess.

If the police are incompetent/don't care you're fucked. The ISP does know the identity of the customer whose IP it was, if not the location as well if it's a home internet connection rather than some mobile phone wifi shit, but they're not going to rat out their customer unless they're legally required to, so unless the police go to a judge and the judge agrees that they have probable cause to issue a subpoena against the ISP nothing is going to happen. As far as the area that you "traced" the IP back to, it's meaningless for the most part, ISPs generally have one big infrastructure building in every few hundred miles, and every one of their customers connects to that so as far as those "IP trace" sites you find on the internet are concerned the IP is from the big infrastructure building despite the actual customer being hundreds if not thousands of miles away depending on how the ISP has their network set up.

Post the IP

too long didn't read

this.

Ok I get it, I'm too illiterate so nobody replies to me. Fuck these boards full of pretentious nerd losers. Hope you get you shit robbed by niggers more often, you deserve it for being a pathetic nerd

it's a TV shit for brains it doesn't have a GPS

brainlet go to bed you have to flip burgers in the morning

I just went through a whole thing with the police trying to get back my sister's stolen phone. I got the GPS coordinates (multiple times, actually), but the police couldn't do anything because it wasn't a specific enough location (2-3 possible rooms) for them to have cause to enter. The theft was part of a string of thefts too, Grand Larsony, and desu the police didn't care and weren't able to do shit. It's unfortunate but unless the nigs are really incompetent (and don't give up hope yet, a lot of times they are) nothing will happen.
What you can do is keep bugging them, especially, if you get more pings.

That's a really interesting approach. Basically just honeypot your own device. Make it easy for them to just use it as is.
>desktop no password
>anything sensitive encrypted
>install a bunch of backdoors and telemetry that you can access remotely
I might start doing that on my laptop

Attached: so many lulz shall be reaped.jpg (689x689, 110K)

> GUI interface
> graphical user interface interface

I ain't gonna white boi. Whatchu gonna do? Try come take it? Shhheeeeit.

Backtrace.

Social engineer the ISP into giving their info.

This